Search for content in message boards

Obit Look-up please!

Obit Look-up please!

Posted: 20 Apr 2007 10:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for obit of Rosco Perdue (he took photos for the Times and World News ) he was the stepson of my grandmother, Mary George Foster Campbell Perdue who was married to Rosco's father Bill Perdue and they lived in Roanoke, Va My grandmother died in 1944 I believe and Bill remarried later . This is the only info I have and I need help finding their obits and where they are buried. Thank you for your time and help . Helen Kinsley

Re: Obit Look-up please!

Posted: 28 Oct 2007 3:02PM GMT
Surnames: Perdue
Not sure if this is the Roscoe you need..

PERDUE, ROSCOE E.

Roscoe E. Perdue, age 74 of Roanoke County, died Saturday in a local hospital. He was an army veteran of World War II. For over sixty years, he was involved in the Motion Picture Industry. He will be sadly missed by his wife, family, friends and business associates. Survivors include his wife, Evelyn T. Perdue; daughter, Jimmie P. Whitby; two sons and daughters-in-law, Buddy and Jo Powell; Nelson and Diane Powell, all of Roanoke County; five grandchildren, Darren Powell, and Kathy Chitwood, both of Roanoke; Belinda Turner of Spotsylvania County; Kirsti Powell and Kevin S. Whitby, both of Roanoke. Funeral services will be held at Oakey's North Chapel 3:00 p.m. Tuesday. Interment will follow in Blue Ridge Memorial Gardens. Friends may call at Oakey's North Chapel after 1:00 p.m. Monday.

Edition: METRO
Section: VIRGINIA
Page: A4

Copyright (c) 1992 The Roanoke Times
Record Number: 9205110033

Posted: 28 Oct 2007 9:06PM GMT
Surnames: Perdue-Campbell-Foster
Thank you so much for your help. I'm not sure this is the one I'm looking for . Since there was no parents listed or any dates . I'm really interested in his step-mother or one of them Mary George Foster Campbell ( my grandmother) I don't know where she is buried . Again I thank you for taking the time to answer me . Regards Helen Litchford Kinsley RenieCat66@yahoo.com Lynchburg , Va

Posted: 16 Mar 2008 3:06AM GMT
Hi Helen,
try this link in the rootsweb databases....it mentions a
Roscoe Guy Perdue
http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/va/franklin/cemeteries/...
may not be who you're looking for, but there is a John William Perdue, with wife Sarah Foster Perdue. Franklin County is next to Roanoke County, where the newspaper used to be called the "Times and World News".
Hope this helps some.
Lilly Cecil
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions