Search for content in message boards

Is there a Trail of Tears list with names?ISO Rices/Inmans

Is there a Trail of Tears list with names?ISO Rices/Inmans

Posted: 9 Aug 2000 1:16AM GMT
Edited: 28 Jul 2004 1:17AM GMT
Is there a list that I could access online or a hardcopy list or book giving names of those who died or survived the Trail of Tears?

Looking for John Madison Rice/Mary D.Inman and William Morgan Inman/Elma Cramer Burgess.
Gre....Grandparents!! Or would it would be their parents too I suppose!! They and their descendants settled in Kentucky, Arkansas, Missouri and Illinois, probably some in Oklahoma also. I have other inquiries on the Rice message board and also Inman board that gives more of the genealogy lines. Hope someone might recognize a name or has an old story. TK

History of the Rice family of Native Americans

Posted: 9 Apr 2001 9:54AM GMT
Edited: 19 Nov 2001 8:24PM GMT
Dear Trudy, in 1702 Timothy and Silas Rice were captured by Mohawks(Iroquois) Indians when very young boys. Timothy grew to be a great war chief with many descendents. Over time, a couple of my Indian friends told me, The Rices spilled over into the Shawnee who spelled/pronounced it "Reese". The info about your ancestor being Cherokee is no surprise, because the Cherokee are an Iroquoin linguistic nation. My part in all this is my g-g-g-grandmother's name was Mary Rice, and her portrait couldn't look more Indian. She married a "disowned" Quaker named George Rinard. I always just assumed she was Mohawk, because the Quakers came to the aid of the decemated peoples of central PA after Sullivan's Massacre. She just as well might have been Cherokee! Please share anything you may have to help me with my puzzle.Rinard>Forney>Harrigan(O'Horgan)>Schmidt>Bauer(Me!).

Re: History of the Rice family of Native Americans

Posted: 17 Oct 2001 5:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rice
Gary,
I am the great-great-great-great-granddaughter of Simon Rice b. 1804 . He married Susan Kirker and was in Butler County, PA in 1828 when they had son, William Rice.
I have been at a dead end with Simon. I cannot find out anything about his parents. There are several other Rice families in the area, but none that I can connect with my Simon.
I recently met some of William Rice's great-grandchildren. They told me that they were told many times that the Rices were of Indian descendant.
They had met one of William's daughters when they were young and remembers her having jet black hair.
Do you know what part of PA these descendants settled? William moved from Butler County to Jefferson County, PA by 1850, and they rest of the family moved to the state of Indiana.
Any help you could give me would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Paula

Posted: 6 May 2002 8:35PM GMT
Edited: 17 Jun 2002 3:42PM GMT
Surnames: RICE, WILLIAMS
Gary,

Hello. My name is Michael Mainwold and I'm related to Thomas Thorakwaneken Williams who married Marie-Anne Konwatewentaton Rice. I thought after reading your forum posting in 2001 you might like to have this info I've found on the Mohawk Rices brothers, Silas and Timothy.

Direct Descendants of Edmund Rice

1 Edmund Rice
... +Ruth Parker
. 2 Silas (Jacques Tannahahorens) Rice b: April 10, 1695 in Sudbury, Massachusetts d: May 16, 1779 in Kahnawake Indian Mission, Quebec
......+Marie Tsiakohawi
.... 3 Thomas Atonwa Aronhiowonen Rice b: Abt. 1739 in Kahnawake Indian Mission, Quebec d: 1792 ......... +Marguerite Tekakwitha?
....... 4 Marie-Anne Konwatewentaton Rice b: in Kahnawake Indian Mission, Quebec
+Thomas Thorakwaneken Williams, m. 1779

. 2 Timothy Rice b: September 15, 1697 in Marlborough, Middlesex Co, MA

+ Catherine Osennehawe

Eunice "The Unredeemded Captive" Williams (1696-1786) was my first cousin 8x removed. She and her husband Francois Xavior Arosen were the grandparents of Thomas Thorakwaneken Williams.

I you wish to reach me directly on this matter, my email ID is: mainwold@yahoo.com

Best regards,

Michael

pam rice (View posts)
Posted: 7 May 2002 8:29PM GMT
Edited: 8 May 2002 12:33PM GMT
Surnames: RICE, BRYANT, WEAVER
I HAVE BEEN TOLD THERE ARE NATIVE AMERICANS IN MY RICE LINE HOW EVER I AM UNABLE TO TRACE ANY FURTHER THAN MY GREAT GRANDFATHER NELSON T.RICE, A GREAT UNCLE CAM RICE ( WAS A DOCTOR) A GREAT UNCLE NELSON T. RICE. MY FATHER AND GRANDFATHER COULD PASS AS FULL I AM NOT SURE , BUT I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT THEY ARE CHEROKEE, SINCE THE AREA OF CHEROKEE, IN LAWERENCE CO KY WAS KNOWN FOR THE CHEROKEE TRIBES THERE, I DO KNOW THAT MY 2 GREAT GRANDMOTHER MARY WEAVER BRYANT WAS FULL BLOODED CHEROKEE. MY FRIEND WHO IS A APACHE MEDICINE MAN IS RESEARCHING THE NATIVE AMERICAN SCROLLS FOR ME...
THANKS FOR ANY HELP...
PAM RICE

Posted: 9 May 2002 4:23AM GMT
Edited: 12 Jul 2003 1:22PM GMT
Surnames: RICE
Hello Pam,
This is the website that has a picture of a Nelson T. Rice as a drummer boy in the civil war. You probably already have seen it, but I thought I would send it anyway.
Brian Rick.
http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Quarters/1365/photo.html

pam rice (View posts)
Posted: 9 May 2002 12:47PM GMT
Edited: 9 May 2002 1:49PM GMT
Surnames: RICE, CHURCH
brian,

thank you so much for that website, my 3rd great grandfather william church was also a civil war veteran, 51st va infantry. i will try to that info on elias rice asap. for you.

pam rice-

Posted: 26 Jun 2012 5:40PM GMT
I have a James Rice or maybe Reece/Reese in my family tree. Do you know of this name. I do not have dates of birth or death for him Can not find a thing about him. I also have a Mary Bryant in family tree. Do your marry a Samuel Dark? Please let me know either way. Thank you
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions