Search for content in message boards

Holtzclaw relatives

Holtzclaw relatives

Posted: 7 May 2002 2:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Dec 2005 4:18AM GMT
Surnames: Griffith, Holtzclaw, Kilgore
I am looking for any information on either a "Butch" Holtzclaw who was married to my Great-grandmother, (Cecila) Pearl Griffith (2nd marriage) born Aug 31, 1895, died 1975 and information on a Willard F. "Bill" Holtzclaw who was married to my Great-aunt Irene Kilgore (she was Pearl Griffith's daughter by her first marriage to Haney James Kilgore). Willard was born Oct 19, 1906 in Clay County, MO and died Oct 24, 1981 and is buried in Pilot Grove Cemetery in Cooper County, MO. Irene was born Aug 11,1917 and died May 29, 2001(also buried in Pilot Grove Cemetery).

Re: Holtzclaw relatives

Posted: 19 May 2002 12:01AM GMT
Edited: 10 Aug 2002 1:49AM GMT
Surnames: Holtzclaw, Hisel
I checked a book called The Genealogy of the Holtzclaw Family, 1540-1935 by Dr. B. C. Holtzclaw. He lists a Willard Holtzclaw (no dates) as a son of John Holtzclaw b. 4 Mar 1875 d. June 1924 who married a Berdie Hisel.
The ancestors of his family seemed to have moved into the Clay Co MO area in the 1850's.
I did not find a reference to a "Butch" Holtzclaw.

Kathy Pickering (View posts)
Posted: 21 May 2002 2:49PM GMT
Surnames: Cooper, Kilgore, Fradenburgh, Schneider
Thank you, Susan for replying to my message. I am just beginning to do research on this side of the family. I will be looking for a copy of the Holtzclaw family book and doing more research on John. Willard was married to my Aunt Irene Kilgore, who only recently passed away.

Posted: 1 Nov 2002 9:44PM GMT
Edited: 21 Feb 2006 2:40PM GMT
Surnames: Holtzclaw
Searching for relatives of children of Wilford & Margaret Jane Brown Holtzclaw (s) Francis b. 1851; Monroe b. 1853; Martha b. 1855; Hester b. 1854; Charles b. 1866. Moved from Ind. to Ill in later 1860s Found James M. b 1858; and Thomas Jefferson b. 1861, he is my grt.grd father. Please help, thank you, Roy

Kathy Kilgore Pickering (View posts)
Posted: 2 Nov 2002 3:17PM GMT
Hi Ron and Joyce,
Thank you for contacting me. I have an update for Butch Holtzclaw. Butch was a nickname for Lester Holtzclaw, who according to the 1930 census was b. 1900 in Missouri. He lists his parents as being born in Missouri. He was married to my great-grandmother, (Cecila) Pearl Griffith (Haney James Kilgore was her 1st husband). Lester's occupation is listed as a butcher...maybe the reason for the nickname. Pearl Griffith was born in Tennesse. Her parents are listed as being born in Tennesse. I have tired to find any information, so far that's all I have on Lester.
Willard F. "Bill" Holtzclaw was married to my great-aunt Irene Kilgore. I am not sure as to the relationship between Lester or Willard and have been unable to trace the family back farther than this. I don't know if Irene and Bill had children. Hopefully, someone has more information than I do! I know that Bill was born on Oct 19, 1906 in Clay County, Mo and died Oct 24, 1981. He is buried in Pilot Grove Cemetery in Cooper County, MO. Irene was born Aug 11, 1917 and died May 29, 2001. She is buried in Pilot Grove County, MO next to Bill. I don't know if this will help you. Kathy

Posted: 17 Nov 2002 10:20PM GMT
Hi,
We have corresponded before about Holtzclaws. Your recent e-mail mentioned "Butch" as a nickname for Lester Holtzclaw. In the Holtzclaw book, there is a Lester Holtzclaw and a Willard Holtzclaw listed as sons of the John Holtzclaw I mentioned earlier this year. I checked back through some notes that I have and John Holtzclaw's father and grandfather apparently lived in Clay Co, MO. So this might be your line.

Kathy Pickering (View posts)
Posted: 18 Nov 2002 12:11AM GMT
Thanks Suzanne,
Lester is listed in the 1930's census as being 30 years old and is married to my great-grandmother at this time. I don't know if the birthdates would be correct for Willard and Lester to be brothers. Do you have any dates listed? Thank you for looking this information up for me. I hope that this line is correct! Kathy

Posted: 22 Nov 2002 5:53PM GMT
Dr. Holtzclaw's book doesn't give any dates for Lester or Willard. I believe you stated in a previous post that Willard was born 1906. According to the 1930 census, Lester was born 1900. That would make them only 6 years apart in age; so from that standpoint, they could easily be brothers.
John Holtzclaw born 4 Mar 1875 and died June 1924 married Berdie Hisel according to Dr. Holtzclaw's book. There are four children listed for John Holtzclaw: Lester, Hubert, Willard and Eva.

kathy (View posts)
Posted: 23 Nov 2002 4:54PM GMT
Thank you, Suzanne
I know that I found a listing for a Boonville, Mo cemetry that has Willard and my Aunt Irene listed (as still living..passed in 2001). It gave Willard's birthyear as 1906 and lists his mother as a Birdie Hisell and father John. There are some census that I am looking at. One seems to have listed Willard and his mother, Birdie. It seems that she has remarried at this time. This may be possible if John died in 1924. I will post as much information as I can as soon as possible. Thank you so much for all your information and help! Kathy

Posted: 4 Feb 2003 4:21AM GMT
Edited: 4 Feb 2003 5:08AM GMT
My dad was Willard F. Holtzclaw, born in 1906, Lester (Butch) Holtzclaw was my uncle. He was born in 1900, and killed in a car accident in 1963. My mother, Irene Kilgore Holtzclaw, was born in 1917, and she passed away May 29, 2001, at age 83.My Aunt Ada, Harry Kilgore's wife, still lives in Boonville, Missouri. Would like to learn more information about the Holtzclaws or the Kilgores.

John Holtzclaw
Boonville, MO.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic