Search for content in message boards

Mulligans in Pembroke

Mulligans in Pembroke

Posted: 14 Jan 2005 4:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mulligan, Thornton, Montgomery
I am searching for decendants of Daniel Mulligan (abt. 1817 Ireland) & Isabela Thornton (abt. 1825 England). Children include James(1848),Mary(1850), Rose Ann(1852), John, Isabela, Daniel, Catherine, Thomas, Jane and Sarah. All born in Canada.

I am decendant of Daniel and & Isabella's son Daniel T. (1859-1929). who married Annie E. Montgomery (1865-1925), their son Giles Henry (1898 in Pembroke -1968 Wayne, Michigan) is my grandfather.

Anyone with info about them please contact me

Re: Mulligans in Pembroke

Patti MacKinnon (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2005 5:55AM GMT
Surnames: Mulligan
IN regards to the decendants of Daniel Mulligan (abt. 1817 Ireland) & Isabela Thornton (abt. 1825 England). Children include James(1848) married Mary Lafrance and they had Joseph and Bella;
Mary(1850)Married an man who's last name was Monk;
(Family moved to Canada)
Rose Ann(1852), married an man named Foreman and that was annulled and then married a Lamaire ;
Isabella married a ST.Lawrence riverboat Captain "Mills"-no kids;
Catherine married Jim McCool, and they had Daniel, Lawrence, Annie, Herbert, and AnnaMary;
Daniel married a Montgomery: see below;
John married Sarah Brennan from Allumette Island. They had Isabella, Kate, Daniel, Dick, Leonard, Ellie ans 3 stillborn;
Thomas married Aggie Howard from Allumette Island, they had Annie, Ken, Howard, Hall, Gertie, Dorothy;
Jane and Sarah. All born in Canada.

With Daniel and Isabella I also have an Annie born between Mary and Rose Ann, she was born, died and was buried at sea on the trip over to Canada. There was also a Bridgitt who married a Quebec man named Laundry, and they had Dan, Isabella, Maggie, Mary.

I am decendant of Daniel and & Isabella's son Daniel T. also, but in the info that I was given, Daniel born in Pembroke, married Liza Montgomery, (a convert) Liza may have been a second name. They had Thornton who was my grandfather and who married Annie Brooks from England;
Sarah Jane was a maiden;
Zetha married Loius McLennan and they had Bessie, Earl, Jpyce, Lois, Stanton, Colleen;
Wellington who lived in Sudbury, On and married Muriel Huckabone and they had Shirley;
Giles married and divorced Babe Beale, then married Margaret Talford and lived in Detroit, they had Micheal and Giles Jr;
Theodus married a lady named Elenore? and they lived in Detroit also and had Robert, Allen, and Donald

Does any of this extra info help at all???

Suzanne McCool Moskal (View posts)
Posted: 13 Nov 2006 12:51AM GMT
Edited: 22 Nov 2006 1:24PM GMT
Surnames: Mulligan, McCool, Montgomery, MacDonald
Correction: Charles James McCool known as James married Catherine Mulligan. They had 5 sons and 2 daughters. Sons were Daniel J, Francis, Charles James, John (aka Jack) and Lawrence (aka Lornie), Ann Mary and Isabell, Both girls died young.
Herbert and Anna Mary were 2 of several children of Daniel J and his wife Sarah (Sadie) Montgomery MacDonald not children of James and Catherine.

Posted: 21 Nov 2006 1:37AM GMT
Hey, another question: Do you have more info on Annie Montgomery. Place of birth etc.

Kevin Mulligan (View posts)
Posted: 21 Nov 2006 2:58AM GMT
Surnames: Mulligan, Montgomery
1. DANIEL MULLIGAN2 JR. (DANIEL MULLIGAN1 SR.) was born 31 Aug 1859 in Pembroke, Ontario, Canada1, and died 1929 in Pembroke, Ontario, Canada2. He married ANNIE ELIZABETH MONTGOMERY 14 Oct 1885 in St. Columbkille Church, Pembroke, Ontario, daughter of JOHN MONTGOMERY born about 1845, Ireland and SARA MONTGOMERY born about 1847 Ireland. She was born 11 Jan 1865 in Ireland, and died 1925 in Pembroke, Ontario, Canada.
More About DANIEL MULLIGAN JR.:

Baptism: 17 Jul 1860, St. Columbkille Church, Pembroke, Ontario3

More About ANNIE ELIZABETH MONTGOMERY:
Baptism: 10 Oct 1885, St. Columbkille Church, Pembroke, Ontario4
Naturalization: 1876
Children of DANIEL JR. and ANNIE MONTGOMERY are:
i. THOMAS THORTON3 MULLIGAN, b. 02 Nov 1886, Pembroke, Ontario; d. 1946, Sudbury, Ontario.
ii. SARAH J. MULLIGAN, b. 10 Feb 1889, Pembroke, Ontario.
iii. ZETA ISABELLA MULLIGAN, b. 18 Oct 1891, Pembroke, Ontario.
iv. LEONARD DANIEL MULLIGAN, b. Sep 1894, Pembroke, Ontario; d. Nov 1894, Pembroke, Ontario.

More About LEONARD DANIEL MULLIGAN:
Burial: 12 Nov 1894, St. Columbkille Church, Pembroke, Ontario5

v. JOSEPH JAMES WELLINGTON MULLIGAN, b. 24 Nov 1895, Pembroke, Ontario; d. 1963, Sudbury, Ontario.
vi. GILES HENRY MULLIGAN, b. 01 Sep 1898, Pembroke, Ontario; d. 11 Aug 1968, Wayne, Michigan.
vii. ALEXANDER THEODUS MULLIGAN, b. 1902, Pembroke, Ontario; d. Abt. 1940, Wayne, MI.

I have more info on dependents if anyone is interested.

Children of JOHN MONTGOMERY and SARA MONTGOMERY are:
i. ANNIE ELIZABETH3 MONTGOMERY, b. 11 Jan 1865, Ireland; d. 1925, Pembroke, Ontario, Canada.
ii. ALEXANDREW MONTGOMERY, b. Abt. 1870, Ireland.
iii. JOHNY MONTGOMERY, b. Abt. 1872, Ireland.
iv. WILLIAM MONTGOMERY, b. Abt. 1875, Ontario.
v. SARIAH MONTGOMERY, b. Abt. 1879, Ontario.
vi. MARRY MONTGOMERY, b. Jul 1881, Ontario.

Posted: 27 Jun 2012 4:05PM GMT
I am looking for a thread before Michael McCool and Maria Flanigan from Cullionboy, County Donegal in Ireland.
I am in Pembroke as well.
Do you have any information on that part of the McCool clan ?
Please get in touch if you do.

Cheers
Neil O'Connor
per page

Find a board about a specific topic