Search for content in message boards

How do I find info on my German Grandparents, etc.?

How do I find info on my German Grandparents, etc.?

Posted: 25 Mar 2010 1:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HOSER, HAAS, SCHOLBLE
My father, Karl Hoser, came to the USA in 1927 aboard the SS Deutschland. Most of his life and family prior to that is a mystery to me. When he made a return trip to Augsburg in 1967 he had to gather paperwork to apply for a US passport. So I do have a copy of his birth record stamped from "Standesamt Oberhausen Bayern" that tells me he was born 17 July 1904 in Oberhausen to Georg and Franziska Hoser, both Catholic and residents of Oberhausen. I have the German funeral cards for Georg showing dates of b. 5 Dit(?) 1863 in Herbertshofen(?), d. 5 Nov 1936 in Augsburg. I believe Franziska (maiden name Haas) died in Augsburg in 1942. I think their children were George, Fritz, Joseph and Karl. Joseph also came to the US and I know of his family here. There was a previous daughter born to Franziska and a Johann Scholble, named Magdalena Scholble. "Lena" also came to the US and I know of her family here. Would Fritz have been a Friedrich? If so, then he was b. 4 Apr 1901 in Buhl b. (?)unzburg and d. 2 Jan 1947 in Augsburg. How do I go about finding any further information on the family members that stayed in Germany (burial sites, anything) or their predecessors? Thank you to anyone that can point me in a next step for my research.
Heidi

Re: How do I find info on my German Grandparents, etc.?

Posted: 22 Apr 2010 5:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello Heidi,
Fritz is another name for Friedrich, a short version. His birth village is Bühl bei Günzburg. The church books for Herbertshofen, Oberhausen and a lot of church books from the Augsburg area are available at LDS. You can search there. Georg is the only one who stayed in Germany, is that right? And you want to know what happens to him? Do you have a birth date or any other information to him?
Margarete
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions