Search for content in message boards

Re: Sanders & Bracken

Posted: 12 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Oct 2006 3:26PM GMT
Surnames: Bracken, Sanders
Can someone help me in finding information as to whom Margaret Bracken Sanders' husband was? She was named in her father's will, (Samuel Bracken in 1812) as Margaret Sanders. I would also like to know what was in the will. There was a Julius Sanders in 1800 Caswell Co. census. My ancestor, Julius Sanders, came from North Carolina to Fayette Co., KY and then on to Trigg County, Kentucky. Known children were: Jeremiah, Constant, Jane, Robert, Bracken, Nancy, Martha, John and James. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Posted: 7 Sep 2011 2:12AM GMT
I believe that we may have some connection. I need time to verify from some paper records that I have. Would greatly appreciate any information you might have on Julius and Margaret. My Great Great Grandfather was Robert which I believe was Juilus's son. He was born in 1803 in North Carolina and is buried in Calico Rock, Ark.

Posted: 10 Oct 2011 8:30PM GMT
Edited: 16 Aug 2013 2:45PM GMT
I have that Robert Sanders was born March 31, 1796 Caswell Co, NC and died Dec. 6, 1846 in Clinton Co., IL. He married Jane Dunn 11/12/1818 in Caldwell Co., KY. On Sept. 11, 1826 Robert Sanders of Caldwell Co. sold to Bracken Sanders (his brother) for $200 140 acres on Dry Fork of Eddy Creek(Ref. Caldwell Co., KY Deed Book E p. 33). He was in 1840 Clinton Co. IL census. Email me privately if you need more information: jeannielancaster42@yahoo.com

Posted: 7 Jun 2012 6:59AM GMT
Do you know if Julius was a brother of the Goolsby Sanders found in Caswell NC records around 1800? If they are indeed brothers, I have a theory about who their parents were.

Posted: 7 Jun 2012 12:35PM GMT
John Julius Sanders parents were Micheal Mitchell Sanders he was born 1751. his mother was Sushannh Corntassel and full blooded Cherokee they lived in Talking Rock Georgia. John Julius was my great- great Grandfather. One of his sona was Robert, his son was George, then Walter then my daddy Delbert and me

Posted: 7 Jun 2012 2:53PM GMT
Did you ever find if you have any connection to the Julius Sanders family in Trigg Co., KY? You stated your Robert Sanders died in Calico Rock, Ark. and I had our Robert as dying in 1846 in Clinton Co., IL. I have not been able to connect to any Sanders in Caswell Co., NC. Julius married Margaret Bracken and I've found a number of records connecting these two families in Caswell Co., NC. However, on the Sanders family - I've run into a brick wall. Hoping you can help.

Posted: 9 Apr 2013 9:49PM GMT
Surnames: Corntassel sanders bracken brackin saunders
Dare I hope you have a paper trail proving this?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions