Search for content in message boards

Butcher and Flora

Butcher and Flora

Dale Sprouse (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Butcher, Flora
John Flora moved to Lovilia, IA to find work. He met and married Dora Butcher in 1895. They had 3 children Mina, Nola, and Orval. Any information on this family or John Flora and Dora Butchers parents and family would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Dale Sprouse

Butcher and Flora

Dan Butcher (View posts)
Posted: 25 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Butcher, Wilcox, Bivens, Bussear
I Have much Info on Butchers. Dora had a twin Nora.Thier Father Was Levi and Cordilla (Plummer) Butcher. Thier children are William Delmar, George Henry,(my grand father)
Dora and Nora, Jennie, and Cordilla, Mother Cordilla died in 1881. Then Levi Married Nancy Bridwell and she had 10 Children John Edward, Bertha Isbell,Bessie May.Levi Leroy,Dallas Estus, Leo J., Zeina Dell, Hilda Cathrine, Ora Gabrell, and Ethal all was born in Monroe co IA.

Re: Butcher and Flora

Posted: 28 Nov 2002 8:48AM GMT
Surnames: Bussear Beal
I seen you have Bussear listed in your surnames, I need info on Bussear's In Monroe County in 1850's to late 1890's.
Thanks1 Cathie

Butcher Family Monroe Iowa

Suzan (View posts)
Posted: 14 May 2005 12:13AM GMT
Surnames: Butcher, Barnes, Nedderman, Edwards
I am trying to tie the Nedderman, Butcher and Barnes families together. I have an August Nedderman who married a Mary Butcher. I have a Jane Butcher that married a George Edwards and their daughter Tracie or Tressie married Leroy Barnes. Maybe you can help me sort out the Butcher family from Monroe Iowa.

Re: Butcher Family Monroe Iowa

Phyllis (View posts)
Posted: 15 May 2005 11:38PM GMT
Saw your post on the Buthcer's of Monroe Co Iowa. I am a native of Monroe Co and researched my family names there. I am descended thru the Bredwell's name Nancy Bredwell married Levi Butcher. I looked at the other post and saw someone has done some work on that line. I do not have much on it. I was mainly interested in the Bredwells - just thought I would respond on that.

Re: Butcher Family Monroe Iowa

Posted: 8 Sep 2006 2:19PM GMT
Surnames: Bredwell
I am also interested in the Bredwell family. I have unidentified several tintypes? supposedly of the Bredwell family. If you have any pictures, would like to compare. my great grandmother was Sarah Elizabeth Bredwell (b. 1834 in Ohio, d. 1915 in Iowa), daughter of John Bredwell & Eizabeth Thomas. Your Nancy Bredwell was the daughter of Edward John Bredwell, brother of my Sarah Elizabeth. Will be happy to exchange information.

Re: Butcher and Flora

Posted: 18 Feb 2008 12:08PM GMT
Surnames: Butcher, Bredwell, Chance
I was interested in the "Nancy Bridwell" you mentioned in your message on the Butchers. Her correct name was Nancy Elizabeth Bredwell, daughter of Edward John Bredwell and Isabella Chance, born 2/20/2860, Monroe County, Iowa. I did not know of the previous marriage of Levi Butcher and was glad to get that information. If you would like more on the Bredwell family, please contact me.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic