Search for content in message boards

Westray Stevenson's

Westray Stevenson's

John Stevenson (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Am a descendant of William Stevenson who came out to New Zealand from Westray in late 19th century. Related to Bremners and Sinclairs of Westray and surrounding Orkney Islands. Interested in any links with relations of history.

Westray Stevensons

Anne Rendall (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Stevenson, Rendall
We are related to Westray Stevensons, this is the family:

George STEVENSON of Bu (or Bull also in records as Bowl), Westray
+Ann SEATTER married August 04, 1824

Children:
George Seator STEVENSON
Ann Traill STEVENSON
William STEVENSON
Stewart STEVENSON (Female)
Thomas STEVENSON
Barbara STEVENSON
John STEVENSON
*Mary STEVENSON
+ Jeremiah (Jerome) Rendall c. Nov. 20, 1829 of Gaird Cottage. The couple was married in Firth but were both from Westray. George Stevenson remarried and moved to Finstown after his first wife died in child birth, Mary went with him. Jeremiah might have followed Mary. The couple lived in Rendall parish (apparently) for a few years and then probably moved to Ontario.

Is the above William your William? Also, do you know Valerie Aitchison of Wellington NZ? Her husband's family are decendants of Barbara Stevenson.

Anne Rendall

William Stevenson

Anne Rendall (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Stevenson
I just realized I have further info on William and his family. Here it is: (I do hope this is the same William)

William Stevenson b. 27 Jan. 1802 in Westray
+ Ann Liddle b. Sept. 1825 in Westray

(parents Henry Liddle and Barbara Harcus)

Betsy b. 31 July 1828

Thomas Stevenson b 27 March 1830

Mary Swan Stevenson b 19 October 1831

Henry Stevenson b 6 October 1833

Stewart Stevenson (female) b 28 September 1843

William Stevenson b. 3 March 1847

Hope this helps

Westray Stevensons

Posted: 4 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 20 Aug 2004 6:04PM GMT
Surnames: STEVENSON, HEWISON
Ann
That would make us related by marriage as well.
Ann Traill Stevenson married Robert HEWISON who is my second great grand uncle. You just gave me some information, I didn't have.

Thanks

Westray Stevenson

John Henderson Stevenson (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Many thanks Anne for the information. I'm related to Stewart (male) who by my info is William's brother. The names you sent are definitley family names. Mary is mentioned in a local publication. Seator and Trill also appear in family names. Thanks again. Invaluable.

Stevens, Betsy

Posted: 18 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 May 2004 7:50PM GMT
Surnames: Stevenson
My 2nd ggrandfather, Joseph Primeau, who died in 1875, was married to Betsy Stevens. I have been unable to find any information about a Stevens surname during that time. I wonder if she is the Betsy Stevenson listed in your posting?
Do you have any information about Betsy Stevenson other than her birthdate? Thank you!

Re: Westray Stevenson's

korie mccarthy (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 2002 1:20PM GMT
i am also a descendant of william stevenson who arrived in new zealand inthe late 1800's. If you would like to swap any info please contact me.

Re: William Stevenson

korie (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 2002 1:23PM GMT
hi i am curious as to where you live. i live in australia and am related to all the people you have listed. i would love to share my info ans swap details.

John Stevenson (View posts)
Posted: 4 Aug 2002 10:18PM GMT
Now live in Wellington NZ. Look forward to touching base with you Korie.

Korie McCarthy (View posts)
Posted: 13 Aug 2002 12:28PM GMT
hi John,

i live in Queensland, Australia. If there is any info you are after or are missing please let me know i have extensive info on the Stevensons. i have read a couple of your other messages you have posted and we are definately related just not sure how yet. Thomas Traill Stevenson who married Elizabeth Scott is my 4 x great Grandfather. Look forward to hearing from you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic