Search for content in message boards

VERMONT northeastkingdom KIMBALL'S

VERMONT northeastkingdom KIMBALL'S

Posted: 11 Feb 2000 7:06PM GMT
Edited: 15 Jul 2002 8:01PM GMT
Am looking for any and all information anyone can give me on KIMBALL's living in the northeast kingdom of Vermont. Particularly Orleans County. Have traced back to my great-grandfather Harrison but cannot find birth or death data on him. PLEASE HELP so I can finish this project before my father Everett Kimball passes on.

Harrison Kimball

Lynn Webster Rudmin Chong (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 2000 2:31PM GMT
P. 312 of THE HISTORY OF THE KIMBALL FAMILY IN AMERICA has the only Harrison listed in the book. Maybe he is your great-great grandfather. It has him born 28 July 1817 in Bradford, MA, at a place in East Bradford, actually, named Kimball's Corner. Harrison died 15 May 1852 in Milton, NH. He married in Milan, NH, Adaline Hutchings of Milton, NH, who died 11 Nov. 1873. He had one child, Fanny Woodbury Kimball, and died the day she was born, 15 July 1854, buried in Pine Hill cemetery, Dover, NH. Which makes me see that there were no offspring to produce your Harrison.

But! I am just looking at Vol. 31 No.1 of the Kimball Family Association's newsletter, CONNECTIONS. It reports two "mysteries" and one is about an Isaac Kimball line out of Cabot, Vermont. Bath, Nh and Danville, Vt are mentioned and Craftsburg (I wonder if that is Craftsbury now). The address of the Kimball Family Association is 14 Mansion Road, Kittery, ME 03904-5534. Judith Kimball is there. You might want to write to her. There is supposed to be a new, fuller book out soon.

ARe you related by any chance to Pete and Becky Buskey on my street in Rumney, NH?

chonglyn@coopresources.net

Harrison Kimball

Posted: 13 Feb 2000 4:04PM GMT
Edited: 17 Apr 2002 10:26PM GMT
I have never heard of a Harrison Kimball
I have heard plenty of stories of Isaac Kimball and his son John b 1767 Temple NH
There are s'pose to be 11 or 12 children and
John was the 3rd I can't find any other
names though....

The only connection to the Kimball's that I have found was Wenham Ma recently

I have Woodbury relatives in Wilton/New Boston and Milford NH I don't believe there
are any Buskey's Sorry

Thank you for the Kimball Family Assoc address I will contact them for info about the association

(I assume this Harrison Kimball message was
for me and not in response to someone else's
request)

I have been e-mailing a Katherine Webster
a kwebster@vermontel.net (I think you have
also) She has told me she is a distant relative thru the Billings family line She
told me that she descends from Thomas and I
descend from Richard and we both descend from
Richard I, Rattelsden (Rattleston) England
That is the first inkling I had of the ancestry from way way back!!!

Kathie

Any help?

Katja kimball (View posts)
Posted: 19 Feb 2000 5:05PM GMT
I don't know if this helps, but my Grandfather(Clinton Kenneth Kimball) and My father(Robert Wayne Kimball) are both from Vermont. Born and Raised. I'm not sure were my grandfather was born, but my father was born in Middlebury. If I can Help at all, Please let me know.

Re: VERMONT northeastkingdom KIMBALL'S

Posted: 11 Aug 2002 2:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Jun 2006 12:54AM GMT
Surnames: Kimball, Broome, Cleveland, Parrott
I have traced my family to Orleans County, Vt I have found Isaac Kimball m to Sarah ? he was a physician for many years in Coventry, Vt he was born in 1826 and died before 1900. He had a dauhgter Zelda m to Thomas Broome. These families lived in Charleston Vt in 1910. Please let me know if any of this is familiar. I do have more info
Shelly

Re: VERMONT northeastkingdom KIMBALL'S

Posted: 11 Aug 2002 5:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Apr 2003 4:30PM GMT
Surnames: Kimball, Dustin, Forrest/Forest
Dear Shelly,
If I'm not mistaken this is the Asa Kimball line which would have been distant cousins of my line, which started with Richard Kimball in Watertown, MA. My NEK Kimballs came from the Enfield, NH area with Jesse and Susan (Dustin) Kimball who lived and died in the Newark, VT area. If you have anything on this line of Kimballs it would be very much appreciated.
Sincerely,
Bonnie L. (Kimball) Domina
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions