Search for content in message boards

Szabo family from Szilagy, Hungary

Szabo family from Szilagy, Hungary

Susana Luka (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jan 2002 7:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Oct 2002 5:18AM GMT
Surnames: Luka, Szabo
My father was Gyorgy Luka. He was born in May 7, 1905.
My grandparents were Gaspar Luka and Zsuzsanna Szabo.
My aunts Rossika and Maria.

Please, if any people have information about them, let me know.

Re: Szabo family from Szilagy, Hungary

Jeanne Handman (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 2002 1:34AM GMT
Edited: 25 Nov 2002 2:01AM GMT
Surnames: Szabo, Sipos, Perdi
I recently starting searching my geneology. My mother was born in Budapest. She had a scrapbook with old photographs of her relatives from Hungary. I asked her to put the names on the pictures as I would not know who these people are. She passed away on May 24th. She only put the first names, unfortulately. I found a photo with the inscription "Imre, killed in WWI". No last name, of course. However, I found a photograph of his wife's gravestone with the name "Szabo". So I thought I would start looking for relatives of Imre Szabo. His wife's maiden name was Elizabeth Sipos. His wife's sister was Ilona Sipos. Ilona married a man named Stephan Perdi. If you think there might be a connection, please e-mail me and I will give you some more names.

Posted: 14 Sep 2006 4:36PM GMT
Surnames: Albert, Kasa, Imre, Hudak, Peter, Szabo
I just returned from old Szilagy Hungary, now Satu Mare Romania to visit family. Szabo Imre came to the USA with my great uncle Albert Ferencz in 1907. This may be the same man you are looking for. Have you located his passenger record on the ellis island website? I found it quite by accident when searching for my uncle. His name is spelled incorrectly, but both young men lived in the village of Akos at that time. Albert Ferencz married Szabo Zsuzsuanna & they had 3 children in the USA.

In your other post, you mention aunts named Rossika & Maria. Were their maiden names Szabo? Many Szabos are still living in Satu Mare & some are married to my Albert family there. I took pictures of some tombstones in Satu Mare, which frequently show the wifes maiden name & sometimes also the parents if they are buried there also. The bodies are stacked in the grave.

Posted: 13 Nov 2006 5:48PM GMT
Any relation to Ersebet Sipos (bn. 1890) who came to the U.S. on 10/31/1915 from Magyarlak, Hungary?

Susan

Jeanne Handman (View posts)
Posted: 13 Nov 2006 7:28PM GMT
My grandmother's name was Ilona Sipos. She made two trips to the United States before immigrating with my grandfather Istvan Perdi (Originally Toth-Perdi) and mom Margitt in 1922. My grandmother had a sister named Elizabeth (Elsie), who married Gyuri Szabo. Elizabeth did accompany my grandmother on one of her trips to the US. I do not speak or read Hungarian, so it is hard for me to do some of the research. I am getting the names from a photo album that my mother had. One time, I asked her to label the pictures so I would know who the people where. Unfortunately, in most cases she only put their first names. I obtained the Szabo name from a photograph of a headstone. I am at work right now, so I don't have all of the names. When I get home, I can add some and see if there is any connection.

Posted: 23 Dec 2007 9:50PM GMT
Surnames: Bornyasz, Nagy, Szabo, Dragos, Kessler, Riesinger
Not sure if this is related, but . .

I have a Maria Szabo b:abt1866 d: abt1946
married to:
Bertalan (Albert?) Nagy b:1864 d:1944
(I have picture of stone and grave, but no other information - trying to find information on either)
both stayed in Hungary -
had a large family, one was a daughter named:
Virag Flora (Florence?) Nagy

Virag Nagy b:1895 Domehida, Szatmar
immigrated in 1912 to Detroit - met/married
Istvan Bornyasz b:1886, Egri, Szatmar

Note: Domehida and Egri listed as residence on immigration - not confirmed that they were born there.

Post or email direct at designs@brensan.com

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions