Search for content in message boards

Peter Ellis Fales and Juliana Avery Married 9 Oct 1830 Sheldon New York

Peter Ellis Fales and Juliana Avery Married 9 Oct 1830 Sheldon New York

Deborah Frazier (View posts)
Posted: 3 Aug 2006 3:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Aug 2006 3:28PM GMT
Surnames: Fales, Avery
I have the "Fales Book" by John Thomas Fales Need A look up email me.

Re: Peter Ellis Fales and Juliana Avery Married 9 Oct 1830 Sheldon New York

Karen Weiss (View posts)
Posted: 9 Sep 2006 11:34AM GMT
Edited: 11 Sep 2006 12:44PM GMT
Surnames: Tucker, Fales
Are there any pictures of Peter 'Ellis' Fales? He was married to Marietta Tucker Sept 1863 in Prairie du Chien, WI. He was considerably older than Marietta.
Thanks,
Karen

Posted: 15 Sep 2006 1:04PM GMT
Edited: 16 Sep 2006 1:24PM GMT
Surnames: Fales, Tucker
Karen, I'd like to learn more about your Marietta Tucker. That name differs from my record in JTF's book, "The Fales Family: The First Ten Generations in America". I show they (Peter Ellis Fales and Margaret Tucker or Mary Ann Tucker) had 4 children, but have details on only Amelia Bell Fales line. Can you share more?

I do not have any photo of Peter Ellis Fales, but willing to share what I have on your branch of the Fales tree.
Jerry

Karen Weiss (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 2006 2:45PM GMT
Edited: 16 Sep 2006 1:24PM GMT
Surnames: Fales, Tucker
Jerry,
Margaret and Mary Ann are Marietta or Maryette Tucker. She was the first born of Samuel and Julia A.(Delaney) Tucker. She was born in N.Y. and is listed on the 1850 NY, Oswego Co., town of Scriba census. I guess the spelling of Marietta was up to whoever was recording her name. On Julia's Claim for Pension papers it was written Maryitta & Maryett. I've seen several spellings.
I have the Sept. 27, 1863 marriage record of Ellis and Maryett. Her name looks like Masilta. Ellis' occupation is listed as a blacksmith. They were married in Prairie du Chien, Crawford Co., WI.
I also have her death record and her name was spelled Maryat. She died in Juneau Co., Lindinia at her mother's residence. She is buried in the Mauston Cemetery in WI.
They had 4 children:
Savilla/Sevilla? born about1864 or 1865,
Rosetta Mae born 29 May 1866
Amelia Augusta born Jan 8 1871 ? on month
Adelia born Jun 8 1871 ? on month Are they twins? Or are the years of birth wrong?
I took this infomation off rootsweb and I believe it is Jeff Timmons' file which is posted on familysearch.org under Family Trees.
Ellis was considerably older than Marietta. I have found Ellis, age 49, on the WI 1860 census with Electu/Electa, his 2nd wife and on the IA 1870 census, age 55, with Marietta, age 24, with some of Ellis' children and their children. I've tried to find Ellis on an 1880 census with NO LUCK at all. I tried all variations of spellings.
I have Marietta's family history as far as her parents and her siblings. That information is posted on the Juneau Co. rootsweb site under Family Trees & Samuel Mason Tucker, however it does need to be updated. There are photos of her brothers and her parents under Juneau Co. Photos under Samuel Tucker.
You have Amelia Bell Fales. Would that be Amelia Augusta? Did she marry John Wesley & David Sanford as it is posted on rootsweb?
Marietta had a twin sister & a brother named Augustus and Augusta born in 1852 and both died in early childhood.
I would be interested in knowing about Marietta's children.
Thanks for responding,
Karen

Posted: 9 Jun 2011 11:21PM GMT
Surnames: Fales/Schwartz
I have a Julia Ann Fales who married John Learnard Schwartz. Any connections or details are appeciated.

Posted: 10 Jun 2011 3:26PM GMT
Julia Ann Fales, dau. of Peter Ellis Fales and Juliana Avery confirmed in John Thomas Fales book, "The Fales Family: The First Ten Generations in America" printed in 2005, p202. His main reference for this family came from research of Warren Dexter Fales, "Fales Genealogy and Allied Families" found on LDS Microfilm Reel No. 45368. Julia m. John Schwartz/Swartz 01 Dec 1871 in New Hampton, Chickasaw Co. Iowa.

Posted: 10 Jun 2011 3:39PM GMT
yes that's what I have is there anymore info on julia's husband john? Julia and John are my GG Grandparents. Are you of any relation?

Posted: 10 Jun 2011 4:15PM GMT
Sorry to get your hopes up. I am not related to this line, but am an avid Fales researcher. I have no other details on his parents, other than John as the son of Johanns Schwartz and Elizabeth, born 29 Jun 1845 in Germany. (same source as previous response)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions