Search for content in message boards

Asa, Fielding,Levi,Asa Jr

Asa, Fielding,Levi,Asa Jr

L Petro (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Blankenship
I am looking for information on Asa Blankenship and his children. Asa was born in Lunenburg Co Va in 1787. He married in Warren Co Ky in 1815 then sometime later he moved to Texas with his children. I am searching for information mostly on him and three of his son's "Fielding, Asa Jr and Levi".

ASA BLANKENSHIP & AMANDA S. JENT

Posted: 18 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Sep 2001 12:43AM GMT
Surnames: BLANENSHIP, JENT, ROARK, MEADOR
I have ASA BLANKENSHIP b: abt. 1844 married AMANDA JENT b: abt. 1851. He the son of JOHN BLANKENSHIP & SARAH ROARK, b: abt. 1798 & 1808, he the son of BARNET BLANKENSHIP & BARSHEBA MEADOR b: abt. 1770 & 1776. Could this family be related to yours? BARNET BLANKENSHIP is said to have been born in Franklin Co. VA.

Re: ASA BLANKENSHIP & AMANDA S. JENT

Posted: 29 Jul 2012 4:14AM GMT
Asa Blankenship and Amanda Jent are in my family. Are you still wanting to know about this couple?

Posted: 30 Jul 2012 10:13PM GMT
Hi: I was responding to L. Petro and after posting never heard back as far as I can remember. I believe the original posts were from 2000. I do have Asa & Amanda in my tree, Asa connects to my Roark family through his mother, Sarah Roark, and they are not my direct line. Asa Blankenship and Amanda Jent don't appear to connect with the Asa, Sr., Asa, Jr., or Fielding from the L. Petro post, unless Asa Sr. is a relative of our John Blankenship husband of Sarah Roark and father to Asa who married Amanda. If you believe I have anything of interest to you, please don't hesitate to ask. Allice Burns Reynolds

Posted: 13 Sep 2012 3:15AM GMT
Hi. I didn't check the site for a while. Asa Blankenship/Blankinship and Amanda S. Jent were the parents of my maternal great-grandmother Mary Etta "Etta" Blankenship who married ROBERT Washington Hale.
Robert and Mary Etta were the parents of my grandfather Sammie (not Samuel) Asa Hale.
Asa Blankenship/Blankinship's parents were John Blankenship and Sarah 'Sally' Roark. John Blankenship goes back to Barnette Blankenship/Barsheba Meador to Isham Blankenship/Sarah WIlkinson.
If you have any more info re: Hale, Blankenship, Roark, Gent.
Thanks!

Posted: 15 Nov 2012 2:40AM GMT
Edited: 15 Nov 2012 2:44AM GMT
Do you have DOB's for John and Sarah and where they are from? My Great Great Grandpa is Levi Blankenship (confederate soldier) and the son of Asa Blankenship and Elizabeth Houchins-Blankenship.

Posted: 15 Nov 2012 2:52AM GMT
I'm not certain they are my great great great great grandparents. Asa Blankenship who is my great great great grandpa, I believe was born in 1787

Posted: 15 Nov 2012 7:27PM GMT
Surnames: BLANKENSHIP, ROARK
Hi: Unfortunately I only have estimates for yrs. of birth John about 1798 Franklin Co. Va. died before 1871 unknown location. Sarah born about 1808 in Tennessee, no info on death at all. Sorry. Allice Burns Reynolds

Posted: 16 Nov 2012 2:33AM GMT
Thank You for your response, but this is not going to be grandparents. The Asa that is/was my grandfather was born in 1787.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions