Search for content in message boards

Obit of Col. James H. Henson

Obit of Col. James H. Henson

Bob Hasty (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2004 5:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Henson Hasty
The following is the obit of my Gr Grandfather. It is from about 1925. I don't know what paper it came from. I only have a copy of it. If any of these names are familiar, please let me know.

In Memory of Col. James H. Henson

Col. J.H. Henson was born Dec. 14, 1837, was 88 yrears and 7 months old at the time of his death which occurred Friday July 2(unreadable) the home of his daughter Mrs. Rosa Green in Iron City, Ga. He was a member of the Odd Fellows lodge No 113 of Pine Log, Ga. He fought thru the civil war. He married Barbara Matilda Fowler of Cherokee county in 1865. Unto this union were born nine children, six girls and three boys. He professed a hope in Christ 36 years ago at Macedonia church in (unreadable)onee county and ten years later joined the church at Oak Hill church in Bartow county.

Bro. Bud Sheffield, who received him into the church, conducted the funeral service amid a large gathering of relatives and friends.

His favorite songs, "Hold to God's Unchanging Hand," "Look How this World Has Made a Change," and "I Feel Like Traveling On" made us feel sure as they were sung at the funeral, that grandpa is at rest. In his dying moments he raised his hands pointing upward , making it known to those who were watching him that he was going home. His wife having gone on 16 years ago. He leaves one brother and two sisters, besides his own children, Mrs. Rosa Green, Mrs Josie Hasty, Mrs. Lucy Perry, Mrs. Lillie Turner, Mrs. Sallie Striplin, J.T., J.W. and W.B. Henson and 80 grand children and great grand children.

When our days on earth are o'er,
And we rest on yonder shore (unreadable)
May we all see gandpa's face (unreadable)
Who has gone on berfore (unreadable)
His Granddaughter(unreadable)
Addie Perry (unreadable)

Re: Obit of Col. James H. Henson

Posted: 18 Mar 2005 5:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Jul 2005 5:06AM GMT
Surnames: fowler, Henson, Carmichael
There is a Barbara Matilda Fowler who married a James Henson in Cherokee County. James died in the Mullins district of Cherokee in 1837. The parents of Barbara are John Fowler and Elizabeth Carmichael.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic