Search for content in message boards

CONNOR

CONNOR

Mike CONNOR (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have done some research on my paternal side of my family and my g.g. grandfather

Thomas CONNOR (B:Oct 11, 1842) was born in Ireland (U/K location)

to Thomas CONNOR (no further information known) and Mary STEWART(no further information known).

Thomas CONNOR (Jr.) applied for US Naturalization in Oct 22, 1866 in Houston County, Minnesoata, U.S.A. and became a U.S. citizen in 1871. His Application for U.S. Naturalization shows only that he was from Ireland and his parents names (as noted above) There is no indication of other siblings or location in Ireland as to where he came from. Only other U.S. records show he married one Mary E. CONNOR (maiden name u/k) who was from the State of Vermont, U.S.A and their children Robert Owen CONNOR (g. grandfather), Minnie Gertrude CONNOR, Ella
May CONNOR, Charles C. CONNOR, George H. CONNOR, John CONNOR, and Nora CONNOR. U.S.Federal Census confirms the above but does not indicate any information relative to Ireland, the Minnesota State Census in 1895 is the only record that uses the name O'CONNOR as it relates to all the above. I assume it was due to a clerical error?
I am attempting to locate the area in Ireland in which my ancestors hailed from in order that I can research them
through the appropriate records etc. Any suggestions or information that could help?

Thanks in Advance

Mike Connor

Connor - Rynn/McDaniel/Roonen/Faughnan/Winter/Moran/McPartlan/Conboy/Mason

Posted: 13 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 5:38PM GMT
Surnames: Connor, Rynn, McDaniel, Roonen, Faughnan, Winter, Moran, McPartlan, Conboy, Mason
More Co. Leitrim LDS FHC microfiched index entries. Please check Mormon computerized records for additional information.

1. Mary Connor born 24 Nov 1869 to Michael Connor and Mary Rynn, Mohill.
2. Pat Connor born 01 Jan 1865 to Michael Connor and Catherine McDaniel, Lurganboy.
3. Pat Connor born 20 May 1865 to Thady Connor and Catherine Roonen, Lurganboy.
4. Patrick Connor born 28 April 1864 to John Connor and Mary Faughnan, Mohill.
5. Patrick Connor born 30 Jan 1865 to Thomas Connor and Anne Winter, Rinn.
6. Patrick Connor born 01 April 1866 to Patrick Connor and Catherin Moran, Rinn.
7. Rose Connor born 19 Oct 1865 to Terrance Connor and Mary McPartlan, Drumshanbo.
8. Stephen Connor born 30 Dec 1865 to Peter Connor and Bridget Conboy, Rinn.
9. Marriage, Terance Connor and Maria McPartlan, 08 Feb 1864, Ballinagleragh.
10. Winefred Connor (female) born 07 May 1864 to Patrick Connor and Catherin Mason, Rinn.

That's all I have here at home.

Connor/Conner- Brien/Loughlin/Conboy/Rorke/Winters/Shanly/Doherty/McKinley/McWeny/McNiff/Wrynn/Kelly

Surnames: Connor, Conner, Brien, Loughlin, Conboy, Rorke, Winters, Shanly, Doherty, McKinley, McWeny, McNiff, Wrynn, Kelly
Be sure to check surname list at top of this Co. Leitrim website for more queries and information, and please leave queries at this website for other researchers.

As the O and Mac prefixes at one point in Ireland were pretty much optional, you probably need to check O'Connor and McConnor surnames as well.

Similar-sounding Co. Leitrim surnames include Conley, Connolley, Conefry, Conroy, Oconaboy, Convey, McConner, Camner, Gaynor, Kinaird, Manor, McManor, Minheer, Mungar, Nochor, Enner, Gunner, Kinnear, Maynard, McConogher, McNoger, Monaher, Naughter, Keegan, Coogan, Guighan.

Please check Mormon computerized records for other information, as well as microfiched records for other counties in Ireland..

Co. Leitrim entries:
1. Marriage, Ann Connor and William Brien, 01 Feb 1864, Gowel.
2. Ann Connor born 23 Sept 1865 to James Connor and Mary Loughlin, Drumkeeran.
3. Anne Connor born 27 April 1864 to Peter Connor and Bridget Conboy, Rinn.
4. Anne Connor born 15 June 1865 to Dennis Connor and Anne Rorke, Rinn.
5. Anne Connor born 24 Nov 1869 to Thomas Connor and Anne Winters, Rinn.
6. Bernard Conner born 23 Feb 1866 to Bernard Conner and Bridget Shanly, Rinn.
7. Bridget Connor born 20 Jan 1864 to ?father and Mary Connor, Manorhamilton.
8. Dennis Connor born 18 Jan 1867 to Thomas Connor and Anne Winters, Rinn.
9. Elisa Connor born 18 April 1864 to Thos. Connor and Elisa Doherty, Leitrim.
10. Eliza Connor born 14 July 1866 to John Connor and Susan McKinley, Drumkeeran.
11. Ellen Connor born 09 Jan 1864 to Bernard Connor and Bridget Shanly, Rinn, (poss. same couple as #6).
13. Ellen Connor born 13 April 1864 to Martin Connor and Ann McWeny, Leitrim.
14 . Honora Connor born 07 Jan 1867 to Bernard Connor and Anne McNiff, Rowan.
15. Hugh Connor born 21 May 1864 to John Connor and Bridget Wrynn, Drumshanbo.
16. Margaret Connor born 24 July 1865 to Peter Connor and Elizabeth Kelly, Drumahaire.

More to follow -

Oops, posted prematurely!

Please see two blocks of Connor surname information at this Co. Leitrim website.

Connor/Conner- Brien/Loughlin/Conboy/Rorke/Winters/Shanly/Doherty/McKinley/McWeny/McNiff/Wrynn/Kelly

Surnames: Connor, Conner, Brien, Loughlin, Conboy, Rorke, Winters, Shanly, Doherty, McKinley, McWeny, McNiff, Wrynn, Kelly
Please check surname list at top of this Co. Leitrim website for more queries and information, and please leave queries at this website for other researchers. As the O and Mac prefixes at one point in Ireland were pretty much optional, you probably need to check O'Connor surnames as well.
Similar-sounding Co. Leitrim surnames include Conley, Connolley, Conefry, Conroy, Oconaboy, Convey, McConner, Camner, Gaynor, Kinaird, Manor, McManor, Minheer, Mungar, Nochor, Enner, Gunner, Kinnear, Maynard, McConogher, McNoger, Monaher, Naughter, Keegan, Coogan, Guighan.
Please check Mormon computerized records for other information, as well as microfiched records for ot

O Connor/Connor/Oconnor

Posted: 17 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: O Connor, Connor, Oconnor
Only two microfiched entries for Co. Leitrim in the Mormon index, please check computer records. Similar-sounding Co. Leitrim surnames include Connor and McConnor. The prefixes O and Mac (Mc) were pretty much optional. Similar-sounding surnames include Camner, Enner, Connell, McConnell, McComell, Gunner, Kinnear, O'Cahan, McConogher, McNoger, Maynard, Monaher, Naughter, Gaynor, Kinaird, Manor, McConner, McManor, Minheer, Mungar, Nochor.

1. Catherine O Connor born 05 Jan 1866 to Pat O Connor and Catherine O Connor, Lurganboy.
2. Patrick Oconnor born 05 March 1867 to Patrick Oconnor and Catherine Connor, Lurganboy. (No "O").

This two entries may be the same couple. Please check computer records at the LDS Family History Center.

Please leave your queries at this Co. Leitrim website so other researchers can find you, thank you! I have posted the Connor surname at this website and will post McConnor and any others as I find them, please check back.

CONNOR AND CRAFTON

NANA SMITH (View posts)
Posted: 11 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: CONNOR, CRAFTON
I AM HUNTING INFORMATION ON JAMES OR PATRICK CONNOR OR OCONNOR HIS WIFE WAS MARY CRAFTON. THEY CAME FROM MOHILL CO LEITHRUM IRELAND . HE WAS BORN IN 1818 . HE HAD THREE CHILDREN ON E JAMES ONE PATRICK ONE BERNARD. THEY CAME TO ILL AND TO WARREN CO IOWA. THEN TO POCAHONTAS, IOWA.

Oconnor, similar

Posted: 5 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: O Connor, Oconnor, Connor
Individuals who lived in Co. Leitrim, Ireland included, (per LDS FHC IGI index):

1. Catherine O Connor born 05 Jan 1866 to Pat O Connor and Catherine O Connor, Lurganboy.
2. Patrick Oconnor born 05 March 1867 to Patrick Oconnor and Catherine Connor, Lurganboy. (?same couple).

Similiar-sounding Co. Leitrim surnames include McConner, McConagher, Connell, McConnell, Camner, O'Donnell, O'Cahan, Gihon, O'Connell.

Re: Connor/Conner- Brien/Loughlin/Conboy/Rorke/Winters/Shanly/Doherty/McKinley/McWeny/McNiff/Wrynn/Kelly

Posted: 20 Oct 2008 10:33AM GMT
Surnames: Connor / O'Connor
Margaret Connor born 24 July 1865 to Peter Connor and Elizabeth Kelly

I have the genealogy for Peter O'Connor and Elizabeth Kelly. Margaret was my great great grandfathers sister. She was babptized in Drumahaire, Leitrim in 1865.

Re: Oconnor, similar

Posted: 24 Jul 2011 2:11PM GMT
hi I am too trying to find a Patrick O'Conner who was married to my ggreat auntie Bridget McGovern from Gortnagorn townland killasnet manorhamilton her father was Thomas McGovern and her Mother was Mary (Rogers)McGovern they would be my gggreatgrandparents briget had a brother Called John McGovern my ggreatgrandad
per page

Find a board about a specific topic