Search for content in message boards

Beard Family of Pennsylvania

Beard Family of Pennsylvania

Don Rhoads (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 2004 1:59AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am searching for anyone researching the Beard Family in Pennsylvania, especially in the Montgomery County, PA area. The earliest Beard I have is a Samuel who married a Hannah. Samuel on the 1850 Census was listed as a Blacksmith. Children were Mark, Henry, Elizabeth, Ammon, George, William O, Mary C. and Samuel. Any information you could assist with is greatly appreciated. I don't know much about them and would like to know more.

Thank you,
Don Rhoads

Re: Beard Family of Pennsylvania

George Plummer (View posts)
Posted: 1 Oct 2004 7:18PM GMT
Surnames: Baird, Barth, Bard, Beard
Don, there are at least two such families, the Bairds of Pottstown and the Bards of Lower Providence/Norriton. Also in Norristown some Beards who were neither Bards or Bairds can be found. I sense by the names you listed that your focus is on the Bairds of Pottstown. They were Scots, I believe, and go back to Thomas Baird in the late 1700s. I commend to your reading via Google "Memorial of Thomas Potts, Junior - Third Generation" Lots of stuff in there about the related Potts and Bairds of early Pottstown. My line is the German Barth/Bard/ Beard line, of which I have a fair amount of solid to not-so-solid info. Please feel free to contact me my E-mail if it is the German line of Beards you are seeking.

George Plummer

Re: Beard Family of Pennsylvania [Correction]

Posted: 2 Oct 2004 9:06PM GMT
In my reply I refered to "Pottstown"; I meant "Pottsgrove" in Montgomery County, PA.

Benjemine Beard (View posts)
Posted: 26 Nov 2004 8:12PM GMT
I am researching some German Beard's who came over through PA sometime during the 1700's if the information that I have is correct, and they started with a John Beard who imigrated over here from Germany from what I have gathered, though most of the information I have is obtained from the internet, and I am trying to get verification of it. Any information you have on this line would be appreciated

Posted: 27 Nov 2004 1:10AM GMT
I think I need some more specific data re your John Beard, when and where he arrived, and where he went from there. My focus has been on those German Barths/Bards/Beards who remained in Montgomery and Berks Counties, PA starting with Johannes Michael Barth (Michael Beard, 1724-1800) who I believe arrived here in 1749 via the ship "Lydia". If you can be more specific, maybe I can offer some related info.

Cindy Beard-Washington (View posts)
Posted: 15 Feb 2005 6:43PM GMT
George...Do you have a John H. Beard born PA.around 1816-17 in your line. He would have left Pa and moved to Ohio-Iowa 1850-1870's? After 1870 he disappears??

Posted: 17 Feb 2005 11:32AM GMT
Surnames: Beard
Cindy...the only John Beard I have that comes close to your target was in the 1850 census for the Norriton Township in Montgomery County PA. He was a carpenter, age 32 years. His wife was Esther, age 30. They had three children: Samuel (7), Mary (5) and Sarah (1). This family may have left PA after 1850. Let me know here or directly by E-mail if you think my John and yours might be the same guy.

Cindy Beard-Washington (View posts)
Posted: 17 Feb 2005 5:46PM GMT
Unless your John left his family..It's not the same John. My John Beard was born around 1816-17-PA , married a MaryJane (Case?) born 1836-Ohio . They moved to Henry Co. Iowa around mid 1850's and had 9 children there--George W,.William, MaryJane, Henry, Lydia, Almira, Henrietta, Frank, & James Harvey. After 1870 the parents disappear and the kids don't show up again until 1880 NW Missouri census, living in 3 different counties-Buchanan, Andrew & Gentry.There have been rumors of John leaving his family, but I can find nothing of Him or Her.He's got to be connected to someone's family, so I'll just keep looking!!! Thanks for your reply...Cindy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions