Search for content in message boards

Seeking any information.

Seeking any information.

Michael Kinnane (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kinnane, Sullivan
Seeking any information concerning (G.G.) Patrick Kinnane born 1822 in County Clare, died 1906 Kalamazoo, MI.U.S.A. Married in 1858(G.GM.)Mary Sullivan (b.1833-d.1916)resided in the Kalamazoo area and parents of: James H., John, Mary, Ellen, Frank, Jennie L., Katie, Thomas, Charles E.(Grandfather).

Fran Kinnane (View posts)
Posted: 29 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Kinnane
Danielle, thankyou for the response. I tried to send you an e-mail however it was returned due to the address having a fatal error.

Fran Kinnane (View posts)

Kinnanes

Danielle (View posts)
Edited: 24 Jul 2006 12:31AM GMT
Surnames: Kinnane, Stack, Kinnear Kennare,
Kinnane and perhaps Kinnear ancestors came from Co Clare to Australia 1850s. Love to exchange info with searchers of same.

holland

mary holland (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT

Response to your query

Danielle (View posts)
Posted: 10 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Kinnane, Holland
Hi Mary,

Sorry if I have already replied to you and that your query was so long ago....!!

The name Holland fits in with the Kinnanes like this:

My grandmother was Dorothy Kinnane (maiden name). Her parents were Theresa (Tessa) Holland and John? Kinnane. Theresa's parents were Peter Holland (from Carrickmacross, Co Cavan, Ireland) and Johanna Guidera (Co Tipperary). Peter Holland and his brother George sailed out to South Australia in about 1849. They had met the 2 sisters, Johanna and Margaret Guidera on board ship, and married them after settling in Australia!
According to family legend, George and Peter Holland were the grandsons of Sir Redmond/Edmond Holland of Co Cavan. How he came about the "Sir" we have no idea!

Hope this might be of some help to you Mary. And if not, at least some interest.

All the best,
Danielle
South Australia

Re: Kinnanes

Molly Reid (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 2001 6:34AM GMT
Surnames: O'
Danniele
What part of Australia?
My GGrandmother had a brother Daniel who came to Maryborough Queensland mid to late 1800's,any connection.

Molly Reid (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 2001 6:38AM GMT
Surnames: O'Loughlan Comyn's
Danniele
What part of Australia?
My GGrandmother had a brother Daniel who came to Maryborough Queensland mid to late 1800's, also possibly a another brother Michael went to America, any connection.

Posted: 1 Jan 2013 12:33AM GMT
Surnames: KENNA, KINNA, KINNANE, MEEHAN
Hi Danielle, my Great Great Great Grandfather was Austin KINNANE who was born in County Clare, in the Kilkeshen parish to John KINNANE, a stonemason, and mother Honor.

Austin immigrated with the Bounty scheme with wife Margaret MEEHAN in 1837 and sons John and Patrick. John died at sea. Had a 3 further children in NSW, another of which died in 1839. Around 1856 they moved to Gippsland where Austin died in 1864.

The surname KINNANE ended up as KINNA or KENNA. Our branch of tree pronounced KINNA with a long a, other branches pronounced it with a short a as in KENNA.

Shirlee
Wellington, NZ
per page

Find a board about a specific topic