Search for content in message boards

Davis family of Somerset

Davis family of Somerset

Posted: 20 Jan 2003 4:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Davis
I am also doing research on a George Davis, b. bef. 1759, in Weston, Somerset, England. He married Martha, and they had a son Robert Davis, born either 1784 or 1794. I think George's parents may have been Basil and Ruth Davis, since there was a George Davis born in Somerset to Basil and Ruth in 1748. There was also a Basil Davis resident in Evercreech Parish, Somerset in 1786 at the age of 86. Do you, by any chance, have more information on the Davis's of that era?

Re: Davis family of Somerset

Posted: 2 Oct 2010 9:19PM GMT
Hi, I note that you have an interest in the Davis family of Somerset. My interest is in a Robert DAVIS, born abt. 1787 and married a Julia GUPPY, on the 7th September, 1810, please let me know if this connects with any of your family research, thanks in anticipation, kind regards, Maurice HAMSON,

Posted: 11 Nov 2010 9:49AM GMT
Surnames: Davis, Guppy, Pitman
Hi Maurice,

I found your interest in Robert Davis (Somerset)and Julia Guppy (Dorset) m1810,
I am also interested in this line. Robert and Julia had a daughter Elizabeth (their youngest I think) who married a Pitman (Somerset). This is my line, where do you stem from. Maybe we can compare notes.I look forward to hearing from you in anticipation.
Regards
Katie

Posted: 11 Nov 2010 6:19PM GMT
Hi Katie, Thanks for your email in connection with the Davis family of Somerset. My interest is in the son of Robert namely John DAVIS, born 4th November 1810, who married a Frances Kirby HODDER 25th December 1845, their daughter Emily Ann Davis married a John PEACH of Somerset, which is my line of research. If I can be of any further help, please let me know, kind regards from 'down under' Nelson, New Zealand, Maurice HAMSON...

Posted: 12 Nov 2010 8:37AM GMT
Hi again Maurice, How exciting to meet you. I guess we are real distant cousins and of all things we both live in NZ and we never knew. I live in the Waikato in a small town called Ngatea not far from Thames or the Coromandel Peninsula.

my email address is genekate@xtra.co.nz maybe we could exchange info via emails instead of thru this web site.

I hadn't got the marriage for John so thank you for that.
he was born in Broadwinsor, Dorset, am I correct. Oops and I gave you the wrong info (I was doing it off my head) Elizabeth was the 5th child to Robert and Julia. She was born 08/04/1821 in Corscombe and married John Pitman 25/12/1843 in North Perrott, Somerset.They had 4 children. Unfortunatly he died 20/12/1850 in Beaminster and was buried in Misterton. Elizabeth went on to marry a John Cheetham 27/04/1857 in Misterton and had 2 more children to him. I think John Cheetham had been married before and had children to his first wife. Elizabeth had a sad life and died 22/11/1864 Crewkerne. She was a lace maker by trade.
Anyway, I am not sure what info you have so wont bore you with more. If I can help please let me know.
Regards to you too and look forward to hearing from you again.
Katie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions