Search for content in message boards

Whitman

Whitman

Posted: 16 Jun 2009 1:19AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Whitman, Smith, Goodman, Henry, Wright
The Torrance County Archeological Society website features a trip to El Bosque and the Rea Family Homestead at the top of the mountain. In the story on the website, it mentions a book or maybe a journal by Jerry Whitman entitled "Reflections". Jerry is the brother to one of my Great uncle's wives, Hebe Whitman. Does anybody have a copy of this book or know where I can get one or do a look up for me?
Posted: 27 Nov 2010 5:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
This is not a book - I have the pages he wrote of the history of the Bosque and family living there. We have exchanged information before. Have you heard of this in book form?????? I wonder where it comes from . I have UNcle Gerry's pages and have loaned the info to only one person. Please share more info. I appreciate your help very much. Take dear care and have a great day. NNR - Nancy
Posted: 27 Nov 2010 5:29PM GMT
This is not a book - I have the pages he wrote of the history of the Bosque and family living there. We have exchanged information before. Have you heard of this in book form?????? I wonder where it comes from . I have UNcle Gerry's pages and have loaned the info to only one person. Please share more info. I appreciate your help very much. Take dear care and have a great day. NNR - Nancy

Re: Whitman

Posted: 27 Nov 2010 6:07PM GMT
I thought your ID looked familiar, but I couldn't place it. I received your message this morning and responded. On the Rea Homestead webpage it mentions his writings. It was submitted by Jo Moore. That's who I contacted about Hebe.

Re: Whitman, Rea, Douglass

Posted: 22 Sep 2012 1:16AM GMT
Surnames: Rea, Douglas, Whitman
Jo Moore still lives in the area. Since I have been the family historian for years she asked for family information - wrote an article for a local magazine and did not give any credit for the info and pictures! It is a little garble (info) and describing of history there -. She had other sources also - of elderly people living in the vacinity. She is a friend. I wish her well. There have been a lot of fires in the mountains there in the last few years. It is very sad! I feel history and places live in our memory and hearts. I do have Uncle Gerry's letters of the Bosque and we do cherish them. He was a dear and colorful gentleman.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic