Search for content in message boards

Priscilla REFFELL (nee BOWLER)

Priscilla REFFELL (nee BOWLER)

Edwin Reffell (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 2003 4:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BOWLER, REFFELL, REFFEL, POYNTER, THUMPER
In the 1881 census (online at the IGI) Priscilla is recorded under REFFEL (unmarried) at CROYDEN, Surrey servant at the George THUMPER household, 124 Wadden New Rd.
Priscilla nee BOWLER was daughter of Charles Bowler b. 1826 LANGLEY, Buckinghamshire and Ann POYNTERb. 1825, WINFIELD, Berkshire. Priscilla was born on 21.3.1852 at COLNBROOK, Buckinghamshire. She was married to Raymond Reffell in September 1873.He is recorded in the 1881 census in Kent as unmarried. Ann E(lizabeth) REFFELL is their daughter. Priscilla was sister to Harriet BOWLER who was born in COLNBROOK, 1857.

Re: Priscilla REFFELL (nee BOWLER)

Posted: 31 Aug 2009 2:46AM GMT
Trying to find our Priscilla. I have a Priscilla Bowler born in Colnbrook Buckinghamshire married to George Tomkins on 1901 census. might this be the same Priscilla? Do you know if your Priscilla had other children other than Ann E. Reffell?

Posted: 31 Aug 2009 6:45AM GMT
Surnames: REFFELL
This is your Priscilla.She was married REFFELL.As far as I know there was only one child to the marriage. There must have been a divorce. I expect she remarried.
Good luck with your family searching.
Best wishes,
Edwin Reffell

Posted: 31 Aug 2009 12:19PM GMT
Thanks for the quick response Edwin. Priscilla was my gg grandmother. She had 8 children with her second husband George Tomkins. Their daughter Charlotte was my great grandmother who I had the priviledge to have known. She was alive until I was about 10 years old. Thanks for the help.

Cheers!
Carolin

Posted: 19 Mar 2013 9:15PM GMT
Surnames: REFFELL, TOMKINS
Recently I found the christening of Caroline Mary Tomkins REFFELL, 1 Jan 1882 in Croydon, Surrey, with parents George and Priscilla. Surely she must be a child of George TOMKINS and Priscilla REFFELL nee BOWLER? I cannot find any record of their marriage though I have searched with TOMKINS, REFFELL and BOWLER. Did George and Priscilla use REFFELL as their surname? Please would you see if one of the children of George TOMKINS and Priscilla is Caroline and born in 1881 (in FreeBMD she is recorded as Caroline Mary REFFELL born in the Dec qtr of 1881)?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic