Search for content in message boards

Mckee-James&Nancy of Pontiac ILL./Amity Twp,Livingston Co.

Mckee-James&Nancy of Pontiac ILL./Amity Twp,Livingston Co.

Greg Scheele (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jan 2005 2:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McKee
My Mckee's are James & Nancy Starrett McKee from Ohio. They lived in Pontiac ILLinios./ Amity twp of Livingston Co.
James & Nancy had these children (dob estimated) that I Know of from cenus records of 1860-70
James----------- 1813-Ohio
Nancy----------- 1821-Ohio
Samuel W----- 1843-Ohio
Thomas H ----- 1845-Ohio
Sarah J --------- 1847-Ohio
Martha A ------- 1849-Ohio
John -------------- 1851-Ohio
Margaret -------- 1853-Ohio
Caroline -------- 1860-ILLinios
James Lincoln July 12 1863 Pontiac ILL.
Robert ----------- 1863-ILLinios
James Lincoln moved on to Tecumseh,Neb m an Olive Amanda Stevens on Sept 16 1890.
Any info would be greatly appreciated
Greg Scheele

Re: Mckee-James&Nancy of Pontiac ILL./Amity Twp,Livingston Co.

Terri McKee (View posts)
Posted: 9 Apr 2005 9:38PM GMT
Hi, Greg,
I have a photograph taken probably late 1800's, early 1900's that had this handwritten caption on the back "McKee family at Grandad McKee's funeral, taken at Pontiac, Illinois." Identifies the following people in the picture: Lincoln, Snider (which I assume is the sister's married name), Tom (who is my grgrgrandfather), John, Bob, Sam, and Cal Lorence. Do you think these might be some of James and Nancy's children? I would appreciate any info you have!
Thanks,
Terri McKee

George McKee, Ancona, Illinois

Posted: 31 May 2012 1:50AM GMT
Surnames: McKee
I have a civil war photo of a man wearing a uniform with what I think are 1st Lt. bars. It was in my g-grandfather's album. I think it is probably a 1st Lt. from Illinois Regt 33, Co. F. My g-grandfather, George W. Arman, and his brother Phillip were both in that company. One of the 1st Lieutenants was George McKee, from Ancona.

If you have pictures of family of this man that may help to id the photo, I'll be happy to e-mail it to you. He doesn't fit the enlistment description of George McKee very well, though.

Martha Murphy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions