Search for content in message boards

SMITH,Benjamin b. 1769 VA d. IN

SMITH,Benjamin b. 1769 VA d. IN

Michael Rasmussen (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SMITH, SHIRLEY, ANDERSON, BELL, CRABB, DALE, GILL
Ben Smith m. Susanna Shirley Abt. 1789, (his father Caleb Smith of Prince Wm. Co. VA ) brothers of Ben are;Jeziah, Nimrod,Aaron and sisters,Nancy,Mary,Clary,Lettice,Chloe, and Rebecca-looking for connections

GILL,CRABB names

Michael Rasmussen (View posts)
Posted: 14 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: SMITH, SHIRLEY, ANDERSON, BELL, CRABB, DALE, GILL
Sarah/Sallie GILL b. Mar 20,1773 Richmond VA m. Reuben DALE May 14,1797 Woodford, KY she died Oct. 04,1844 Barren,KY (who were her parents?) Richard M. CRABB b. Oct. 28, 1819 son of Daniel CRABB b.Abt. 1772 in Westmoreland,VA m.1797 Westmoreland, VA d. Bef. 1800 in Westmoreland,VA (who was the wife and mother?)
Their grandaughter,Seralda Susan CRABB b. July 09,1827 m. Feb. 08, 1848 William Robert SMITH b.Nov. 14, 1826 Barren,KY their daughter, Sarelda Algerina Smith b. Feb. 01, 1864 in Harrison, MO is my g-grandmother. Yes, my GILL connection could well have begun in KY as they were married there, Thank You

Gill Crabb names?

Sheila Evans (View posts)
Posted: 14 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Crabb, Crabbe, Gill
I was wondering how the Gill & Crabb(e) names connect to your Smith line? Is there a connection to the Gill family of Mason & Fleming Co., Ky. -- children of Edward Gill or a James Gill? Thanks.

Gill Crabb Families in Ky and Va.

SheilaEvans (View posts)
Posted: 17 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Chapman, Crabb, Gill, Hardy, Rankin, Smith, Tarleton, Valentine
These names were in Mason Co.,Ky. and marrying by 1790's.

The children of Edward Gill b. abt. 1740 in Va. d. 1826 Mason Co.,Ky. Will Bk. F p 324 are as follows w/spouses:
**Not in order, I copied from my notes - sorry**

Edward Gill ma. in Va. Sarah .....

Reubin b. 1773 ma. Elizabeth Chapman in 1798 Mason
James Gill b. 1782 (WESTMORELAND Va.) ma. Elizabeth Moss
Molly Gill b. 1780 ma. Moses RANKIN
Frances Gill. b. abt 1767 ma. 1st - CRABB (3 children)

a. Vincent Crabb b. Edward Crabb c. Sally Crabb

her 2nd ma. - Henry CHAPMAN
Benjamin b. abt. 1770 ma. Harriet TARLETON d/o Caleb
Sarah/Sally married a VALENTINE
Lettice/Letty ma. 1800 Mason Co.,Ky to Samuel Hardy/Hardige

SMITH _ NOTE

Aquilla SMITH was also a Mason Co.,Ky. & Pulaski Co.,Ky resident. He was the sole heir (or one of his name) to a will by Hannah PRESTON.

In his Rev. War Pension his brother & mother (not named in this note I have here w/me) -- states he served and born in MD.

___
Missouri Note re: grandson of James Gill & Elizabeth Moss Gill
Baldwin B> Gill b. abt. 1808 Ky Died Grundy Co., LIVINGSTON Co., MO. , their son /children in Mo. in or after 1850's.

____

1782 Census / Tax list in Va. - Showed Edward Gill & Family still in WESTMORELAND Va., and a document (deed) mentioned that his son James Gill b. 1782 in Westmoreland Co.,Va.
__

Lots of stuff -- sorry it is mixed up. But I just hoped you or someone else could help me w/a few Va>Ky>Mo lines.

Use Global Search for Crabb Family

Sheila (View posts)
Posted: 24 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Hi Yvette - Try the Global Search to find the CRAB/CRABBE forum in GEN Connect -- This Smith/Gill/Crabb query is just for me to see if there is a connection to his Smith Group.

Look above on your screen underneath where the GenConnect puzzle piece is the LINK to GLOBAL Search -- when there type in CRAB, etc. I have very limited info. on that family other than what I posted in Mason Co.,Ky. Gen Connect/Rootsweb boards. Thanks, Sheila.

search worldwide

Crabbé Yvette (View posts)
Posted: 24 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: crabbe, crabb�
Would like to get in touch with other CRABBE worldwide.

Crabbe

Joyce Maxwell (View posts)
Posted: 15 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Crabb, Crabbe, Gryll, Tavernor
I have 21 pages of just MY relatives!! Who've you got? It seems the more I search, the more Crabbs I find. And here my father thought it was a small family.

Re: SMITH,Benjamin b. 1769 VA d. IN

Posted: 25 Jul 2001 10:21PM GMT
Edited: 22 Oct 2002 2:45AM GMT
This Benjamin Smith is my Great, Great, Great, Great Grandfather who I believe is the father of Aaron Smith who settled near Fayette, Boone Co, Indiana. I think that Benjamin spent most of his life in Barren County Kentucky where his wife Susanna is buried. Internet information indicates that Benjamin is buried near Fayette, Indiana in 1853. I have been unable to verify this in the Boone County records. I have visited the Mount Tabor cemetary and find the graves of his son Aaron, his son, Daniel, his son George W. and his son Roy E., my father Prentice A. is buried in Grant County Indiana but his brothers Horace and Deloris are buried in the Mount Tabor, Fayette, Indiana cemetary. I am seaching and trying to verify the pedigree information which up to now is verified back to Aaron Smith.

Re: search worldwide

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 6:05AM GMT
Surnames: CRABBE/BRICKEY/LUCAS
Mary Alcy Crabbe Brickey
b 1650 France
per page

Find a board about a specific topic