Search for content in message boards

Nicholson's Point

Nicholson's Point

Posted: 25 Jul 2007 9:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Nicholson, Simmons, Moncrief(Muncreef), McCormack
Does anyone have any information on the Plantation called Nicholson's Point in Currituck, County? It was owned by William Nicholson when he was given the land grant around 1704 and the land was passed down from generations. It was still there in 1977. I believe a Thomas Simmons was his son -in-law. Would appreciate any info an this family and the Simmons.

Re: Nicholson's Point

Posted: 25 Jul 2007 11:08PM GMT
Surnames: Nichonson

Posted: 26 Jul 2007 3:55PM GMT
Surnames: Nicholson
I have a very long text document on William Nicholson and his descendants. I'd happily e-mail it if you contact me directly at JohnLaird9@aol.com I descend from William also. The land at Nicholson's point, legend has it, transferred by inheritance through nine generations without there being a deed transfer. A descendant did tell me that it finally passed out of family hands.

John Laird
Santa Cruz, CA

Posted: 18 Aug 2007 4:15AM GMT
Surnames: Nicholson
www.home.earthlink.net/~hovarter/nicholson/d8547.html

You may have seen this already, but, just in case.

Posted: 19 Mar 2008 4:50AM GMT
Surnames: Nicholson, Simmons, Saunders/Sanders
Hi, I may be a descendant of the Nicholsons via the Simmons family. Do you know if some of the Simmons of Currituck migrated to New Hanover County, NC? I descend from Asa Simmons who migrated from New Hanover to Lauderdale Co., Mississippi. His daughter, Mary Ann Simmons, married Joseph Saunders. Joseph and Mary migrated to Bastrop County, Texas, in the 1850s. Please contact me.
H. Martin Soward, III
San Antonio, Texas

Posted: 3 Aug 2013 5:34AM GMT
Hi - I also descend from William and have lived in Currituck Co for 20 yrs and now live in Dare Co and doing more and more genealogy - I have been told different stories about the exact location of Nicholson's Point - I believe it's off of Coinjock Bay - others say near Jarvisburg... from your notes and etc - can you tell me where you believe it is (as of today)....
I also have Nicholson's in both my mom and dad's line - they were in Perquimans Co and originate from Marblehead Mass.... wonder if there is a connection between these two...
Thanks Doris Ann White Younts dayounts@hotmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions