Search for content in message boards

James BROCKWELL / Annie FOLKES

James BROCKWELL / Annie FOLKES

Marcia (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Brockwell, Folkes
Please contact me if you have any information about descendants and/or relatives of James Bolling Brockwell and Annie Earl Folkes!

Re: FOLKES Family -- John FOLKES

Posted: 18 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jan 2003 11:17PM GMT
Surnames: Folkes, Clyborn
You did not mention dates but I have descendants of John Folkes, Henrico/Chesterfield Co. died 1732. Some of his descendants married into the Clyborn Family, if you are interested

Re: BROCKWELL Family

Sherry B. Tyler (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:32PM GMT
They lived at "West Garden," formerly called "Aspen Grove."
The family cemetery is located there and my book lists those known and thought to be buried there. James Bolling BROCKWELL (1869-1937) married "Vergie" ADAMS. Book includes BROCKWELL, FOLKES, BARLOW, & HARGRAVEs.

Book: 80% HEAVEN BOUND, Deaths & Burials in Charles City Co, VA

Sherry B. Tyler (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:32PM GMT
80% HEAVEN BOUND, DEATHS & BURIALS IN CHARLES CITY COUNTY, VA - new book with deaths and burials in all known cemeteries - brief historical sketches of churches and private homes - spans nearly 400 years of county history - contact: Sherry B. Tyler, 168 Queensbury Court, Newport News, VA 23608-3217

Re: James BROCKWELL / Annie FOLKES

Posted: 26 Sep 2009 10:23AM GMT
I have been researching this family and have made good progress. It has been 9 years since you posted your inquiry, and I am wondering if you still need the information. If you have any information regarding this James Brockwell's family in the UK, I would be very interested. I look forward to hearing from you.

Posted: 20 Mar 2012 3:52PM GMT
I just logged onto Ancestry.com after many years and came upon your post. I have plenty of info about the descendants of James B Brockwell and Annie Folkes. Please contact me with all your info. Thanks!

Posted: 26 Mar 2012 1:17PM GMT
I received your message while traveling and tried to respond but for some reason the computer I was logged onto would not let me respond. I am now back home and on my computer so all should go well -- i.e., that you will receive this message. I have some things that need to be taken care of right away after having been absent so will be in touch in a day or so. So thrilled to hear from you and looking forward to getting some information on this branch of the family!

Posted: 26 Mar 2012 2:13PM GMT
Thank you so much! I look forward to talking with you.

Posted: 26 Mar 2012 2:42PM GMT
I have pulled my records out, and it looks as if there is a lot -- too much for this format. But it may be the same thing that you have. Do you have any information on the parents of James B. Brockwell or Annie Folkes? I can be reached at marciatanner@hotmail.com if you would like to contact me there.

Sincerely,
Marcia Tanner

Posted: 26 Mar 2012 4:17PM GMT
I have extensive info about Annie Earl Folkes and her family. Unfortunately I have no reliable info on James Bolling Brockwell. They were my great great great grandparents. I know where they are buried too........Westover Episcopal church on rt.5. Annie was the daughter of Cannelum Carrives Folkes and had numerous brothers who served in the confederacy. Would love to share any info you may have. BTW this is too weird, we both have the same first name...Marcia! I can be reached at mamamarcia77@msn.com. Do you live in VA? Anyway, please email me and hopefully we can help each other with this geneology. How are you related to the Brockwells?
Thanks
Marcia Peters
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions