Search for content in message boards

Looking for info re ERTIE BROWNING

Looking for info re ERTIE BROWNING

Posted: 3 Jan 2004 7:33AM GMT
My grandfather was ertie browning. Born in either late 1800 or early 1900 in the KY area or Ohio, Ind area I am guessing I know he had 3 brothers one being Lovin Browning married to Madie Browning. Ertie was married to a nancy had several children jackie, sydney, texie.

Re: Looking for info re ERTIE BROWNING

joseph Zimmerer (View posts)
Posted: 10 Aug 2006 10:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Ertie Browning was born in Brownsville Ky, Edmonson county, early 1900s. He was married at leat 4 times.
I married in the family of one of his brothers. Arthur Lovin Browning, other brothers were Bertie and John Clarence, John Clarence kill in action invasion of North Africa, WWII. One sister Lucile.

Re: Looking for info re ERTIE BROWNING

Posted: 1 Feb 2010 8:48PM GMT
Ertie Browning was my grandfather, too. My father, Sidney Ray (who went by just Ray) never told me too much about him.

My Father (b. October 28th, 1936) served in the Air Force Reserves during the Korean Conflict, then settled in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, working briefly at odd jobs before committing himself as a carpenter. He was married twice and had four sons (Robert, Peter & Gabe from his first marriage to a woman named Loretta, and then myself from his later marriage to Dianne Jeanette Searing).

He passed away on Sunday, May 28th, 2000, of a heart attack.

I know you were looking for information on Ertie, not his son, but I hope this all interested you regardless.

I can remember a plane trip to Kentucky when I was very young to see my grandmother, Nancy, who was in a wheelchair when I met her. I remember also flying (driving?) down for her funeral. That was back in the 80's or early 90's and I'm only 25 today, so those memories get real mixed up. I did do some research though, and learned that Nancy's father was a Dolphus W. Musick, which is one of the coolest names I've ever heard.

Regards,
James Harrison Browning

PS: Just remembered a couple things. I met Jackie at my Father's funeral. She bears a pretty strong resemblance to my father (her brother Sidney). It was nice meeting her. She's lived in various parts of the South, Mississippi being one place that I recall her mentioning. Texie I do believe I met, as well. She was living with her husband and their three children pretty much in the woods, in a trailer. (This is going back at least 15 years, though.) Texie was considerably younger than my dad, who was only her half-brother.

Ertie, 1906-1980, s/o Henry Rice BROWING & Leona WYSONG

Posted: 18 May 2010 8:04AM GMT
Surnames: BROWNING, WYSONG, VINCENT, GROSS, MUSICK, HOLLAND

Ertie BROWING, 1906-1980, was the son of Henry Rice BROWING & Leona WYSONG. Henry Rice BROWNING and his parents were born in Tennessee. Leona's father was born in West Virginia.

Ertie BROWNING married first to Elsie VINCENT on 9 Sept 1927, in Edmonson Co., KY. They had one child, Willie Lee "Bill" BROWNING who married Lidy Mae GROSS in 1952. Ertie and Lidy divorced.

Ertie's second marriage was to Nancy MUSICK who was previously married to Elmer VINCENT and Dewey HOLLAND.

If you would like more detailed information, please drop me an email and I would be pleased to share information with you.

Bill Vincent
WmRVincent(at)aol(dot)com

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions