Search for content in message boards

Farmville Virginia

Farmville Virginia

Posted: 14 Sep 2012 4:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Does anybody have access tothe local newspaper/s in Farmville VA? I would appreciate any help with 2 obits. One is for Floyd Thompson died March 9, 1967.
And the other is for Powhatan Thompson died Dec 30, 1934.
Any help down there in Prince Edward County for me?
Thank you.

Re: Farmville Virginia

Posted: 15 Sep 2012 2:00PM GMT
I don't know where you are located, but I believe the Library of Virginia Has copies. Also check this Library Of Congress web page to find libraries that may have what you're looking for:

http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/search/titles/

I need to go to the Library of Virginia today or Monday to return some books. If I have time I'll see what I can find.

Posted: 15 Sep 2012 5:19PM GMT
Would appreciate it. I live in Pennsylvania. I did try the one website but they didn't have those dates.
Thank you

Posted: 18 Sep 2012 11:45PM GMT
I went to the Library of Virginia yesterday, but the issues for the dates you gave are not on the microfilm.

Try this link to Greenwood Library at Longwood College in Farmville:

http://readpac.longwood.edu/search~S0?/tFarmville+Herald/tfa...

I have been there myself and know they have many of the Farmville Herald issues on microfilm. If you contact them, they may loan the reel you need to your local library (if they have it).

Joe Neagle

Posted: 22 Sep 2012 1:01AM GMT
Surnames: Thompson
I went to Library of Virginia again today. I realized I didn't check the dates after the death date for Floyd Thompson. I found his obit. The Farmville Herald was a bi-weekly publication in 1967. That's why those dates were missing. They don't exist. My mistake. If you will send me your e-mail adress, I will send you a copy.

Joe Neagle
Mechanicsville, VA
jmneagle.1@verizon.net

Posted: 30 Sep 2012 4:33PM GMT
Hey, this is Cindy Pelfrey. Thank you so much for finding the obit. I sent you an email, just wondering if you got it. My computer was not working for a couple weeks.

Posted: 30 Sep 2012 9:29PM GMT
I got it. I've misplaced the flash drive that the obit is on. I will send it to you as soon as I locate it.

Posted: 30 Sep 2012 11:44PM GMT
Oh thank you sooo much. Do you know if the paper was around in 1934 (Powhatan) and in 1941 (his wife)? Can't wait for obit, so excited.

Posted: 1 Oct 2012 1:27AM GMT
Cindy, check your e-mail. I just sent the images of the obit for Floyd Thompson.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic