Search for content in message boards

Hollmans from Diepholz to Nebraska 1850's

Hollmans from Diepholz to Nebraska 1850's

Posted: 15 Nov 2002 5:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Feb 2003 7:52AM GMT
Surnames: Hollman/Wilke
Looking for family of Hermann Hollmann, b. Oct 23,1831 in Diepholz, Prussia. He came to America in 1854 with a brother, William. They eventually settled in Kramer, Lancaster County, Nebraska. Some references also give the town of Mariendrebber, Prussia. Herman's mother's name was Sophie Wilke. There is also reference to a brother, Bernard as having come to this country and maybe a fourth brother. In an article about William's marriage to Sophie Kramer in Lancaster County, NE, it says that a sister, Caroline Ostman , was present. Her name might have been Orthman. Would like to find more ancesters in Germany. Would be glad to exchange information.

Re: Hollmans from Diepholz to Nebraska 1850's

Posted: 24 Feb 2009 3:46PM GMT
I have information on a Dina Hollmann which immigrated to Nebraska. She was married to an Othling who also comes from Diepholz.

I think there are three parishes in Diepholz.
Mariendrebber
Jacobidrebber
Diepholz

Please reply and tell me your mail so I can send you a mail to discuss this further. I don't have many information my self but know where you can get them or I am eventually able to get them for you .I am living about 1 hour drive from Diepholz.

Posted: 25 Feb 2009 4:34PM GMT
Surnames: Hollman, Orthman
I was very excited to get your response to my message. I don't know of a Dina Hollman that came to Nebraska but have found a Dina Hollman who came with her parents and two sisters in 1832 to one of the New England states (Massachusetts, I think). I am fairly sure she was related to my Hollman family.

There was a Anna Margaretha Caroline Hollman who married an August Heinrich Orthman in Germany and they came to the states in the early 1860's to New Jersey and then on to Nebraska befor 1870. She was a sister to my greatgreatgrandfather, Herman Hollman.

I know that the ancestors that I have found were christened in Mariendrebber.

I would love to find more about the family in Germany. I would be very grateful for whatever information you have or any help in finding someone who can help.

My email is auntnital@yahoo.com

Sincerely
Anita

Posted: 6 May 2012 10:44PM GMT
If you still need help, I have worked with Diepholz area historian/genealogist Falk Liebezeit for years. He specializes in Diepholz and Mariendrebber records.
http://www.falk-liebezeit.de/english.html

John Groweg

Posted: 7 May 2012 1:55AM GMT
Surnames: Hollman
Hi, John,
We corresponded sometime ago, you sent me pictures of the churches in the area where my Hollman ancestors came from. I can't remember if you are the one I corresponded with regarding the Holle farm. I think it was you but it was a while ago.
I do need some help. I tried sending an email to Falk Liebeseit after you suggested it but never heard back. I am on a vacation right now and should be back at home later this week. I would really like to find more about the Hollman family in Germany.

Thanks,
Anita Lampila
per page

Find a board about a specific topic