Reimer/Rimer/Rymer Family

Phyllis Knisely (View posts)
Posted: 23 May 2002 12:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Reimer, Rimer, Rymer, Vandermark
Seeking info on a Daniel Reimer/Rimer/Rymer and wife
Catherine (Vandermark). They migrated to Franklin County
in 1812 from Lucerne Co., PA. Daniel is listed on the 1830
Ohio Census in Madison Township, Franklin Co., Ohio.

Re: Reimer/Rimer/Rymer Family

marilyn gray (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jul 2003 2:59PM GMT
Surnames: Rimer, Hughes
my great great grandfather was daniel peter rimer.my grandparents were hazel and oscar hughes that lived in rimer ohio.my father clarence hughes was one ten children born to them.as i was told by my parents and grandparents the town of rimer was named after daniel peter rimer ,if you have any more information ,it would be appreciated ,my grandmothers maiden name was crosley(not sure of spelling)of the chicago stockmarket

Posted: 17 Jul 2003 2:06PM GMT
Surnames: Rimer, Rhodes, Crossley
Your Daniel Peter Rimer was the son of Jacob Rimer and Elizabeth Rhodes. Jacob was a brother to my Jeremiah so we are distantly related. Daniel Peter Rimer married Edith Crossley, b. 1846, England.

If you will contact me directly vis my E-mail address at:
braillepk@juno.com
I can give you the Rimer/Reimer/Rymer/Rhymer family back to Germany in the 1600's.

Phyllis Knisely

phyllis kinsley (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 2003 8:17PM GMT
Surnames: Rimer, Crossley, Hughes
received your email and would appreciate any information you can give me reguarding the rimer family.my father is gane he passed away in 1981.he was one of ten children born to hazel crossley hughes and oscar hughes in rimer ohio.we always been a very close knit family.my grandfather passed on the year i was born 1947 and my grandmother in 1953.i have one sister in indiana and five brothers here in florida with me.i also have two children and two grandaughterd that would enjiy hearing about there great grandfathers family. thank you sincerly you friend marilyn gray.little47merno@hotmail.com

Posted: 17 Jul 2003 11:36PM GMT
I sent you an E-mail and it was returned. Please send me your E-mail address again on a separate line of type.

Phyllis Knisely

phyllis kinsley (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2003 12:51AM GMT

Posted: 18 Jan 2007 2:18PM GMT
Surnames: Rhymer, Rymer, Bartee
Just saw some of your older messages. Am looking for parents of Margaret Ann Rhymer/Rymer Bartee (Wife of John Robert Bartee) b:1859 Wythe County, Virginia. Her mother's name was Christina b: 1836. She may have been a church member in Wythe or Smyth County. The family does not show on 1860 or 1870 census.

Can you be of help?

Posted: 19 Jan 2009 12:58PM GMT
I too am descended from Daniel P Rimer and Edith Crossley. Would love to correspond with cousins. Hope to hear from you.

Posted: 10 Feb 2013 10:03PM GMT
Edited: 11 Feb 2013 1:11PM GMT
Surnames: Hughes; Rimer
I have some information on your Hughes side of your family..because I think our lines are related The 10 children you mentioned are the children of Oscar Cornellius Hughes and Hazel Rimer. I have most of their children.
And I have the parents of Oscar Cornelius Hughes.as being the son of John W Hughes and Sarah Spellman.
That John I believe is the brother to my Margaret A Hughes and I think together we could confirm it.

Posted: 21 Sep 2013 8:01AM GMT
My husband Bill Rimer, is son of Robert E. Rimer, son of Sidney Sylvester Rimer, son of Daniel Peter Rimer and Edith Crossley. We'd love to correspond and explore connections.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions