Search for content in message boards

Grigsby

Grigsby

Gregg Miller (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Grigsby, Tuffin
Looking for info on Kate's family. Kate moved with her husband, George Tuffin, to Canada about 1882.

Name Kate Grigsby
Born 28 Dec 1852 Maidstone, Kent, England
Baptized
Died 18 Mar 1950 London, Ontario
Buried 21 Mar 1950 Wesley UC Cem, Thamesford, Ont.
Husband: George (Gordon) Baverstock Tuffin

Married: 14 Nov 1880

Kate Grigsby

Pat Tuffin (View posts)
Posted: 24 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
I have a large database of Tuffins etc, which includes an entry for George(Gordon) Baverstock (Barestock) Tuffin's wedding (his second) to Kate Grigsby and their children, grandchildren etc. One of the branches ends in a Greg Miller, b NK, son of Jack Ernest Miller and Lilian Darch Atril. If this is you, I would appreciate any info you could give me on your branches of the tree. I would be pleased to pass on the whole database to you if you would like - you can then prune out the branches you don't need.
Please let me know, by e-mail, if you want the info, and whether you want it in GEDCOM or FTW format.
Regards

Re: Grigsby

Posted: 20 Jul 2011 3:21AM GMT
Surnames: Tuffin, Turbyne, Guild
Looking for information on my family.
My father George Guild Tuffin, born October 8, 1920 in London Ontario - still living in Toronto
My mother Eunice Mae Chapman, born 1921 in London Ontario
Married December 13, 1944. Died Naples Florida, April 11, 1981.
His father Arthur Tuffin, died during WW11, buried in Thamesford Ontario with his brother George Tuffin and his father, George Tuffin and other family members. Arthur married Annie Guild Turbyne from Scotland.
My father was their only child.
Do you think this is the family of Kate Grigsby and George (Gordon) Baverstock Tuffin?

Posted: 22 Jul 2011 1:21AM GMT
Just had a conversation with my father George Tuffin. Seems we are descendents of Kate and George. I have some information about the other children of this union if you are still interested. I am not amember of ancestry yet but I hope you can post a response to this message board.
Posted: 20 Mar 2013 1:08PM GMT
Surnames: Grigsby, Tuffin
Hello...I am a descendant of George Tuffin and Kate Grigsby.
Please post a reply
Cheers
Posted: 20 Mar 2013 1:24PM GMT
Surnames: Hunter,Tuffin,Grigsby
Hello...I am a descendent of George Tuffin and Kate Grigsby.
Although I am not aware of how we connect, my George and Kate are buried at Thamesford.
As Tuffin is a one family name I can assume there is a relationship here.
My grandmother Jessie (Hunter) and sister Lilly (atril)were born to George Tuffin and Kate Kate Grigsby in Dorset England.
1880s.

Re: Kate Grigsby

Posted: 20 Mar 2013 1:30PM GMT
Surnames: Hunter,Tuffin,Grigsby
Hello...George Tuffin and Kate Grigsby were my Great Grandparents. I have not researched them to any great depth but would be pleased to have any data that you might have concerning them.
If there is anything I can offer you please ask.
Cheers
Gary Hunter..London Ontario Canada.

Re: Kate Grigsby

Posted: 27 Mar 2013 2:04PM GMT
I believe I am a descendent of Kate and George Tuffin. I would love a copy of your Tuffin history and will gladly add all information I have on our branch. Please contact me at this email address. Thanks.
Jan Greenwood (Tuffin)

Posted: 31 Mar 2013 9:34AM GMT
Surnames: grigsby
Hi....do you know the names of Kates parents.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic