Search for content in message boards

GREEN, TIPTON, EDDY, FLEMING

GREEN, TIPTON, EDDY, FLEMING

Penelope Repko (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jun 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, Fellow Rooters! Am tracking GREENS located in Forest Co, PA. Earliest known is James Green, who shows up in the 1800 census for Venango Co (Allegheny Twp). Family lore has it that James was "kidnapped" by a Prather family when James' mother left him in their keeping after a nasty storm in the Vermont area. When she came back to get him, she was told the Prather family had moved to the "Niagara frontier" and had taken her son along. James later moves to Brokenstraw Twp, Warren Co, where he shows up in the 1810 census, but returns to Venango Co, TIONESTA Twp (which later became Forest Co), in the 1820 census & there he remains until his death sometime after 1840. His children were: Robert Green, James Green (my line), Rebecca Green (Tipton), Thomas P Green, Sarah Green (Eddy), Mary Green (Tipton), Elizabeth Green (Fleming), & Joseph Green. The youngest son, Joseph Green, was killed in a steamboat collision; he was on the United States when the America collided with it on the Ohio River near Rayl's Landing, Indiana, during the night of 4 Dec 1868. He had accumulated considerable land holdings in Forest Co and his heirs were benefactors of his wise investments. Would love to hear from anyone tracking the same families.
Penelope Repko, Lebanon, OR

GREEN

Jackie Gregg (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Marian Green was born in Kelletville, Forest County, PA on June 10, 1873. She graduated from Clarion Teachers College. Her father's name was John J. Green and her mother was Anna Jacquins. She married Emanual O. Neal on Oct. 12, 1893 in Clarion, PA per marriage license #1577 registered at the Clarion County Courthouse. Marian was my Great Grandmother. This is all the information I have so far on the Greens. If you have a link to Marian's ancestors, I would appreciate any help.

GREEN, COLE, TAYLOR, BURTON

Dan Keth (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
My ggg-grandmother was Lucinda GREEN, married to Daniel COLE. All I know about them was that they were from Venango county and that Lucinda died in 1867, Daniel in 1880. They had children: Nelson, Clinton, James W. and possibly a couple others. Nelson lived at Nebraska, Forest county; Clinton lived in Ohio and Indiana; James W. (my gg-grandfather) married Ruth Ann BURTON and lived in Marienville. I don't know if or how Lucinda might fit into your Green family, but if you find out I would be interested in learning more.

Thanks.
- Dan Keth

GREEN's in Forest Co

Posted: 7 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: GREEN, TIPTON, EDDY, FLEMING, PRATHER
Thanks for the responses...I've moved from Oregon to Illinois, but am STILL tracking my Forest Co, PA, ancestors. To contact me by snailmail: Penelope Repko, RR 1, Box 30, Argenta, IL 62501

Nelson Cole & family

Posted: 15 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: COLE, ALLISON, GREEN, THORPE, SMITH, KLINESTIVER
Dan,

Would be interested in further information on Lucinda (GREEN) Cole & her husband Daniel COLE or their son Nelson, who married Emma Jane ALLISON on 24 Aug 1887. Nelson was a lumberman, born ~ 1848 in Clintonville, Clinton Twp, Venango Co. According to the 1910 census for Green Twp, Forest Co, PA, Nelson's dad, Daniel, was born in Ireland and his mom, Lucinda, was born in PA. They had 4 children, but I only know the names of 3: Beba, a teacher in the Warren school system; Ray, who had 3 daughters; and Anne, who married a THORPE and had 1 son, Richard.

Nelson Cole's wife, Emma "Emily" was the daughter of Frederick Essick ALLISON, my gg grandfather, and Barbara Ann (SMITH) Allison. My line descends from Cynthia Eleanor Allison who married James Knox GREEN. FE & Barbara Allison's other children were: Orlando Johnson (OJ) Allison, Susan Allison (KLINESTIVER), Irvine Allison.

Can not, at this time, connect Lucinda up to any of my Green's, but I'll keep working on it.
Penelope

John J Green & daughter Marian

Posted: 15 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: GREEN, NEAL, TAYLOR
Hi Jackie,

I have a John J GREEN, b 31 Dec 1848, and I believe he was Marian's dad. See what you think… According to his obituary, he lived in Tylersburg, Clarion Co; at McCray's Station, near Marienville, Forest Co; & at President, Venango Co, engaged in "mercantile pursuits". John died at his home in Martinsville or New Martinsville, WV, either July 1 or 3, 1910, depending on which obit you care to believe. He had been "engaged in work in the Oklahoma oil fields, and some weeks before his death took sick with a stomach trouble, returning to his home he continued to grow worse until death ended his sufferings". His obituary lists the following children: Mrs Marvin NEAL, Harriet E TAYLOR, Albert L Green, L Banks Green, and Georgia B Green. Your grandmother must be the Mrs Marvin Neal ?

My gg grandfather, James Knox Green, was John's brother. In James obit, John is listed as living in Illinois in 1907. I have more on John's family if you think we have a match.
Penelope

Marion Neal

Jackie Gregg (View posts)
Posted: 8 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Green, Neal
Hi Penelope,

I think we may have a connection. The Marvin is not correct but could just be a newspaper error. Marion's husband's name was Emanuel O. Neal.

What really is interesting is the sister of Marion's named Georgia B. Marion's daughter, my grandmother, name was Georgia Bernadine. I have always wondered where the Georgia came from.
I would definitely be interested in any other information you could provide. Please let me know if you can e-mail it or I could send you a self addressed stamped envelope if it is in print. This is one part of the family that I have only a little information.

New e-mail address

Posted: 11 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
As of January 11, please contact me at zibby@argenta.net.

Daniel Cole and wife Lucinda

Posted: 8 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: COLE, GREEN, SWALES
Dan,
New (and as yet unverified) information from a cousin about your Daniel and Lucinda COLE. Daniel Robert Cole was born in the County of Cork, Ireland, in 1811, and came to America when a young man. An older brother, James, sailed for America but was never heard from again, so was presumed to be "lost at sea." His parents and several sisters remained in Ireland.

Daniel married Lucinda GREEN, daughter of Ezekiel and Lucy SWALES Green. Lucinda was born in 1821, died in 1868, & was buried at Kellettville, Forest Co, PA. Daniel died in 1881 in Waterford, PA, and is buried there. Their children were: James Washington Cole, born 1846; Nelson Green Cole, born 1848, Sarah Ann Cole, born 1854; Clinton Perry Cole, born 1856; Edith Jane Cole, born 1858; and Addie Elizabeth Cole, born 1860.

Ezekiel GREEN was a soldier in the War of 1812 and is buried in the Whig Hill Cemetery in Forest Co, PA. Ezekiel and Lucy had the following children: James Green (no further information); Hiram Green, soldier in the Civil War, buried in Whig Hill Cemetery; Lucinda Green; and Adelia Green, married John Rhodes (no further information). Hope this helps--please keep me posted on your progress and we can continue to share notes!
Penelope

Newer e-mail address!

Posted: 23 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Have moved to Oregon, but STILL searching out my Forest County, PA, ancestors. Please contact me at this new e-mail address--thx! Penelope
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions