Search for content in message boards

BAYLESS FAMILY-knoxville, TN/Indiana areas

BAYLESS FAMILY-knoxville, TN/Indiana areas

Kelly Bayless (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2001 4:37PM GMT
Any information on Bayless' originating from TN. Particulary interested in finding parents of OSCAR BAYLESS BOYD BAYLESS JOSEPH BAYLESS ALLIE(?) BAYLESS WYATT BAYLESS. Possibly linked to name "LARUE"???????? Thanks!!

Re: Bayless' from TN

Posted: 1 Feb 2001 12:38PM GMT
Edited: 6 Aug 2001 7:02AM GMT
I discovered several Joseph's in my search thru info for my husband's grandfather, McDowell Bayless. George Calloway J. Bayless (12/30/1838 to 3/19/1865) was born in TN. In fact my mother-in-law still lives in Knoxville area.

BAYLESS' FROM TN

Kelly (View posts)
Posted: 1 Feb 2001 11:55PM GMT
Hello Linda,
You mentioned possible info on several "Josephs" in the TN area. I am interested in that info if possible. I haven't much to go on. My father was born to Joseph Elmer Bayless who had a brother Boyd (that I was able to find a marriage record for). He was a blacksmith. Another brother Wyatt was a farmer, another Wyatt, who I am assuming was an in-law, occupation unknown, and another named Oscar, again unknown occupation. My father didn't have much contact with his grandparents, and actually doesn't ever remember meeting his grandfather at all. He can recall "grandma Larew/LaRue???" and an aunt named Allie.
My grandfather Joseph Elmer transplanted himself in Indiana and I believe it was somewhere prior to 1920. I came to this conclusion after locating a 1920 TN census index that lists my grandmother's family, (surname SWEET)minus my grandmother's name. (She was Harriet "Hattie" Sweet). I look forward to hearing from you soon. Take care and good luck...........

BAYLESS' FROM TN

Kelly (View posts)
Posted: 1 Feb 2001 11:56PM GMT
Hello Linda,
You mentioned possible info on several "Josephs" in the TN area. I am interested in that info if possible. I haven't much to go on. My father was born to Joseph Elmer Bayless who had a brother Boyd (that I was able to find a marriage record for). He was a blacksmith. Another brother Wyatt was a farmer, another Wyatt, who I am assuming was an in-law, occupation unknown, and another named Oscar, again unknown occupation. My father didn't have much contact with his grandparents, and actually doesn't ever remember meeting his grandfather at all. He can recall "grandma Larew/LaRue???" and an aunt named Allie.
My grandfather Joseph Elmer transplanted himself in Indiana and I believe it was somewhere prior to 1920. I came to this conclusion after locating a 1920 TN census index that lists my grandmother's family, (surname SWEET)minus my grandmother's name. (She was Harriet "Hattie" Sweet). I look forward to hearing from you soon. Take care and good luck...........
Posted: 30 Apr 2001 11:46AM GMT
Edited: 10 Jul 2001 9:01PM GMT
WYATT BAYLESS WAS MY GREAT GR MOTHERS NEPHEW HIS FATHERS NAME WAS THOMAS. WHAT YOU MIGHT FIND HELPFUL IF YOU HAVEN't ALREADY IS THE GLENWOOD BAPTIST BOOK 100 YEARS THEY ARE LOCATED 7212 Central Ave Knoxville Tn. 37849 MY GR GR GRANDFATHER WILLIAM BAYLESS FOUNDED THAT CHURCH AND THE BOOK IS A WONDERFUL SOURCE OF ALL BAYLESS AND OTHERS. WHAT LARUE ARE YOU LOOKING FOR? THEY ARE IN THERE ALSO

Wyatt Bayless

Kelly (View posts)
Posted: 26 May 2001 7:21PM GMT
Pam,
I am so excited!!! I have been so busy with my work, that I had to put my searching on hold. I actually hadn't even bothered to check message boards, because I had such little success.....unitl now that is!!!! I am most anxious to learn anything and everything you have on this. It would be great if you could email me. Try using: <robofoxmom@mgci.com> or my secondary is: <aradmom@yahoo.com>. I look forward to hearing from you!!

Joseph Osborne (View posts)
Posted: 10 Aug 2001 2:47PM GMT
I am looking for my great grant father William T. Bayless he married Pearl Harrell abt. 1900 can eny one help.

Posted: 12 Aug 2001 11:38PM GMT
It is interesting that you mention the surname "Harrell" because I am searching for family with the same. I am searching for Sarah Elizabeth "Lizzie" Harrell who married a George Sweet and lived in TN area. Any connection? My email is <robofoxmom@mgci.com>

Jerry K Bayless (View posts)
Posted: 21 Sep 2003 1:46AM GMT
Classification: Birth
My dad Melburn Rosco Bayless, is from speedwell Tenn. He said the bayless' were among the first to settle in Tenn.

Re: BAYLESS

Posted: 3 Feb 2005 12:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Pam, I've been away from the boards for some time, but just realized scanning messages that we are related! William Bayless is my g-g-grandfather...his father is Isaac Bayless. William and Rhody Caldwell had several children, including Thomas Jefferson Bayless, who is my g-grandfather. His son, Joseph Elmer, is my grandfather. Joseph had several siblings, among them: Oscar, Randolph (Ross), Nora Ann, Thomas Wyatt, Nannie, Samuel Boyd, Allie and Walter. I'd be happy to share their info with you if this is indeed your family line too!!! You can email me at k_bayless@hotmail.com or aradmom@yahoo.com....
per page

Find a board about a specific topic