Search for content in message boards

Family of Samuel B. Schein and Fannie Taylor

Family of Samuel B. Schein and Fannie Taylor

Posted: 22 Sep 2009 7:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Schein
All,
I am trying to find closure. I have an Aunt Janet G. Schein, but do not know her married name, nor do I know her children, my 1st cousins. Samuel B. Schein was my grandfather, whom I never met, but I did meet my paternal grandmother, Fannie Taylor Schein. I believe they lived in NYC area. I was born in Westchester County in 1951. My name is Constance Schein Spearman. My father's name was Robert Milton Schein.

Re: Family of Samuel B. Schein and Fannie Taylor

Posted: 22 Sep 2009 8:34PM GMT
if you can get the dod for either gparents , then you can look up an obit whcih will probably give married name of aunt and location .

Posted: 22 Sep 2009 8:42PM GMT
The father is Samuel B. Schein, but he past before Janet and my father married, I think. Fannie passed in 1970. Maybe I can gain access that way? Thanks for your help.

Constance Schein-Spearman

Posted: 20 Oct 2009 12:39AM GMT
My name is Steven Blackman. My grandfather was A.L. Schein a pharmacist who owned a pharmacy on 79th & Broadway in Manhattan, and his wife, Florence, my grandmother was a Schien through marrage.
They had two daughters: Arline Schein, my mother and Rene Schein, my Aunt. Their son was Howard Shein.
Arline Schien was my mother, her name changed to Blackman after marrying my father, Seymour Blackman (We all lived in New Jersey) Renee married a Bogdanof and Howard, who retained the Schein name (also a pharmacist) married and had a son Bobby who extended the Schein name.
All of the above people are now deceased except for my father Seymour Blackman now 87 and his 2 sons and perhaps Howard who is about the same age as my father.
I also believe that the connection is not "Taylor" it's Tharler or Tharlor
does this help you

Posted: 20 Oct 2009 12:42AM GMT
That was A. L. Schein... Sorry for the typo.

Posted: 20 Oct 2009 8:53PM GMT
any luck?

Fannie SCHEIN (this from the mormon site-maybe your gmother???)
Birth Date: 15 Jan 1891
Death Date: Jan 1970
Social Security Number: 082-01-4961
State or Territory Where Number Was Issued: New York

Death Residence Localities
ZIP Code: 11364
Localities: Flushing, Queens, New York
Oakland Gardens, Queens, New York

Posted: 20 Oct 2009 9:09PM GMT
1920 United States Federal Census
about Samuel B Schein dry goods salesman
Name: Samuel B Schein
Home in 1920: Pittsburgh Ward 14, Allegheny, Pennsylvania
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1890
Birthplace: Russia
Relation to Head of House: Head
Spouse's Name: Fannie B
Father's Birth Place: Russia
Mother's Birth Place: Russia
Marital Status: Married
Race: White
Sex: Male
Home owned: Rent
Year of Immigration: 1896 and NA.
Able to read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes
Image: 946
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Samuel B Schein 30
Fannie B Schein 27
Milton R Schein 8/12 your Father
Janet G Schein 4 6/12 your Aunt
Elizebeth Taylor 47 (mother in law divorced imm1891 nurse)
born russia c1873

View
Original
Record

View original image
View blank form

Source Citation: Year: 1920;Census Place: Pittsburgh Ward 14, Allegheny, Pennsylvania; Roll T625_1522; Page: 4A; Enumeration District: 549; Image: 946.

Source Information:

Ancestry.com. 1920 United States Federal Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2009. Images reproduced by FamilySearch.
For details on the contents of the film numbers, visit the following NARA web page: NARA.

Note: Enumeration Districts 819-839 on roll 323 (Chicago City)

Original data: Fourteenth Census of the United States, 1920; (National Archives Microfilm Publication T625, 2076 rolls); Records of the Bureau of the Census, Record Group 29; National Archives, Washington, D.C.

Description:
This database is an index to individuals enumerated in the 1920 United States Federal Census, the Fourteenth Census of the United States. It includes all states and territories, as well as Military and Naval Forces, the Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam, and the Panama Canal Zone. The census provides many details about individuals and families including: name, gender, age, birthplace, year of immigration, mother tongue, and parents’ birthplaces. In addition, the names of those listed on the population schedule are linked to actual images of the 1920 Federal Census. Learn more...
Page Tools

Report Image Problem
View printer-friendly

Posted: 20 Oct 2009 9:15PM GMT
i checked a nyc death index up to 1948 and samuel wasn't there. If born b4 your birth he may passed in 1949 or 1950.
you could fcontact the vital records dept for a death cert.
Maybe someone here can do a lookup.

his wife died jan 1970 so an obit should be available.

Posted: 20 Oct 2009 9:21PM GMT
You are the best and I appreciate this so much. Father kept this quiet most of his life due to his marriage to my mother. I never met my Aunt Janet. How can I obtain an orbit on my grandmother? I don't know where she was buried. Do you have a number I can call in NYC for this?

Again, thank you.
Connie

Posted: 24 Oct 2009 8:19PM GMT
per page

Find a board about a specific topic