Search for content in message boards

fry's in TN., MO., AR., and NM., that about covers it..

fry's in TN., MO., AR., and NM., that about covers it..

Posted: 27 Feb 2003 11:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 May 2005 9:41PM GMT
Surnames: fry, bolin, thomas, heath, wehunt, yarbrough, simpson, harlan, alward, thurman, johnson, east, haley, motl, king, james, shriver, wolfrom, dubbs, and others...
Well I just thought I might trying posting again after all these years...

I have alot of Fry's and haven't yet broke the code.

Tarlton Fry born abt. 1800 in Va, or SC
married Naomi Bolin (that's one spelling), in TN.

first child Mary born in Warren County TN. in 1828-29
next child Micca born in MO, several other children born there, Joseph, George and James, also Lucinda and Clementine, then they moved to Arkansas were they had Sarah Elizabeth, the paretns raised the children of the oldest girl Mary they were.. Jershua and Frances Thomas the father was Henry Thomas. I have marriage info for most of the children and many of there children... what I'd like to know is the parents for Tarlton and Naomi! I have land records for Tarlton in Arkansas and in Tenn. and census info for 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Thanks Stacey

Re: fry's in TN., MO., AR., and NM., that about covers it..

PATTY (View posts)
Posted: 19 Dec 2003 4:40AM GMT
HI, PLEASE RESPOND TO MY EMAIL ADDRESS AS I SELDOM GET TO THE MSG. BOARD....MY GR-MO IS ELLA MAE SLATE (BARNES) AND HER TWIN SISTER WAS NELLIE SLATE...THEIR MOTHER WAS
LUCINDA OZELLA FRY--SLATE... THEY LIVED IN HUNTINGTON, FT. SMITH ARK AREA. ANY INFO YOU CAN SHARE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. I DO HAVE SOME SOME INFO ON ALL THE BROTHERS OF
MY GR-GM LUCINDA FRY--SLATE ... PLEASE CONTACT ME AT PUNKISPET AT AOL.COM THANK YOU.

Posted: 19 Dec 2003 5:37AM GMT
Edited: 14 May 2005 9:41PM GMT
Surnames: Fry, Thomas, Heath, Bolin
I did reply to your email... at your aol address.. for those reading this board that want to keep up with what is going on.. I think this Lucinda is likely another of the children of Tarlton and Naomi Fry. Stacey

Posted: 30 Apr 2008 4:18PM GMT
Hi my mame ms Trini McKee Harper. Jerusha Thomas was my great grandmother. I don't know why Tarlton and Naomi raised Mary and Henrys children, Still looking into that,
Tarlton's father and mother was Henry Padgett aka Fry and Rebecca Elizabeth Baker and Henrys parents were William Padgett and Mary Priestly. Still trying to find out what I can on Henry and Mary, like what happened to them. I hope I was some help. Please e-mail me at Harpermckee@yahoo.com if you have any questions.

Posted: 2 May 2008 2:42AM GMT
Surnames: Fry, Bolin, Thomas, Southern, Shuler, Heath, Davis, Lunsford, Howard, Guinn
Howdy and Thanks for the email. Tarlton Fry's father was likely NOT Henry Fry Padget, in fact the origanal submitter of that information more then 10 years ago was a gentle man by the name of Ed Frye he has many posts, after conntacting all the sources I could find, I finally found the origanal submitter, at that time Ed was too sick to write me back and his sweet wife was kind enough to fill me in. Ed whom listed this info based on the fact that Tarlton and Henry are in the county of the 1830 census of Missouri, made Ed suspect that Henry was his Dad, but there is not onther known link. I went to St. Francious County in Missouri maybe and as a reasearcher I can tell you I found nothing not even on Rebecca Bakers parents property nor deeds, not in the family cemtaries either. I spent time in the county court house, the libraries and talk to the old timers, nothing leads to a relationship between Henry and Tarlton. It is my opion after 20 years research that if a connection exsists they are lilely cousins or at closet Uncle and Nephew. Ed no longer believes in the connection either. I did ask his wife why he hadn't removed it, she worte back and stated that NO one had ever asked to copy Ed's work nor finding, nor asked for his sources, until me ... so he didn't feel he should undertake trying to fix it. As for Jershua, well I think I can answer those questions as well. I'll put that in my next email. Stacey~ My research with Tarlton is "documenting" me back to an old Virgina Fry family. I have also tracked down male living decendents for Tarlton Fry's DNA test which should happen this summer. Stacey~

Posted: 2 May 2008 2:55AM GMT
Surnames: Fry, Bolin, Heath, Shuler, Guinn, Davis, Lunsford, Thomas, Howard
Surnames: Fry, Bolin, Thomas, Southern, Shuler, Heath, Davis, Lunsford, Howard, Guinn
Howdy and Thanks for the email. Tarlton Fry's father was likely NOT Henry Fry Padget, in fact the origanal submitter of that information more then 10 years ago was a gentleman by the name of Ed Frye he has many posts, after conntacting all the sources I could find, I finally found the origanal submitter, at that time Ed was too sick to write me back and his sweet wife was kind enough to fill me in.

Ed whom listed this info based on the fact that Tarlton and Henry are in the county of the 1830 census of Missouri's 1830 census, made Ed suspect that Henry was Tarlton's Dad, but there is not any other known link.

I went to St. Francious County in Missouri maybe 8 years ago and as a reasearcher I can tell you I found nothing not even on Rebecca Bakers parents property, ole homestead house still standing, nor in deeds, not in the family cemtaries either. I spent time in the county court house, the libraries and talk to the old timers, nothing leads to a relationship between Henry and Tarlton. It is my opinion based on the trip and after 20 years research that if a connection exsists they are likely cousins or at closet Uncle and Nephew. Ed no longer believes in the connection either.

I did ask his wife why he hadn't removed it, she worte back and stated that NO one had ever asked to copy Ed's work nor finding, nor asked for his sources, until me ... so he didn't feel he should undertake trying to fix it.

As for Jershua, well I think I can answer those questions as well. I'll put that in my next email. Stacey~

My research with Tarlton is "documenting" me back to an old Virgina Fry family. I have also tracked down male living decendents for Tarlton Fry's DNA test which should happen this summer. Stacey~

Naomi Bolin Tarlton's wife is probably part of the Bolin color mess that's another problem seems Naomi told her chilren she was an Indian Princess and her Great Great .. Grandmother is Pocahonas. This has also not been confirmed! But shows more documentation that it is true then the Tarlton/Henry opinion.

Posted: 2 May 2008 3:20AM GMT
Surnames: Fry, Bolin, Thomas, Heath,
The 1st reply back to you came out all messed up so I posted it again and it looked right the second time.. weird! Anyway as for Jershua.

Mary Fry Thomas, Tarlton Fry and Naomi's oldest daughter, married Henry Thomas of Georgia. It is known that they had two daughters. Jershua and Nancy, though the girls show different 1st names, Mary and Frances on the census's at times. The reason for this is the Fry women are generally named for a grandmother or mother and so they go by there middle names.

Tarlton Fry shows the girls living with him on the 1860 census, because in the 1860 mortality sche. It shows Henry Thomas dead by accidental shooting. It appears that Mary Fry Thomas was the shootee. It's likley that a Judge may have sent Mary to a work house, satitarium or a prison to serve time and that her parents had the children during this time. They often sentenced healthy women to places where they could do some good.

Anyway Mary is return to her children and family, by Feb 1870 because she is on the 1870 mortality Sche. she died of an infectious disease, that she probably contracted while serving her time. Her family is in Sebastain county by this time.

I took an rv trip there last spring and looked through all the old court docutments and newspapers, even walked the cemetaries, I saw most of the family Fry plots as well.

The old west wasn't always fair nor grand. Poor Mary, I think she likley got an unfair ending. Stacey~

Posted: 2 May 2008 3:13PM GMT
I live in Hackett Arkansas, George Fry and his family are here and Sarah Southern and Naomi Fry. John Southern is in Poteau Oklahoma. I was quit surprised to find that I had family buried here where I live and I have been here almost all my life.

Posted: 3 May 2008 12:01AM GMT
Surnames: Fry, Bolin, Heath, Thomas, Wehunt
Your sooo lucky, I wish we had shared emails a year ago before I came there, we could have done lunch! My lines on both side run through Arkansas. Mostly Polk and Montgomery counties, until the Fry's moved to Sebastian County. I found research there easy and very helpful people! Have you ever been visited by cousins? My Grandmother use to go back and visit kin when she was still living. Elsie Fry Thomas, was her name, she use to go to the family reunions in Freedom, just south from Hackett alot of the Fry clan are buried there. I saw George's grave on my trip, and James, I also found some of the girls, Micca (Mickey), and Clementine. Anyway it was a very worth while excursion and the weather was to die for the 3 weeks we were there. I lived 5 years in Springfield Missouri and never got down that way, now I can't believe that I didn't. So give me your connection again? here's mine..

Tarlton, James, William, Elsie, Steve, Stacey "that's me"! Do you have any straight line male Fry decendants that would be willing to do the dna? It's just a q-tip in the mouth swab, no blood! I have one through a cousin, I think more then one would be nice though. My direct line can't because of Elsie, has to be an all boy line.Father to son.

I've been doing gen since I was a child, now I teach classes. It's my passion.Last months class was naturalization records, this month is land records. I love tracking down things!

Stacey~

Posted: 3 May 2008 12:13AM GMT
Surnames: Fry, Bolin, Southern,
I knew John was supoosed to be in Oklahoma and Sarah and Naomi in Sebastain. I did find George's grave and George's wife, Priclla but I couldn't find headstones for Sarah nor Naomi, in the same cemetary. There were some obvious indentations in the ground, next to George but no legible headstones.

The town constable/Mayor and his wife were there the day I was (Arkansas, cemetary day) something we don't have out west so I'd never heard of a Cemetary Day. But, I got to have a nice conversation with them about the cemetary however he said there were no kept records and therefore he couldn't give me further info on the graves next to George's.

Do you know where Sarah and Naomi are buried? That's one photo I didn't get.

Stacey ~
per page

Find a board about a specific topic