Search for content in message boards

Hannibal Hayes the Outlaw

Hannibal Hayes the Outlaw

Posted: 29 Aug 2000 5:58PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jun 2002 2:33AM GMT
Does anyone have any info on Hannibal Hayes the outlaw?

Re: Hannibal Hayes the Outlaw

Posted: 5 Jul 2002 2:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
My dad has alot of stories about him. His wife was my greatgrandmothers' sister. They met in Indiana, but I'm told they lived in White county, Illinois for a bit before settling in southern Missouri. His son was born in Dexter, Mo. They both played the fiddle

Posted: 5 Jul 2002 2:22AM GMT
I've been doing way too many family branches!!!!!!!! I have so many Martha's in the family. Hannibals' wife name was Margaret. That's what they called her. It was my great grandmothers' sister who married Lowe in Indiana and moved to White county Illinois and then onto southern Missouri. Hannibal was known for his fiddle playing among many other things.

Eileen (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jul 2002 11:36PM GMT
Have you ever talked to a Roxanne Thompson? You can reach me ttripton416@earthlink.net. I really want to hear all those great stories. We have a few as well.

Dee Hayes Johnson (View posts)
Posted: 25 Dec 2003 8:41PM GMT
Surnames: Hayes Mills Elder
I have wondered about Hannibal Hayes the outlaw. My great grandfather was named Josiah Hannibal Hayes and was in the WBTS. On one census record it showed his birthplace as Ohio. I think I'm not having much luck looking for Josiah since many records are simply Jos. which could be Joseph or Josiah. And, maybe he did just use the name Hannibal....such a unique name that there probably were not too many Hayeses with that name.
Do you have any records that would tie to Arkansas or N. Mississippi or any of his marriages?
Actually I thought Hannibal Hayes was a made-up TV name and it's fun to find that he was a real person. (of course, my mother-in-law told me once that she was related to "James Bond" and she really did mean the movie character.....)
Thanks for any clues.
Dee

janice (View posts)
Posted: 28 Dec 2003 7:09PM GMT
In response to Hannibal Hays, he was my great uncle. He married my great grandmothers' sister, Grace Margaret Brown.
Email me direct. polrbear@semo.net
I will be gone for about 2 weeks but will get back with you asap.
Janice
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions