Search for content in message boards

FLEET

FLEET

Eric C. Fleet (View posts)
Posted: 14 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: FLEET, FLEETE, FLETE, FLETT, FLOTTE
I need to know the information:

-> The descendants of William Fleete (? to 1599), Bryan Fleete, Edward Fleete, Reginold Fleete and John Fleete. Their parents are William Fleete, Jr. (? to 1553-1589) and Deborah Scott (? to 1578-1627). They resided in Chathan, Kent, England.

-> The descendants of Thomas Fleete (1586 to ?), John Fleete and Robert Fleete. Their parents are William Fleete, Sr. (1537 to 1584) and Katherine Honywood. They resided in Doncaster, County York, England.

-> The descendants of Thomas Fleete, John Fleete and Samuel Fleete. Their parents are John Fleete, Jr. (1510-1515 to 1556-1558) and Margaret Rycardes (? to 1586). They resided in Kent, England.

I have over 1,200 Fleet individuals information in Canada, United States and England from present to 9th century.

Want to see my large genealogical chart called "The Great Fleet Family Tree: The Descendant Of Arnaud de la Flotte Circa Late 9th Century". The family chart is 30-inch length by 42-inch wide, black & white paper, more than 19 generations and near 250 linked Fleet individuals. Contact to email for the detail of request.

Thomas N FLOAT(E): bn c1785, marr 1810 Warehorne

Alice Norton (View posts)
Posted: 30 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 20 Apr 2003 8:20PM GMT
Surnames: Float, Floate, Chittenden
Thomas Nookes Float was born we believe in Kent abt 1785
Married Martha Chittenden 1810 in Warhorne Kent.

Re: Thomas FLOATE ?or NOAKES? marr 1810 Warehorne

Posted: 20 Apr 2003 8:36PM GMT
Edited: 10 Oct 2003 3:14AM GMT
Surnames: Chittenden, Noakes, Floate, Float
Hello Alice -- regarding your post on the Kent (England) Board quite some time ago (Nov 1999) re: Thomas Nookes FLOAT married to Martha CHITTENDEN at Warehorne in 1810.

Just to mention that the BTs (Bishops Transcripts) for Warehorne seem to differ in the name for Thomas. I think the entry reads as follows (although I could have made a mistake when transcribing it) --
1810 May 25 Thomas NOAKES & Martha CHITTENDEN, banns

I have no further info re: NOAKES or FLOAT in this parish but Martha's family here is documented as follows, including the baptism of Martha herself in 1790 (you may have this info already) --
1781 Nov 4 Baptism Ann, dau of William & Elizabeth CHITTENDEN
c1786-1788 Baptism Charlotte, dau of William & Elizabeth CHITTENDEN
1790 Sep 6 Baptism Martha, dau of William & Elizabeth CHITTENDEN
1792 May 30 Burial Dinah, dau of William & Elizabeth CHITTENDEN
1793 Apr 7 Baptism John, son of William & Elizabeth CHITTENDEN
1794 Oct 16 Baptism Winifred, dau of William & Elizabeth CHITTENDEN
1794 Oct 19 Burial John, son of William & Elizabeth CHITTENDEN
1796 Oct 16 Baptism Jane, dau of William & Elizabeth CHITTENDEN
1796 Dec 24 Burial Jane, dau of William & Elizabeth CHITTENDEN
1797 Feb 27 Burial Elizabeth, wife of William CHITTENDEN
1797 Sep 19 Burial Winifred, dau of William & Elizabeth CHITTENDEN
The appears to have been a William CHITTENDEN Junior and Senior here, as evidenced by the following --
1804 Dec 5 Burial William CHITTENDEN Senr.

I have other CHITTENDEN entries from this parish and many others in East Kent if you're interested.

Regards, Andrea (new admin for Kent [England] Board)

Posted: 29 Nov 2004 7:55AM GMT
Edited: 29 Nov 2004 8:01AM GMT
Hi to you Andrea,

I do not remember getting this answer so you would think me a realy beaut but I would like all that you have on Matha's family and the others too if you are willing .

I do know that when Thomas Noakes FLOAT 's wife Martha remarried she signed as NOAKES too but we feel that maybe Thomas was Thomas NOAKES and his Mother whom we beileve to be single married a FLOAT jusat guessing as I could not find anything concrete in Bishops Transcripts on differant places for his birth and parents.

Andrea, are you related to this family too??

Cheers for now
Alice Norton
banorton@bigpond.net.au

Posted: 3 Jan 2011 12:51AM GMT
HI there'
I have found record of THOMAS NOAKES FLOATE Marrying MARTHA CHITTENDEN 15/5/1810 WARHORNE KENT ENGLAND

Thomas buried 12/7/1841Hindmarsh Cemetary, South Australia
Their second Child SYVESTER/SILVESTER FLOATE is related to me,
Robyn Sweeney

Re: FLEET

Posted: 29 Jan 2012 6:17PM GMT
Surnames: Arnaud
Does your chart include Benjamin and Nicolas David Arnaud? They lived in Ireland then moved to Liverpool England.

Posted: 20 Jun 2012 12:14PM GMT
Edited: 20 Jun 2012 12:14PM GMT
May I chime in here? This family has me baffled and reading the last reply hasn't helped! Martha remarried eh!!! Here's some more confusing stuff.

Thomas Noakes Floate and family including wife Martha arrived South Australia 1839. Also on board was Henry and wife Harriet (Smith?) with son William aged 9mnths. Harriet apparently lived beyond marriage of Henry and Catherine Corregan in 1857 but no divorce record?

Birth registration of James Float, son of Henry and Catherine shows an elder sibling called Noakes.

Are Henry Floate, spouse of Harriet and son of Thomas Noakes and Henry Floate spouse of Catherine and father of James one and the same person?

Death registration Henry Floate 1816-1898 has his father as Henry and spouse Catherine Corregan. Henry also only in Australia for 46 years

Cheers
Doug Tarrant

Posted: 7 Feb 2013 11:04PM GMT
Surnames: Floate, Float
I was looking for the ancestry of my family. The farthest I can trace to the United States is George Britanick Floate (1880-1951)married to Ada (1884-1948). They had children named Halden, Jimmie, Archie, Woodrow, Nettie, and Leon. Some family members think the fathers name was either Henry or Harry. What information would I need to look further?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic