Search for content in message boards

jesse vinson family....

jesse vinson family....

Darrow K. Little (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 2000 2:30PM GMT
jesse vinson born in n.c. ca 1720; md. to esther dawson, daughter of isaac dawson. issue: william, eliab, jesse jr., daniel, hetty (md to wm. stiles) and elizabeth (md to samuel glenn). jesse vinson died in elbert co., georgia, in 1801. jesse the son of thomas vinson of nc? any help truly appreciated. thanks! please e-mail to: darrow.little@gte.net

re: Jesse Vinson

Randa (Vinson) Walter (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 2000 9:01AM GMT
Hi Darrow-
We have a Thomas Vinson, the earliest member of that line of our family
we've found so far. Our Thomas, born about 1817, we believe in KY, married
Julia Elizabeth Stewart. She was born 1821, and died in 1897. She is buried
in Rowland Cemetary, Caldwell Co., KY. Julia and Thomas Vinson had four
children, all sons: Joshua Thomas Vinson, 1844-1902 (next in our line);
George Washington Vinson, 1845-1924; Daniel W. Vinson, 1845-1905; and
Charles C. Vinson, abt 1848-1918.

Would any of this part of our line match any of the folks from yours? We believe they
emigrated from England.
From the LDS files, I believe Julia Eliz. Stewart's father was Nicholas
Stewart of Nicholas KY, but I have no actual proof or documents of their
relationship.
Thank you in advance for any help.
Randa (Vinson) Walter

thomas vinson family....

Darrow K. Little (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 2000 10:29AM GMT
thanks for the message. sorry, i do not have anything re: ur thomas vinson in my files. the best thing i can be of help is to ask u to check the 1830 or 1840 kentucky census to find the parents of ur thomas vinson. or the 1850 census and work backwards to catch thomas vinson's parents. my vinson ancestors were from northampton co., north carolina. one william vinson came to adair county, kenztucky, prior to the 1790 census. no thomas vinson listed in the family. very good sources in kentucky research: census, land records, tax records, etc. good luck in ur family tree research in the new millennium. kind regards, darrow

Thomas Vinson

J.R.Vinson (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2000 5:02AM GMT
I have worked on the Vinson name for some time. I did run across Thomas Vinson he is my great great grandfather. If you think this is the one or my info may help please contact me. vinsonjr@oge.com

Vinson

J.R.Vinson (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2000 5:12AM GMT
My earlier reply on Thomas Vinson is much later than your inquiry. I think this is the same line of vinsons. I lost contact in Taladiga Co. Alabama if this is the same line please cantact me. vinsonjr@oge.com

Thomas Vinson

J.R.Vinson (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2000 5:20AM GMT
Do you have any current information on the Vinsons in the Thomas Vinson Line. I am trying to tie My grandfather George S Vinson and his father Thomas Huston Vinson to thier father. George was born around 1901 if you think there is a connection please contact me. Thank You, Richard Vinson vinsonjr@oge.com

Thomas Vinson

Posted: 10 Jun 2000 2:18PM GMT
Edited: 19 Sep 2001 9:21PM GMT
J.R.I have a Thomas Vinson in my Vinson family.He would be my g-uncle, his father was Nicklos Davis Vinson, mother was Melvina Hammond.Thomas was born 12-20-1879 born in Texas.Hope they are who you are looking for.If you have info. on other Vinson's please reply. Thank you Sue in Texas.

Jesse Vinson

Posted: 14 Jul 2000 7:38PM GMT
Edited: 19 May 2005 7:05PM GMT
Saw your message of Jan, 2000, in which you state one of Jesse and Esther's children was Daniel. I was wondering where you found this information as this may be my Daniel that I have been looking for. Thanks, Vicci

jesse vinson

harve perry (View posts)
Posted: 7 Nov 2000 2:55PM GMT
Jesse is our thomas's son also, but unfortunately my info runs out when yours does. Just found the message board and am new at this, but wondering if you found anything more on jesse

Re: Thomas Vinson

Posted: 2 Aug 2003 10:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
My gggrandfather was Thomas John Vinson. He was born November 3, 1827 in Senora, Edmonson County, Kentucky and died on October 29, 1900 in Kentucky. Could you give me any information on your Thomas Vinson? Could they be the same?

Thanks

Bobbye
per page

Find a board about a specific topic