Search for content in message boards

PATTERSON

PATTERSON

M. Stark (View posts)
Posted: 19 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: PATTERSON, STARK, HAIGHT, ARSENAULT
I'm researching my Patterson genealogy Pictou/Cumberland Co. areas of NS. The furthest I have is Walter PATTERSON who married Mary Elizabeth sometime before 1855. I am descended from their son George Walter (b.1955). I have been told that these Pattersons descend from John PATTERSON who arrived on the Hector, but I am missing a few crucial generations. If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated.

patterson

Posted: 26 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Feb 2002 1:26AM GMT
Surnames: patterson, gammon
i am researcing my patterson tree.grandfather leslie patterson died nov.11 1965 married gwen gammon?? about 1913 in pictou area.maybe a connection with a place named EURICA. only sib known walter. lived in halifax had 4 children marjorie,helen, roy and hugh.this is all i know of my dad's family (hugh) who died in 1983 any connections????

Re: PATTERSON

Posted: 26 May 2003 6:08PM GMT
Surnames: Patterson Lewis
Pattersons in Nova Scotia in 1800's

I am just starting to research the branch of my family who lived in Nova Scotia in the 1800s. According to family records, there was a Robert Patterson who married in 1805 and had at least 4 children, Mary (1806), John Lewis (1812), Robert (1814), and William Bennett(1816). I am descended from John Lewis Patterson, who moved to New Jersey. Does this match with any of your Pattersons?

Re: patterson

Posted: 26 May 2003 6:09PM GMT
Pattersons in Nova Scotia in 1800's

I am just starting to research the branch of my family who lived in Nova cotia in the 1800s. According to family records, there was a Robert Patterson who married in 1805 and had at least 4 children, Mary (1806), John Lewis (1812), Robert (1814), and William Bennett(1816). I am descended from John Lewis Patterson, who moved to New Jersey. Does this march with any of your Pattersons?

Posted: 27 May 2003 11:54AM GMT
Hi

I too am related to Patterson from Pictou Co. and Cumberland County, NS.
My husband, is also a Patterson, his relatives came from the Pictou area of Pictou Co., NS. I haven't done much on his side yet. That would be just too many Patterson to handle at once...hehe.
But I do know we both have a Robert Patterson and a few of the name you all mentioned.
My website is http://verapatterson.tripod.com for anyone who would like to take a look.

Vera

grant schneider (View posts)
Posted: 6 Mar 2004 5:48AM GMT
sounds like we have a common reletive.
my ancester on my mothers side came to canada on the betsy also known as the hope around 1765. she married robert patterson esq. a wealthy ship builder. her name was sara patterson.they raised their family in pictou county n.s.
a lot of our information came from a book written about pictou county called the new scottland. and an old family bible. we have several pictures of past generations.

Posted: 4 Apr 2006 5:26PM GMT
I am trying to find out about my Patterson family...my grandfather's grandfather was Eugene O. Patterson of Shulie, Cumberland County. Could there be any connection to any of your Patterson's?

Posted: 19 Nov 2009 7:28PM GMT
I am researching my grandmother Aldana Patterson 's Family ,parents ,
siblings and grandparents etc.
daughter of Joseph Patterson and Mary S McQuarter
from Cumberland Co NS and my aunt always said the name of the place was
River Hebert.or a little place called Shulie.
In the 1871 census she was age 3,her sister Laura was 7 and Ellen was 5.
I have Aldana's birth date as October 22,1869 in River Hebert NS,
She married my grandfather John Hourihan from
Millbrook NB,they were married in Sussex NB August 08,1894. and they had 14 children.She died November 9,1942 in Kings Co,NB
Any information on the Patterson and the James McQuarter families would be greatly appreciated.
I am the granddaughter of Aldana Patterson,great-granddaughter of Joseph Patterson.
I have a copy of the 1871 census of Cumberland County district #5 division 2 Family 106.
Mary S (McQuarter)Patterson's father is James McQuarter who would be my gggrandfather so any information on the The McQuarter family also would be appreciated.
James was born in Ireland approx 1798
Thank you Aldene Hourihan-Gionet 98 Stewart Ave Sussex NB E4E 2E8
aldenehourihan@rogers.com >

Posted: 19 Nov 2009 7:33PM GMT
Surnames: Patterson
I am researching my grandmother Aldana Patterson 's Family ,parents ,
siblings and grandparents etc.
daughter of Joseph Patterson and Mary S McQuarter
from Cumberland Co NS and my aunt always said the name of the place was
River Hebert.or a little place called Shulie.
In the 1871 census she was age 3,her sister Laura was 7 and Ellen was 5.
I have Aldana's birth date as October 22,1869 in River Hebert NS,
She married my grandfather John Hourihan from
Millbrook NB,they were married in Sussex NB August 08,1894. and they had 14 children.She died November 9,1942 in Kings Co,NB
Any information on the Patterson and the James McQuarter families would be greatly appreciated.
I am the granddaughter of Aldana Patterson,great-granddaughter of Joseph Patterson.
I have a copy of the 1871 census of Cumberland County district #5 division 2 Family 106.
Mary S (McQuarter)Patterson's father is James McQuarter who would be my gggrandfather so any information on the The McQuarter family also would be appreciated.
James was born in Ireland approx 1798
Thank you
aldenehourihan@rogers.com >

Posted: 1 Dec 2009 6:51PM GMT
Surnames: Patterson
Vera:
Please E-mail me I think we are connected as I was looking at your family tree.
Aldene
aldenehourihan@rogers.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic