Search for content in message boards

Eleazar Smith, Fairfield, NJ d. c. 1754

Eleazar Smith, Fairfield, NJ d. c. 1754

Sarah Tarpine-Smith (View posts)
Posted: 26 Nov 1999 12:57PM GMT
Seeking information on Eleazar Smith, carpenter, died Fairfield NJ 1754, parent of 5 children. One married to a Mahue (Mayhew). Wife, Mary, subsequently married a Bateman and an Ogden. Believe he came to NJ with the Bateman's, Ogden's and Westcoat's. Probably Presbyterian as only known church in the area is Old Stone Church and his son is buried there. Son married Vashti Elmer. Believe he moved from Fairfield NE or nearby town.

Smiths in New Jersey

Posted: 26 Dec 1999 10:18AM GMT
Edited: 1 Aug 2001 1:42AM GMT
What else do you know of this Eleazer Smith? so you know his children or brothers' children? I am looking for a Jacob Smith who lived in Madison, NJ around 1850's. He had married a Jane Dougherty, had at least three daughters, Mary, Sarah, and another daughter who married a Barnes.

Eleazer Smith of Cumberland Co., NJ

Posted: 24 May 2000 4:43AM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2001 12:44AM GMT
I don't know if this adds anything to your knowledge of the Eleazer Smith family but I will post it anyway. Let me know if you are aware of more children or who Abigail Smith married.
From Cumberland Co., NJ Genealogical Data by H. Stanley Craig:
OGDEN, Mary of Fairfield, w. (will) March 14, 1763; Pr. Apr. 9, 1763. Children: Eleazer Smith, Martha Elmer, Rebecca, Sarah and Abigail Smith, Mary Banks, Esther Mayhew and Elizabeth Smith.
RWBaker@prodigy.net

Re: Eleazar Smith, Fairfield, NJ d. c. 1754 - ANy DNA TESTING?

Posted: 6 Mar 2012 7:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Smith, Mills
Has any SMITH's of this line done any DNA testing.

Which of the many branches of the Greater SMITH Tree, does Eleazer, this one, belong?

I note that the ELMER girls are related to one another, who both married SMITH's.

One might venture a theory, since they are related, the

SMITH men, would also be so.

Patricia
cw

But then again, my MILLS have tripped over other MILLS lines, in their travels to the future.

Which by DNA testing, a MILLS did marry a SMITH, and that was in ca 1750s.

My brother, present day, 1960s mrried a SMITH girl.

Just for trivia.

Re: Eleazar Smith, Fairfield, NJ d. c. 1754 - ANy DNA TESTING?

Posted: 14 Aug 2013 11:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
have direct male descendant dna for Abner Smith, b 1814, NJ.

Not sure of birth county; marriage in Warren County
per page

Find a board about a specific topic