Search for content in message boards

North Carolina--Jarmans

North Carolina--Jarmans

Donald Jarman (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jan 2001 6:51PM GMT
If any one has information on the following Jarmans I would appreciate any help you might have. Thanks

John Hill Jarman, son of Asa Jarman and Elizabeth ( maiden name unknown )
grandson of Thomas Jarman,Jr. and Elizabeth Cox
great-grandson of Thomas Jarman,sr. and Susannah Padgett

JOHN HILL JARMAN

ROBERT B JARMAN SR (View posts)
Posted: 1 Feb 2001 8:48PM GMT
HAVE A BOOK ON JOHN HILL JARMAN OF ONSLOW COUNTY AND SOME OF HIS DESCENDANTS.
WITH NOTES OF RELATED FAMILIES.

John Hill Jarman

Posted: 3 Feb 2001 7:17AM GMT
Robert, is there some way I might get a copy of this book you have on John Hill Jarman ?? I am trying to verify the info I have on John Hill and Mary Hewitt. They are supposed to be my gg-grandparents. Any info. you have would be of great help! Thanks Donald Jarman djarman@peoplepc.com

JOHN HILL JARMAN

Posted: 3 Feb 2001 11:59AM GMT
DONALD, I AM TRYING TO FIND MARY HEWITT IN THIS BOOK, THIS JOHN JARMAN WAS MARRIED TO ELIZABETH KILLEBREW. DOES HER NAME MEAN ANYTHING TO U. LET ME KNOW, I CAN GET A BOOK AND SEND TO U. THANKS ROBERT.

John Hill Jarman

Posted: 4 Feb 2001 2:52PM GMT
Robert, that names does not come up. Do you have anything on Milton E. Jarman and wife Nancy Caroline Taylor?? This was my Great-Grand Parents and I am trying to find out who Milton's parents where. I am running into a wall! I was told John Hill Jarman and Mary Hewitt were, but I can't find any proof.These Jarmans are from Onslow County N.C., around the Richlands area. Thanks for your help !! Donald Jarman djarman@peoplepc.com

JOHN HILL JARMAN

Posted: 4 Feb 2001 7:53PM GMT
JOHN JARMAN WAS A BROTHER TO ROBERT JARMAN OF COWHORN BRANCH AND A GREAT GRANDSON OF ROBERT JARMAN WHO CAME TO NORTH CAROLINA IN THE 1730 FROM THE EASTERN SHORE OF MARYLAND,

JOHN JARMAN SON OF THOMAS JARMAN AND SUSANNAH PADGETT WAS BORN BETWEEN 1774 AND 1780. HE OWNED A LARGE FARM IN THE RICHLAND AREA --- AT ONE TIME HIS FARM WAS OVER 1650 ACRES

JOHN JARMAN MARRIED ELIZABETH KILLEBREW, THEY WERE MARRIED APRIL 18 1795 IN ONSLOW COUNTY. SHE WAS THE DAUGHTER OF JOHN KILLEBREW OF JONES COUNTY. JOHN JARMAN DIED IN 1841 OR 1842. HIS WILL WAS PROBATED IN ONSLOW COURT IN 1842

SEVEN CHILDREN CAN BE IDENTIFIED:
BRADFORD JARMAN BORN ABOUT 1798
HARDY JARMAN BORN ABOUT 1800
THOMAS JARMAN BORN ABOUT 1805
JOB JARMAN BORN BEFORE 1810
SARAH JARMAN BORN ABOUT 1813
JOHN JARMAN BORN ABOUT 1816
LUKE JARMAN BORN ABOUT 1821

THIS IS SOME OF THE WRITING FROM THE BOOK
IF THIS IS ANY HELP I WILL GET U A BOOK AND SEND IT TO U. ROBERT.

Re: JOHN HILL JARMAN

Posted: 23 Jul 2001 3:16PM GMT
Edited: 15 Apr 2002 4:20AM GMT
Surnames: Jarman, Whaley, Batchelor
Hi Robert I just got back from Jacksonville,NC was told the name of the book was Heritage of Onslow Co. I looked everywhere and could not find this book. Is that the correct title? and where can I find it? Thanks in advance.

Re: North Carolina--Jarmans

Posted: 5 Dec 2001 5:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Jan 2004 5:06PM GMT
To Suzy Banks Batchelor:

Heritage of Onslow County should be found in any large genealogy library, or at the the library in Jacksonville, NC.
I have many photocopies of articles on family history in this book and it is chok full of info on Jarman families and those related. I can tell you most everyone in Onslow County whose families lived there more than one generation are related. It was, and is, a small county.

Jim Jarman

Re: North Carolina--Jarmans

Posted: 29 Sep 2003 4:35PM GMT
Surnames: jarman/german
dear donald i am of that line of nc jarmans/germans and i have traced that line to calvert and queen annes counties in maryland but that is as far as i have gotten i have found excellent documentaition on that line there is a gentleman by the name of david jarman here in nc that has all that documentation such as copies of their original will and obits im still very new to all of this but u can email me and i will help u as much as i can. other documents i have found would be a name that might be helpful to get u started again would be THOMAS SR.'S father which was born in onslow co. nc between 1774/1780. his name was robert jarman who married MARY MEAD abotu 1705 but nothing else is known about her.feel free to email me and i will try as much as i can to help you out as much as possible like i said im still new to this so i might not be much help but i will try to help you if you need it. thanks anyone else who has info. on these jarmans/germans please let me know.

Re: Jarman's in Onslow Co, NC

Posted: 9 Jun 2011 8:43PM GMT
Surnames: Jarman, Bostic, Brown
I am stuck and was wondering if you could help. I am looking for information on a Mary Jarman, mother of Daniel William Bostick. here is what I know.
Daniel William Bostic b. 20 Jun 1856, NC, d. 04 Sep 1940, SC (buried in Lydia Mills Cemetery, Clinton, Laurens, SC) his parents are James Bostick (no dates) & Mary A Jarman b. abt 1843 in NC. in 1860 I found Daniel and Mary Jarman living in Richlands, Onslow, NC (see below for census info) problem is......I can't find anything about James Bostick. I'm not even sure if him and Mary Jarman were ever married....I believe that Mary's mother's name is Susan Jarman (b. abt 1807) but I'm not positive. After this census I haven't found any info on Mary Jarman either...
1860 United States Federal Census
Name: Mary A Jarman
Age in 1860: 17
Birth Year: abt 1843
Birthplace: North Carolina
Home in 1860: Richlands, Onslow, North Carolina
Post Office: Haw Branch
Household Members:
Name Age
Wm Jarman 30
Mary A Jarman 17
Susan Jarman 53
Susan J Jarman 19
D W Bostick 4
I'm not sure when Daniel moved to South Carolina (but it was before 1900), or when he dropped the k at the end of Bostic. I do know he married Sallie "Sarah" Brown and they lived in Hunter, Laurens, SC....thats abot all I know. I have most of the descendents info, but no ancestors before Daniel.
thanks for your help!!!
Jenny
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions