Search for content in message boards

Pohl, St. Louis

Pohl, St. Louis

Posted: 26 Jul 2003 9:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Oct 2004 7:10PM GMT
Surnames: Pohl, Huhn
I am looking for anyone with a connection to or information about a POHL family in St. Louis.

Conrad Heinrich "Henry" POHL immigrated in 1854 to New Orleans. Census forms list his birthplace as Lippe Detmold. He was a tanner in St. Louis, Missouri. He married Marie Madalene "Helen" HUHN in 1856 and they had the following children between 1858 and 1874: Henry C., Marie Friederike, Louise Marie, Ernest C., Amelia E., and William C. There was another child that likely died as an infant. We know about the daughters, but not the sons.

The family lived in the northern part of St. Louis City and were members of Friedens Church.

Other names that would appear in this family tree would be MEYER, VOLLMER, ZESCH, BERNLITZ, JENNINGS, LEDFORD, DURAN, AUBUCHON, KRAFT, and BECKMANN.

Please contact me if you can help go forward or back on this family line. Click on my name above for my email address.

Re: Pohl, St. Louis

Virginia Prenger (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jul 2003 11:11PM GMT
What BECKMAN are you looking for?
I have BOKMANN/BOECKMAN/BOECKMANN; dating back to 1748 in Westenholz, Germany. My line emigrated in 1860; arrived in New Orleans in 1855; and settled in the St Elizabeth, Moller Co, Mo area. Maybe we can share information.

Posted: 31 Jul 2003 3:21PM GMT
Edited: 7 Oct 2004 7:10PM GMT
Sorry, the extent of my interest in BECKMANN is that a woman of that name married a POHL. I'm hoping someone from that part of the POHL family will find the message.

Ernest C. POHL married Jessie May BECKMANN in 1909. It was his second marriage.

Posted: 4 Oct 2010 7:18PM GMT
Surnames: Boeckmann ,Wellenkamp
I realize this is an old post, but here's hoping you get this.
My line of Boeckmann's came from Germany in 1839: Conrad and Clara Wellenkamp Boeckmann. Do you have any information on Conrad's family? Born about 1801 or 1808.
Thanks
Lelia Spain

Posted: 13 Oct 2010 3:12PM GMT
Surnames: BECKMAN, LAUFF, POHL
Might your tree include Elizabeth BECKMAN, b. 1857 in St Louis, marr. Conrad E LAUFF in 1882, and d. 1917 in St Louis? Their daughter Florence LAUFF marr. George Washington POHL. This is the line that I am researching.

Posted: 13 Oct 2010 6:07PM GMT
No I'm sorry, but I haven't seen any of those names in my "stuff".

Posted: 13 Oct 2010 6:11PM GMT
Thanks for checking!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic