Search for content in message boards

CODY's of Warren Co. GA

CODY's of Warren Co. GA

Posted: 9 Jun 2009 5:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CODY, EVANS, THOMAS, DICKEY
Is anyone aware of a blood relationship between the CODY's of Warren County, GA & the THOMAS and/or EVANS families of Richmond County, GA? (Time period 1858-1861)

Specifically, I am seeking information on Ann E. THOMAS EVANS of Richmond (Father - Joseph Thomas) who married James Madison DICKEY in 1859.

Thanks,

OGR

Re: CODY's of Warren Co. GA

Posted: 6 Mar 2010 10:50PM GMT
There was only one Cody that I know in Richmond County, Georgia from the family in Warren County, Georgia. I would also say that there were probably more of the family that moved into the Richmond County, area. John Cody b. 1819 in Warren County, Georgia died in abt. 1839 in Richmond County, Georgia. If he had a family, and most likely did, I have no record of this family. Where does the Cody come into your family line?
Paul Wright
w1937@bellsouth.net

Posted: 7 Mar 2010 12:57AM GMT
Surnames: CODY, DAWSON, DORSEY
Hi Paul! Very nice to hear from you ~ it's been awhile!:-)

I do believe after all these years, I have found my Catie's owner -- Madison Derrelle CODY (the Warren Co. Rep for the Confederacy). I have much of the discovery process posted to my OGR blog (http://ourgeorgiaroots.com/?p=920).

I now need to return to the archives to dig deeper into the letters/docs the GA Archives have on film. I had read them [quickly] before, of course this was before I realized the connection to my Catie.

Thanks,

Luckie/Mechie

Posted: 2 Mar 2013 5:21AM GMT
i was reading through your posts and noticed some names mentioned were in my family cemetery in Warren GA
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions