Search for content in message boards

Thomas Huey in NC and Clinton Co., Ill.

Thomas Huey in NC and Clinton Co., Ill.

Karen Merrell (View posts)
Posted: 8 Nov 2000 8:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 Aug 2006 3:53PM GMT
Surnames: Huey, Orton
My gg grandmother, Rebecca Huey, was said to be the dau of Thomas Huey. She was born in Rowan Co, NC, in 1806, married William Reed Orton and their first child, Sarah, was born in Clinton Co, Ill. They later moved to Iowa. Does anyone have information on her father and siblings? Thanks, Karen

Huey info

Susanne (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2001 2:03AM GMT
Edited: 31 Aug 2006 3:54PM GMT
Surnames: Orton, Huey, Bryan
Hi(again), I just replied to your post about the Ortons,and have come upon this one, we're on the same trail. How much info do you have about Rebecca Huey's mother Mary Bryan(?) I have been trying to figure out if William Reed Orton's great grandfather(James') wife Jane Bryan is any relation to Mary. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Sue.(feel free to email me watergoat@msn.com)

Rebecca Huey

Posted: 11 Mar 2001 4:24PM GMT
Edited: 31 Aug 2006 3:55PM GMT
Surnames: Orton, Huey, Hamilton
Sarah Orton is also my GG Grandmother. daughter of William Reed Orton and Rebecca Huey. However I have an older sister for her, Elizabeth born in Clinton, Ill. Giving this family a total of nine children. How does that match your records. I would be interested in learning what your research has turned up on the Hueys. Also I am interested on info on Sarah's first marriage to Eli Hamilton. Thanks, Norma
Posted: 11 Mar 2001 4:30PM GMT
Edited: 31 Aug 2006 3:55PM GMT
Susanne! Hope you don't mind someone else jumping in on this trail with you. Have been searching the same problems. Any clues yet? I'll let you know if I find anything. I have nothing on Rebecca's parents at this point but a name and birth year. If you have more I would be excited to know. Thanks, Norma

Rebecca Huey Orton

Karen Merrell (View posts)
Posted: 13 Mar 2001 2:37PM GMT
Edited: 31 Aug 2006 3:56PM GMT
Surnames: Reed, Orton, Hamilton, Huey
Norma,
Yes, I have Elizabeth as the first child of Wm Reed and Rebecca Orton. I have no information on her marriage to Eli Hamilton, but I found much info on the Huey family at
http://genforum.familytreemaker.com/huey/messages/79.html It was posted by Paul Gifford and goes back to 1739. See if you can find that site and copy it.
Karen
Posted: 13 Mar 2001 9:42PM GMT
Edited: 31 Aug 2006 3:57PM GMT
Thanks Karen. I found Paul's site. It is great. Thanks for the tip.

Re: Rebecca Huey

Posted: 22 Jul 2001 7:12PM GMT
Edited: 31 Aug 2006 3:58PM GMT
Surnames: Huey, Pinkerton
Norma,
I would love to have a copy of the list of 9 children that you have. I am trying to trace Naomi Jane Huey or Hughey that married John Pinkerton in Tennessee. I know that she was born in NC, but am at dead lock. I cannot tye her into the families that all seem to come NC. Any help would be appreciated. Someone told me that they think her real name is Rebecca Jane Huey not Naomi so this might be a lead.
Thanx, Barb

Re: Thomas Huey in NC and Clinton Co., Ill.

Amanda Huey (View posts)
Posted: 14 Sep 2001 1:18AM GMT
Surnames: Huey
They probably arn't related but my branch of hueys is from Lancaster S.C. Mabey there is a link somewhere. Feel free to email me at Honeychild216@aol.com

Re: Thomas Huey in NC and Clinton Co., Ill.

Sharon (View posts)
Posted: 21 Mar 2004 10:41PM GMT
Surnames: Huey, Bryan
Hello Karen,
I have Rebecca Huey as daughter of Thomas Huey and Mary Bryan. I have Rebecca's date of birth as July 14, 1806.
I think we have the right connection.
I don't have much information but I will share the siblings I have listed.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic