DURANSO (Louis) 1823- 1899

DURANSO (Louis) 1823- 1899

Posted: 17 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 8 Jul 2001 7:27PM GMT
Surnames: DURANCEAU, DURANSO, HARRIS
Louis DURANSO Obit taken from the Stevens Point Daily Journal - Dec 7, 1899

LOUIS DURANSO MEETS DEATH WITH A FATAL ACCIDENT

A dispatch from Mosinee says that Louis DURANSO, a man nearly 80 years of age, who lives a few miles from Dancy, was accidentally killed near the railroad station at that place on Tuesday evening. He had been there during the day and sold a team, for which he received $150. About 6 o'clock in the evening he started for the depot and this is the last that is positively known of his movements until his dead body was found lying by the railroad track by some to the Desert Lumber company's employees when returning from their work at about 6:30 o'clock. An examination showed that there were two holes or wounds in DURANSO's head and his neck was broken.

At first it was currently reported that the money he had received for his team was gone, leading to the presumption that a murder for the sake of robbery had been committed. This report, however, was erroneous, as the money was found in his pocket. A coroner's inquest was held today and a verdict of accidental death was rendered.

Editor's note: Louis DURANSO was born about 1822 in Quebec, Canada. He married Josephte MONMILLION in Chateauguay, Quebec on Feb 1, 1848 and settled first in Fond du Lac Co, WI and later in Portage Co, WI and had a family of twelve children. He was the son of Louis and Marie Anne HARRIS DURANCEAU.

From the Stevens Point State Journal, Dec 12, 1899

THE MOSINEE MYSTERY

Further Investigation to Be Made in the DURANCEAU Affair.

The article published in yesterday's Daily Record in regard to the DURANCEAU matter at Mosinee, created a sensation in this city, where the real facts were not fully known.

A son of DURANCEAU was in the city yesterday, having come here for the purpose of having the case re opened. He takes no stock in the coroner's verdict of accidental death. He has no doubt but what his father was brutally murdered by someone who knew that he had sold his team and had $150 in money on his person. DURANCEAU junior believes in the robbery theory and says this was the general impression previous to the inquest and still is in the vicinity where the facts are all known.

That the money was not taken from the dead man's body is not strange, for those who found him when they searched his clothes could not find the money, nor was it found until the son arrived and found a secret pocket in which the old man had hidden the roll of currency. The son maintains that if those who searched the clothes at leisure could not find the money, there is nothing strange, if he was knocked down by a blow, that his murderer, in his haste to get away, should not be able to locate the money.

Another significant fact is that when DURANCEAU started to cross the bridge he was carrying with him quite a large bundle of clothing which he had purchased that day. No trace of this clothing has since been found. What has become of it? If it had been dropped on the way, a not very likely presumption, someone would have found it, and the fact that this bundle has disappeared lends color to the murder theory.

Again,it would have been morally impossible for DURANCEAU to have fallen and to have thus received the wounds that produced death. There is also another peculiar feature to the affair. When the dead man was found, his coat and vest were both unbuttoned. This is the more suspicious from the fact that had DURANCEAU have fallen and hit his head, as claimed by the "accidental death" theorists, it would have been morally impossible for him to have opened his clothing after falling.

The son states that the old gentleman was always particularly careful about buttoning up both coat and vest, and is certain that his father never crossed the bridge with his clothing unfastened.

Others scout the "accidental death" theory and also the murder theory and claim that on the night of DURANCEAU's death he passed a point in the road where some men were blasting. Computing from the time the man left the GORMAN house, the time when the body was found, its condition at the time of the finding, these people advance the theory that DURANCEAU was passing along the road, where the blasting was being carried on and had reached the spot just as a particularly heavy blast was fired. They incline to the opinion that he was struck on the head by fragments of the flying rock and that his death is due in measure to the negligence of those who fired the blast. This theory finds many backers, but does not account for the disappearance of the bundle of clothing.

In response to the dissatisfaction caused by the verdict already rendered, it is not improbable that Coroner DICKENS will reopen the case and cause a searching investigation to be made, one that will set at rest all doubts as to the causes that resulted in DURANCEAU's death. The people of this county want the facts and public opinion will be the coroner in setting at rest the many rumors now afloat.

It is stated that DURANCEAU's body was taken to Portage County for burial and if this proves to be the case certain complications may arise that may cause some slight delay.

Coroner DICKENS, when interviewed by a Daily Record reporter today, stated that he had heard substantially the same story as published in yesterday's Record and had determined that it was his duty to see that a further examination of the causes was prosecuted.

Taken from the Wausau Newspaper, Dec 13, 1899

LOUIS DURANCEAU

Will Exhume the Body

The DURANCEAU mystery at Mosinee will not down. The demand for the a thorough and complete investigation as to the causes that lead to deceased's death are being demanded more generally each day, and this Coroner DICKENS realizes, but he does not wish to begin the matter until the district attorney can be present. It is understood today that relatives of deceased will make a formal demand for a further investigation and that they are in possession of considerable evidence that has not as yet been made public, but will be when the examination is made. It is also understood that a demand will be made for the exhumation of the body, in order that a post mortem examination may be made. This will be done for the purpose of fully determining the nature of deceased's wounds.

It is thought that the district attorney will arrive home tonight, and if he does so it is probable that the preliminary steps be for reopening the case will be taken tomorrow.

Taken from the Wausau Daily Record, Dec 14, 1899

Says it was accidental: One of the jrors who acted at the DURANCEAU inquest

One of the jurors who acted at the inquest held on the remains of the late Louis DURANCEAU / DURANSO, send the following letter for publication, and as he entirely knocks out the theory in regard to the blasting, but makes it more evident that DURANSO may have been murdered, even though his property was not taken, for it would be utterly impossible for a man standing on his feet to fall in the way claimed with sufficient force to cause death. The letter is appended:

Mosinee, WI: Dec 13, 1899, Editor Daily Record.

Dear Sir: Will you please give space in your paper for a true version of the proceedings had at the inquest upon the finding of the body of Louis DURANSO, late of Eau Pleine. Your readers for the last few days have been regaled with a lot of sensational slush with a fragrant perversion of the facts.

Hardly anything in Tuesday's paper is exact except the fact that the deceased was found dead. Perhaps if your reporters were to be correctly informed they might take more stock in the accidental death verdict. The facts are that Tuesday evening, Dec 5th, Louis DURANSO was found dead near the railroad track not far from the falls bridge and about 30 feet from the switch light near the planing mill of Joseph DESSERT Lbr Co. At an inquest held at the scene of the accident, at which witnesses and jurors were duly subpoenaed and impaneled and all due examinations and investigations made it was adduced that at about 5:45pm Louis DURANSO was met on the bridge going eastward. At6:30 pm he was found about 150 feet south of the East end of the bridge dead with a scalp wound on the upper and front part of his head a about the roots of the hair. It was also shown by testimony that the man was staggering along like one drunk when last seen alive. When found a package containing two shirts was at the side of the body, and which were preserved and sent home with the body the next day.

Upon searching the body to ascertain if it was probable murder and robbery the purses containing the unfortunate man's money were most readily found in the pockets of his pants, and immediately counted in presence of bystanders.

So the cock and bull story about the secret pocket known only to the young DURANSO counts for nothing in the minds of the many who know about the finding of the money on the person of the deceased. When the enterprising son arrived next day he received the roll of currency through the cashier's window of Joseph HOMIERr's bank. To those persons who investigated the matter it did seem possible that the deceased could have received the scalp wound by striking his head on the edge of the tie. In regard to the blasting of rock the last blast was set off fully one hour before DURSANSO crossed the bridge.

Believing that the people of the county want the facts in this case and not their distortion nor hair raising stories of cold blooded murder is just what actuates the write to communicate this article.

George F ROBICHEAU, a juror

Taken from the Stevens Point Newspaper, Dec 20, 1899
Louis DURANSO / DURANCEAU

Investigation Not Wanted

The DURANSO mystery at Mosinee remains as much a mystery as ever, and the fact that such a howl has been sent up because a further investigation was asked, does not tend to disprove the theory that DURANSO met with foul play.

It is no reflection on the officers who conducted the inquest, to ask for a further investigation as it has on one or two previous occasions in the history of this world been demonstrated that men have made mistakes.

It seems almost incredible that DURANSO, who had often been in Mosinee, should mistake the road to the depot, and still more incredible that a man could, while walking on a road fall in such a manner as to produce a fracture of the skull and break his neck.

One gentleman who has given the matter considerable study, states that in his opinion one of the ties flew up and in attempting to dodge this projectile, the deceased gave his head such a sudden jerk as to break his neck. This is the most plausible of the "accidental" theories yet advanced and as it does not make any difference to DURANSO now, it might be as well to accept this one.

Re: DURANSO (Lewis Chester)

Angie Duranso Garcia (View posts)
Posted: 11 Aug 2005 8:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Aug 2005 7:45PM GMT
Surnames: Duranso
I'm not sure if this is the right area to ask a question but since my father passed, I didn't get the chance to ask much about his ancestors. if anyone can give me any info I would greatly appreciate it or at least tell me where I can find it. My grandfathers name was Lewis Chester Duranso. My father (Benjamin Russell Duranso) told me that his father changed the spelling to "duranso" because it was shorter. I know he was canadian but they lived in Michigan (Saginaw area). He married a woman named Ann who was polish but born in america. I know there were 3 boys, one passed at the age of 17 in a car accident.
Does anyone know who my grandfather was or where his family came from?

Re: DURANSO

Sue Long (View posts)
Posted: 12 Aug 2005 4:39PM GMT
Edited: 17 Aug 2005 7:46PM GMT
Angie; I have Duranso/ceau that came from Quebec, from Chateauguay region, just outside of Montreal. There were other pockets of them in the province as well; I am pretty sure all directly related. I know there was a branch that went to Saginaw, also areas of Maine and Massachuesetts and I am starting to compile info to find the connection. Would like to keep in touch w you and any others that may respond to your message. I just returned from Chateauguay/Montreal < 1wk ago and did much research there, and am now trying to organize the families.
You can email me offline at sue@wekan.com. Sue

Pat Moseler Shanks (View posts)
Posted: 13 Aug 2005 3:55AM GMT
Edited: 17 Aug 2005 7:47PM GMT
Surnames: Duranso, Duranceau
Angie,

I have a lot of information for you regarding Duranso/Duranceau's. They shortened the name to Duranso as the "Registrar of Deeds" heard it. The family came from Chateauguay, near Montreal and some of them settled near Wausau, Marathon County, Wisconsin and some went to Michigan. I have traced this family back to France to the 1500's. I did this tracing when I received the chart of my great grandfather, Ferdinand Duranso back in 1978 from a wonderful genealogist from an archivist in Quebec City.

I stood in "Old Quebec City" two years ago in front of the plaque of the "Fille du Roi" (daughters of the King) and I was in awe. King Louis IV sent the young woment to "New France" to start the "settlement" and we have three of these women in our lineage.

I only do postings of queries and obituaries and do not put my valuable information on the Internet, so if you are interested in my information email me at PMoseSh@aol.com.

Posted: 17 Aug 2005 8:25PM GMT
Classification: Census
There is not much on this surname - so most is posted below except where noted:

WI Births, 1820-1907
Name Birth Date County Reel Record
Duranso 22 Jul 1886 Lincoln 0111 000975
Angline R Duranso 19 Feb 1907 Marathon 0131 002092
Clair J Duranso 16 Jun 1902 Vilas D0007 016578
Dorthy E Duranso 09 Oct 1902 Lincoln 0112 002075
Earl R Duranso 14 Apr 1894 Portage 0240 000935
Esther F Duranso 14 Mar 1900 Lincoln 0112 001359
Gertrude M Duranso 01 Dec 1891 Portage 0240 000364
Lawrence S Duranso 15 Jan 1905 Portage D0007 017052
Lottie C Duranso 06 Feb 1894 Portage 0240 000764
Nettie M Duranso 13 Aug 1890 Marathon 0125 002300

WI Marriages, pre-1907
Name Marriage Date County
Emma B Duranso 28 Jul 1902 Ashland
Francis G Duranso 09 Oct 1906 Marathon
Henry Duranso 07 Dec 1897 Marathon
Henry Duranso 16 Nov 1890 Lincoln
John B Duranso 14 Jul 1893 Portage
Lois B Duranso 99 Sep 1899 Portage
Louis Duranso 22 Apr 1899 Lincoln
Marshall Duranso 17 Aug 1907 Marathon
Nattie Duranso 21 May 1907 Iron
Peter Duranso 16 Jan 1907 Marathon
William Duranso 99 Nov 1894 Portage

WI Marriages, 1973-1997 - 36 hits - not published here

WI Deaths, 1820-1907
Name Death Date County Volume Reel
Joseph Duranso 10 Mar 1905 Marathon 03 054

1850 United States Federal Census
Name Home in 1850 Estimated Birth Year Birth Place
Alex Duranso - , Natchitoches, LA abt 1822 LA
Caroline Duranso - , Natchitoches, LA abt 1790 LA
Paulimaire Duranso - , Natchitoches, LA abt 1828 LA
Pierre Duranso - , Natchitoches, LA abt 1815 LA

1860 United States Federal Census
Name Home in 1860 Age in 1860 Estimated Birth Year Birthplace Gender
Louis Duranso Fond Du Lac Ward 4, Fond du Lac, WI 31 1828 Canada Male
Josetta Duranso Fond Du Lac Ward 4, Fond du Lac, WI 32 1827 Canada Female
Rosa Duranso Fond Du Lac Ward 4, Fond du Lac, WI 12 1847 WI Female
Evan Duranso Fond Du Lac Ward 4, Fond du Lac, WI 9 1850 WI Male
Louis Duranso Fond Du Lac Ward 4, Fond du Lac, WI 8 1851 WI Male
Delia Duranso Fond Du Lac Ward 4, Fond du Lac, WI 6 1853 WI Female
Amelia N Duranso Fond Du Lac Ward 4, Fond du Lac, WI 4 1855 WI Female
Francis Duranso Fond Du Lac Ward 4, Fond du Lac, WI 2 1857 WI Male

1880 United States Federal Census
Name Parents or spouse Home in 1880 Est. Birth Year Birthplace Relation
Joseph Duranso Ellen Duranso Hamtramck, Wayne, MI <1834> Canada Self
Ellen Duranso Joseph Duranso Hamtramck, Wayne, MI <1840> NY Wife
Charles Duranso Joseph & Ellen Duranso Hamtramck, Wayne, MI <1863> Canada Son
Rodolph Duranso Joseph & Ellen Duranso Hamtramck, Wayne, MI <1867> MI Son
Caroline Duranso Joseph & Ellen Duranso Hamtramck, Wayne, MI <1873> MI Daughter
Alferd Duranso Joseph & Ellen Duranso Hamtramck, Wayne, MI <1875> MI Son
Stanly Duranso Joseph & Ellen Duranso Hamtramck, Wayne, MI <1877> MI Son
Flora Duranso Joseph & Ellen Duranso Hamtramck, Wayne, MI <1879> MI Daughter

1900 United States Federal Census
Name Home in 1900 Estimated Birth Year Birthplace Race Relation to Head-of-house
A L Duranso Saginaw Ward 10, Saginaw, MI abt 1851 Canada French White Head
Addie Duranso Dewey, Portage, WI abt 1870 WI White Wife
Annie Duranso Township 1, Maricopa, AZ Territory abt 1880 NJ White Wife
Archie Duranso Eau Pleine, Portage, WI abt 1897 WI White Son
Berra Duranso Saginaw Ward 10, Saginaw, MI abt 1890 MI White Daughter
Bertha Duranso Township 1, Maricopa, AZ Territory abt 1899 WI White Daughter
Carie Duranso Eau Pleine, Portage, WI abt 1871 Canada French White Wife
Caroline Duranso Saginaw Ward 10, Saginaw, MI abt 1855 Canada French White Wife
Celia Duranso Merrill, Lincoln, WI abt 1855 Canada French White Wife
Daniel Duranso Tomahawk, Lincoln, WI abt 1900 WI White Son
Della Duranso Dewey, Portage, WI abt 1896 WI White Daughter
Donadane Duranso El Llano del Coyote, Mora, NM abt 1858 New Mexico White Wife
Donald Duranso Brooklyn Ward 24, Kings, NY abt 1900 NY White Son
Dorothy Duranso Rock Falls, Lincoln, WI abt 1900 WI White Daughter
Earl Duranso Dewey, Portage, WI abt 1894 WI White Son
Edgar S Duranso Saginaw Ward 10, Saginaw, MI abt 1882 MI White Son
Eliza Duranso Brooklyn Ward 24, Kings, NY abt 1874 NY White Wife
Ellen Duranso Tomahawk, Lincoln, WI abt 1866 Canada White Wife
Ferdinand Duranso Rock Falls, Lincoln, WI abt 1862 Canada French White Head
Flora Duranso Saginaw Ward 10, Saginaw, MI abt 1887 MI White Daughter
Frank Duranso Tomahawk, Lincoln, WI abt 1887 WI White Son
George Duranso Merrill, Lincoln, WI abt 1885 WI White Son
Grant Duranso Tomahawk, Lincoln, WI abt 1862 WI White Head
Gustav Duranso Eau Pleine, Portage, WI abt 1892 WI White Daughter
Harrold Duranso Rock Falls, Lincoln, WI abt 1891 WI White Son
Henry Duranso Saginaw Ward 10, Saginaw, MI abt 1892 MI White Son
Henry Duranso Merrill, Lincoln, WI abt 1850 Canada French White Head
Henry Duranso Merrill, Lincoln, WI abt 1872 WI White Son
John Duranso Saginaw Ward 10, Saginaw, MI abt 1879 Canada French White Son
John Duranso Dewey, Portage, WI abt 1869 WI White Head
Johnson Duranso Merrill, Lincoln, WI abt 1881 WI White Joseph Duranso Merrill, Lincoln, WI abt 1880 WI White Son
Josephine Duranso Eau Pleine, Portage, WI abt 1827 Canada French White Mother
Juan ignoa Duranso El Llano del Coyote, Mora, New Mexico abt 1849 New Mexico White Head
Julia Duranso Rock Falls, Lincoln, WI abt 1869 Maryland White Wife
Laura Duranso Merrill, Lincoln, WI abt 1891 WI White Daughter
Lawrence Duranso Tomahawk, Lincoln, WI abt 1897 WI White Son
Lillie Duranso Merrill, Lincoln, WI abt 1895 WI White Daughter
Lottie Duranso Eau Pleine, Portage, WI abt 1894 WI White Daughter
Louisa Duranso Merrill, Lincoln, WI abt 1889 WI White Daughter
Mabel Duranso Tomahawk, Lincoln, WI abt 1891 WI White Daughter
Marnie Duranso Merrill, Lincoln, WI abt 1850 Canada French White Head
Martha Duranso Township 1, Maricopa, Arizona Territory abt 1896 WI White Daughter
Matilda Duranso Merrill, Lincoln, WI abt 1855 Canada French White Wife
Nettie Duranso Rock Falls, Lincoln, WI abt 1890 WI White Daughter
Northorep Duranso Brooklyn Ward 24, Kings, NY abt 1869 NY White Head
Pearl Duranso Rock Falls, Lincoln, WI abt 1894 WI White Daughter
Richard Duranso Tomahawk, Lincoln, WI abt 1888 WI White Son
Roy Duranso Eau Pleine, Portage, WI abt 1900 WI White Son
Ruby Duranso Rock Falls, Lincoln, WI abt 1896 WI White Daughter
Samuel Duranso Eau Pleine, Portage, WI abt 1867 WI White Head
Simeon Duranso Merrill, Lincoln, WI abt 1893 WI White Son
Willam Duranso Township 1, Maricopa, Arizona Territory abt 1871 WI White Head

1910 United States Federal Census
Name Home in 1910 Estimated Birth Year Birthplace Race Gender
Abel Duranso 13-Wd Saginaw, Saginaw, MI abt 1851 White Male
Edward Duranso 13-Wd Saginaw, Saginaw, MI abt 1882 Michigan White Male
Ferdinand Duranso Presque Isle, Vilas, WI abt 1862 White Male
Francis G Duranso 3-Wd Everett, Snohomish, WA abt 1886 WI White Male
Frank Duranso 3-Wd Tomahawk, Lincoln, WI abt 1859 WI White Male
Frank Duranso Presque Isle, Vilas, WI abt 1846 White Male
Henry Duranso Piehl, Oneida, WI abt 1865 WI White Male
John Duranso 1-Wd Mellen, Ashland, WI abt 1842 White Male
Lottie C Duranso 3-Wd Merrill, Lincoln, WI abt 1893 WI White Female
Louis C Duranso Merrill, Lincoln, WI abt 1877 WI White Male
Marshall Duranso 3-Wd Tomahawk, Lincoln, WI abt 1884 WI White Male
Marshall Duranso Eau Pleine Twp, Portage, WI abt 1866 WI White Male
Peter Duranso 8-Wd Wausau, Marathon, WI abt 1886 WI White Male
Samuel H Duranso 7-Wd Merrill, Lincoln, WI abt 1867 WI White Male

1920 United States Federal Census
Name Home in 1920 Estimated Birth Year Birthplace Race
Duranso, Alexander Corning, Steuben, NY abt 1899 Italy White
Duranso, Annie Chicago, Cook, Illinois abt 1880 New Jersey White
Duranso, Beulas B South Williams, Columbus, North Carolina abt 1910 North Carolina White
Duranso, Dan Merrill, Lincoln, WI abt 1883 WI White
Duranso, Dan L Camp Grant, Winnebago, Illinois abt 1896 WI White
Duranso, Darrell Chicago, Cook, Illinois abt 1912 WI White
Duranso, Ealy Anacortes, Skagit, Washington abt 1895 WI White
Duranso, Francis G Tomahawk, Lincoln, WI abt 1886 WI White
Duranso, Frank Great Barrington, Berkshire, Massachusetts abt 1880 Massachusetts White
Duranso, Frank Tomahawk, Lincoln, WI abt 1869 WI White
Duranso, Frank Wausau, Marathon, WI abt 1846 Canada White
Duranso, Helen Chicago, Cook, Illinois abt 1910 WI White
Duranso, Joe Merrill, Lincoln, WI abt 1877 WI White
Duranso, John Saginaw, Saginaw, Michigan abt 1879 Canada White
Duranso, John B Anacortes, Skagit, Washington abt 1870 WI White
Duranso, Jone Duranes, Bernalillo, New Mexico abt 1858 New Mexico White
Duranso, Joseph Maple Falls, Whatcom, Washington abt 1857 Canada White
Duranso, Leslie District 14, Lincoln, Wyoming abt 1898 Michigan White
Duranso, Luigi Corning, Steuben, NY abt 1865 Italy White
Duranso, Marshall Wausau, Marathon, WI abt 1889 WI White
Duranso, Mary Manhattan, New York, NY abt 1854 Italy White
Duranso, Pere?? Grand Haven, Ottawa, Michigan abt 1887 Michigan White
Duranso, Peter D Laona, Forest, WI abt 1888 WI White
Duranso, Raymond Wausau, Marathon, WI abt 1858 ?? White
Duranso, Richard Tomahawk, Lincoln, WI Nova Scotia White
Duranso, Sam Schofield, Marathon, WI abt 1868 WI White
Duranso, Walter J Bradford, McKean, Pennsylvania abt 1887 WI White

1930 United States Federal Census (82 hits - portage county only)
Name Family Members Home in 1930 Estimated Birth Year Birthplace Relation
Marshall Duranso Eau Pleine, Portage, WI abt 1866 WI Head
Claud J Duranso Eau Pleine, Portage, WI abt 1907 Son
Edward Duranso Stevens Point, Portage, WI abt 1901 WI Lodger
Thos M Duranso Chrystal M Duranso Stevens Point, Portage, WI abt 1903 WI Head
Chrystal M Duranso Thos M Duranso Stevens Point, Portage, WI abt 1905 Wife
Janis Duranso Thos M & Chrystal M Duranso Stevens Point, Portage, WI abt 1927 Daughter

Wisconsin Land Records
Name Land Office Total Acres Issue Date
MARCAL DURANSO WAUSAU 160 May 16, 1892
HENRY DURANSO WAUSAU 40 December 01, 1898

World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918
Name Birth Date Race Birthplace Registration Place
John Duranso 10 Jun 1878 White Saginaw, Saginaw, MI
Josesph Duranso 14 Sep 1876 White Saginaw, Saginaw, MI
Earle Reynolds Duranso 14 Apr 1894 Caucasian WI USA - , Skagit, WA
Peter David Duranso Feb 1886 White - , Forest, WI
Francis George Duranso 19 Jun 1885 White - , Lincoln, WI
George Duranso 25 Apr 1885 White - , Lincoln, WI
John Duranso 16 Oct 1880 White - , Lincoln, WI
Lawrence Edward Duranso 13 Aug 1896 WI USA - , Lincoln, WI
Louis Charlie Duranso 16 Dec 1876 White - , Lincoln, WI
Frank Dexter Duranso 6 Jan 1888 Caucasian WI USA - , Marathon, WI

California Birth Index, 1905-1995
Name Birth Date Gender Mother's Maiden Name Birth County
Melissa A Burckhartt 16 Jun 1956 Female Duranso Monterey
Jeffrey A Charity 27 Oct 1971 Male Duranso Orange
Christopher James Duranso 12 Jan 1993 Male Hutchins Los Angeles
Donald E Duranso 19 Oct 1964 Male Armstron Santa Clara
James R Duranso 14 Dec 1967 Male Armstron Santa Clara
Michael James Duranso 12 Jan 1993 Male Hutchins Los Angeles
James R Montgomery 9 Apr 1967 Male Duranso Orange
Stephen M Montgomery 21 Dec 1963 Male Duranso Orange
Shakoda C Neil 30 May 1974 Male Duranso Orange
Danielle Kay Zuzula 13 Dec 1985 Female Duranso San Luis Obispo

California Death Index, 1940-1997
Name Death Date Death Place Gender Birth Date Birthplace Mother's Maiden Name
DURANSO, DONALD J 29 Aug 1972 ORANGE MALE 14 Jan 1921 MI
GAEDTKE, JAMES W 28 Apr 1994 SAN DIEGO MALE 15 May 1915 WI DURANSO
HIDDEN, CAROLYN M 26 Aug 1962 SAN DIEGO FEMALE 6 Oct 1886 SOUTH DAKOTA DURANSO
LUTKE, JACK WINFIELD 24 Jun 1989 SANTA CLARA MALE 7 Jul 1923 WI DURANSO

Florida Death Index, 1936-1998
Name Death Date County of Death Age at Death Race Gender Birth Date Save This
Lloyd Edward Duranso Jul 1967 Manatee White Male

Indiana Marriages, 1845-1920
Name Spouse Name Marriage Date County
Anna Duranso Daniel Schwarz 10 Sep 1919 Lake

MI Deaths, 1971-1996
Name Birth Date Death Date Gender Residence
Edith N DURANSO 04 March 1919 21 May 1991 Female Bridgeport, Saginaw, MI
Robert DURANSO 02 March 1937 07 November 1991 Male Saginaw, Saginaw, MI
Nellie DURANSO 03 April 02 20 February 80 Female Saginaw, Saginaw, MI
Gerald W DURANSO SR 07 October 39 06 January 80 Male Albee, Saginaw, MI
Gertrude A DURANSO 23 January 06 20 July 76 Female Northfield, Washtenaw, MI
Joseph S DURANSO 10 February 12 17 August 74 Male Bridgeport, Saginaw, MI
Howard E DURANSO 13 November 14 14 September 85 Male Saginaw, Saginaw, MI

Minnesota Death Index, 1908-2002
EARL A GAEDTKE b 01/01/1900 d 08/02/1972 at HENNEPIN State File Nr 020454 Mother's Maiden Name: DURANSO

North Carolina Deaths, 1970-74
Name Place of Death Place of Residence Institution Death Date Gender Age
LEO DURANSO Winston-Salem, Forsyth Winston-Salem, Forsyth Home February 09 , 1972 Male 79 Years
VIRGINIA DURANSO Winston-Salem, Forsyth Forsyth Other Institutions November 30 , 1972 Female 70 Years

SSDI
Name Birth Date Death Date Last Residence
Alice Duranso 25 Oct 1910 4 Sep 2000 Stevens Point, Portage, WI
Anna Duranso 23 Feb 1886 Jan 1975 Wausau, Marathon, WI
Annette L. Duranso 17 Jul 1927 1 Feb 1989 Madison, Dane, WI
Benjamin D. Duranso 19 Apr 1950 16 Jul 1997
Caren Duranso 24 Feb 1959 15 Dec 1998 Midland, Midland, MI
Crystal Duranso 8 Dec 1904 Nov 1971 Stevens Point, Portage, WI
Darrell L. Duranso 13 Mar 1910 4 May 2000 Seattle, King, WA
Donald Duranso 14 Jan 1921 Aug 1972
Earl Duranso 2 Oct 1905 Apr 1982 Woodruff, Oneida, WI
Edith Duranso 4 Mar 1919 21 May 1991
Edward Duranso 6 Apr 1900 Nov 1959
Elizabeth Duranso 31 Jul 1913 4 Jan 1999 Surprise, Maricopa, Arizona
Ella K. Duranso 6 Aug 1910 26 Aug 1988 Westby, Vernon, WI
George E. Duranso 21 Apr 1925 30 Aug 1999 Anaheim, Orange, California
George Duranso 25 Apr 1885 Feb 1966 Minocqua, Oneida, WI
Gerald Duranso 7 Oct 1939 Jan 1980 Saginaw, Saginaw, MI
Gertrude Duranso 23 Jan 1906 Jul 1976 Saline, Washtenaw, MI
Harold Duranso 6 Nov 1892 Sep 1967 Moose Pass, Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
Howard Duranso 13 Nov 1914 Sep 1985 Saginaw, Saginaw, MI
James J. Duranso 16 Nov 1941 9 May 2005 Elsie, Clinton, MI
James L. Duranso 28 Feb 1927 5 Mar 2003 Hope, Midland, MI
Jeffrey Duranso 16 Aug 1954 Sep 1973
John Duranso 23 Feb 1943 11 Apr 2002 Saginaw, Saginaw, MI
John Duranso 27 Oct 1939 Jun 1987
Joseph Duranso 10 Feb 1912 Aug 1974 Bridgeport, Saginaw, MI
Kenneth R. Duranso 4 Mar 1930 27 Feb 1999 King, Waupaca, WI
Laurence Duranso 13 Aug 1896 Sep 1962
Lawrence Duranso 15 Jan 1905 Mar 1978 Stevens Point, Portage, WI
Leo Duranso 2 Jun 1890 Feb 1972 Winston Salem, Forsyth, North Carolina
Lloyd Duranso 27 Mar 1902 Aug 1967 Bradenton, Manatee, Florida
Marshall Duranso 20 Nov 1883 Jun 1983 Wausau, Marathon, WI
Mary E. Duranso 19 Feb 1920 6 Nov 2002 Santa Ana, Orange, California
Mildred Duranso 21 Mar 1915 29 Aug 1999 Saginaw, Saginaw, MI
Nellie Duranso 3 Apr 1902 Feb 1980 Saginaw, Saginaw, MI
Orville J. Duranso 14 Mar 1912 1 Oct 1996 Wausau, Marathon, WI
Robert Duranso 2 Mar 1937 Nov 1991
Rose Duranso 9 Apr 1912 Feb 1986 Winchester, WI
Simeon Duranso 29 Apr 1893 Dec 1967 Green Bay, Brown, WI
Stella Duranso 2 Dec 1902 Jul 1986 Hurley, Iron, WI
Thomas Duranso 15 Aug 1902 Jun 1956
Virginia Duranso 20 Dec 1902 Nov 1972 Walkertown, Forsyth, NC

Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997
Name Birth Date Gender Birth County Father's Name Mother's Name
Natalie Elizabeth Duranso 3 Dec 1995 Female Denton John Donald Duranso Janet Louise Taylor

WA State Birth Index 1907-19
Parent: Earl Duranso Name: Duranso Duranso Location: Skagit Parent: Orfa Ratliff Birth Date: 16 Apr 1916 Sex: F Race: W

Parent: William Duranso Name: Darrell Leslie Duranso Location: Whatcom Parent: Annie Mc Closkey Birth Date: 13 Jan 1910 Sex: M Race: W

Parent: Henry Isadore Valiquette Name: Joseph Raymond Valiquette Location: Spokane City Parent: Angie Duranso Birth Date: 01 Oct 1916 Sex: M Race: W

check Stevens Point Area Obituary Index http://library.uwsp.edu/Obits
check cemetery records at: http://library.uwsp.edu/cemetery/
check census records at: http://library.uwsp.edu/census/

Check the Portage County Historical Society http://www.pchswi.org/index.htm

Check Portage County Courthouse: http://www.co.portage.wi.us/

Check UW-St Point Archives
http://library.uwsp.edu/depts/gen/genealog.htm#ARCHIVES

Recent obits can be obtained from WI Newpapers On-line - http://www.wisinfo.com/

I am not related to nor have any additional information on these surnames. If there is a question of error in this transcription, please consult the original documents.
R/S MAK http://www.rootsweb.com/~wiportag

Re: DURANCEAU

Posted: 17 Aug 2005 8:42PM GMT
Surnames: Duranceau
Only vital records from WI posted here - many other states noted: BC, England, CA, FL, ME, MN, MI, MT, NC, OH, WA, TX

Wisconsin Births, 1820-1907
Name Birth Date County Reel Record
Joseph Duranceau 08 Mar 1890 Marathon 0127 000299 Raymond F Duranceau 11 Dec 1899 Portage 0240 002677
Samuel Duranceau 19 Apr 1901 Portage 0241 000711

Wisconsin Marriages, pre-1907
Name Marriage Date County
Rosalia Duranceau 25 Oct 1906 Marathon

1860 United States Federal Census
Name Home in 1860 Age in 1860 Estimated Birth Year Birthplace Gender
Lewis Duranceau Norwich, Franklin, OH 40 1819 Canada Male
Dorratha Duranceau Norwich, Franklin, OH 30 1829 Canada Female

1900 United States Federal Census
Name Home in 1900 Estimated Birth Year Birthplace Race Relation to Head-of-house
Ada Duranceau Texas, Marathon, WI abt 1863 WI White Wife
Adolph Duranceau Township 10, Lewis and Clark, Montana abt 1893 Montana White Inmate
Archie Duranceau Texas, Marathon, WI abt 1896 WI White Son
Charles Duranceau Norwich, Franklin, OH abt 1864 OH White Head
Danial Duranceau Texas, Marathon, WI abt 1883 WI White Son
Elizebeth Duranceau Detroit Ward 12, Wayne, MI abt 1873 MI White Boarder
Frank Duranceau Texas, Marathon, WI abt 1888 WI White Son
Harrie Duranceau Texas, Marathon, WI abt 1884 WI White Son
Jacob Duranceau Texas, Marathon, WI abt 1856 Canada French White Head
Joseph Duranceau Detroit Ward 12, Wayne, MI abt 1873 MI White Boarder
Kate R Duranceau Norwich, Franklin, OH abt 1866 IA White Wife
Leona Duranceau Texas, Marathon, WI abt 1899 WI White Daughter
Leonard Duranceau Texas, Marathon, WI abt 1886 WI White Son
Louis R Duranceau Norwich, Franklin, OH abt 1894 OH White Son
Nora Duranceau Texas, Marathon, WI abt 1881 WI White Daughter
Peter Duranceau Manhattin, Gallatin, Montana abt 1870 Canada English White Servant
Ralph Duranceau Texas, Marathon, WI abt 1893 WI White Son
Rosalie Duranceau Texas, Marathon, WI abt 1890 WI White Daughter
Stanley Duranceau USFS Brooklyn, US Naval Forces, Military and Naval Forces abt 1878 MI White Ord Seaman
Zednon Duranceau Fitchburg Ward 1, Worcester, Massachusetts abt 1872 Canada French White Boarder

1910 United States Federal Census
Name Home in 1910 Estimated Birth Year Birthplace Race Gender
Adrian Duranceau Escanaba Twp, Delta, MI abt 1854 White Female
Amab Jr Duranceau Masonville Twp, Delta, MI abt 1878 White Male
Chas Duranceau Norwich Twp, Franklin, OH abt 1864 OH White Male
Danial Duranceau Merrill, Lincoln, WI abt 1883 WI White Male
Dona Duranceau 2-Wd Escanaba, Delta, MI abt 1875 MI White Male
E R Duranceau 3-Wd Alpena, Alpena, MI abt 1868 MI White Male
Isabel Duranceau 1-Wd Detroit, Wayne, MI abt 1874 White Female
Joseph C Duranceau 13-Wd Chicago, Cook, IL abt 1872 MI White Male
Julia Duranceau 2-Wd Escanaba, Delta, MI abt 1877 MI White Female
Lea Duranceau 1-Wd Escanaba, Delta, MI abt 1891 MI White Female
Louis Duranceau 1-Wd Blaine, Whatcom, WA abt 1853 WI White Male
Peter Duranceau 2-Wd Detroit, Wayne, MI abt 1882 MI White Male
Peter Duranceau W Chehalem Pct, Yamhill, OR abt 1870 White Male
William Duranceau 1-Wd Blaine, Whatcom, WA abt 1871 WI White Male

1920 United States Federal Census
Name Home in 1920 Estimated Birth Year Birthplace Race
Duranceau, Adrian Cornell, Delta, MI abt 1853 Canada White
Duranceau, Arkie Weston, Marathon, WI abt 1897 WI White
Duranceau, Charles Detroit, Wayne, MI abt 1862 Canada White
Duranceau, Charley Cornell, Delta, MI abt 1885 MI White
Duranceau, Chester Anacortes, Skagit, Washington abt 1891 WI White
Duranceau, Dona Coblenz, Germany, Military and Naval Forces abt 1889 MI White
Duranceau, Edmund Alpena, Alpena, MI abt 1867 MI White
Duranceau, Estell Texas, Marathon, WI abt 1864 WI White
Duranceau, James Montgomery, Montgomery, Alabama abt 1917 Alabama White
Duranceau, John Kansas City, Jackson, Missouri abt 1886 Mexico White
Duranceau, Joseph Chicago, Cook, Illinois ?? White
Duranceau, Lenard E Wausau, Marathon, WI abt 1917 WI White
Duranceau, Louis Blaine, Whatcom, Washington abt 1855 WI White
Duranceau, Mal Masonville, Delta, MI abt 1846 Canada White
Duranceau, Peter Detroit, Wayne, MI abt 1888 MI White
Duranceau, Peter Manhattan, Gallatin, Montana abt 1870 Canada White
Duranceau, Stanley Alpena, Alpena, MI abt 1877 MI White

1930 United States Federal Census (77 hits - WI only)
Name Family Members Home in 1930 Estimated Birth Year Birthplace Relation
Angelyn Duranceau Northern Colony and Training School, Chippewa, WI abt 1907 WI Employee
Leonard Duranceau Mary Duranceau Brokaw, Marathon, WI abt 1886 WI Head
Mary Duranceau Leonard Duranceau Brokaw, Marathon, WI abt 1890 Wife
Bernice Duranceau Leonard Duranceau, Mary Duranceau Brokaw, Marathon, WI abt 1913 Daughter
Frank Duranceau Myrtle Duranceau Brokaw, Marathon, WI abt 1888 WI Head
Myrtle Duranceau Frank Duranceau Brokaw, Marathon, WI abt 1897 Wife
Ione Duranceau Frank Duranceau, Myrtle Duranceau Brokaw, Marathon, WI abt 1929 Daughter
Daniel Duranceau Minnie Duranceau Brokaw, Marathon, WI abt 1883 WI Head
Minnie Duranceau Daniel Duranceau Brokaw, Marathon, WI abt 1886 Wife
Lester Duranceau Daniel Duranceau, Minnie Duranceau Brokaw, Marathon, WI abt 1910 Son
Norman Duranceau Daniel Duranceau,
Minnie Duranceau Brokaw, Marathon, WI abt 1912 Son
Gordon Duranceau Daniel Duranceau, Minnie Duranceau Brokaw, Marathon, WI abt 1914 Son
Harold Duranceau Daniel Duranceau, Minnie Duranceau Brokaw, Marathon, WI abt 1920 Son
Laura Duranceau Daniel Duranceau, Minnie Duranceau Brokaw, Marathon, WI abt 1921 Daughter
Arthur Duranceau Dorthy Duranceau Brokaw, Marathon, WI abt 1908 WI Head
Dorthy Duranceau Arthur Duranceau Brokaw, Marathon, WI abt 1910 Wife
Maragart Duranceau Arthur Duranceau, Dorthy Duranceau Brokaw, Marathon, WI abt 1928 Daughter
Arthur Duranceau Arthur Duranceau, Dorthy Duranceau Brokaw, Marathon, WI abt 1926 Son
Archie E Duranceau Johanna Duranceau Mosinee, Marathon, WI abt 1896 WI Head
Johanna Duranceau Archie E Duranceau Mosinee, Marathon, WI abt 1898 Wife
Harry A Duranceau Archie E Duranceau, Johanna Duranceau Mosinee, Marathon, WI abt 1922 Son
Evelyn Duranceau Archie E Duranceau, Johanna Duranceau Mosinee, Marathon, WI abt 1924 Daughter
Sherley Duranceau Archie E Duranceau, Johanna Duranceau Mosinee, Marathon, WI abt 1926 Daughter
William Duranceau Autha Duranceau Wausau, Marathon, WI abt 1903 WI Head
Autha Duranceau William Duranceau Wausau, Marathon, WI abt 1903 Wife

check Stevens Point Area Obituary Index http://library.uwsp.edu/Obits
check cemetery records at: http://library.uwsp.edu/cemetery/
check census records at: http://library.uwsp.edu/census/

Check the Portage County Historical Society http://www.pchswi.org/index.htm

Check Portage County Courthouse: http://www.co.portage.wi.us/

Check UW-St Point Archives
http://library.uwsp.edu/depts/gen/genealog.htm#ARCHIVES

Recent obits can be obtained from WI Newpapers On-line - http://www.wisinfo.com/

I am not related to nor have any additional information on these surnames. If there is a question of error in this transcription, please consult the original documents.
R/S MAK http://www.rootsweb.com/~wiportag

Posted: 19 Aug 2005 5:51PM GMT
Surnames: Duranso/Moseler
Hi Marcia, This is Pat Moselear Shanks, Teresa's sister. I have been on her computer for a few days and I just want to thank you for all the Duranso information you have just posted. You are awesome! Thanks. Pat - email PMoseSh@aol.com

Re: DURANSE (Louis & Josephine)

D. Resnick (View posts)
Posted: 6 Oct 2005 6:20PM GMT
Edited: 7 Oct 2005 5:48AM GMT
Surnames: Duranse
I also think they spelled thier name Duranse, on the
1880 United States Census for Eau Pleine, Portage, WI
Page 56A, Louis & Josephine Duranse with family.

Re: DURANSO (Lewis Chester)

Posted: 23 Apr 2010 1:17AM GMT
HEY,
LEWIS DURANSO WAS MY DAD'S BROTHER...I KNEW HIM QUITE WELL...HE LIVED WITH US OFF AND ON CONTACT ME IF YOU WISH..218 276 2048
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions