Search for content in message boards

YDSE, circa 1913, Lillesan, Waerdalen, Norway

Ydse

Olaf Kringhaug (View posts)
Posted: 22 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ydse
Hi Carol!

The modern spelling of Wærdalen is Verdal, a municipality in Nord Trøndelag county. Lillesan sounds like Lillesand and there may be such a place in Verdal. I have found about 21 people in Verdal on the 1900 census with the name Ydse but since you gave no names, I didn't pursue it. That census is the latest one available.
Go to: http://draug.rhd.isv.uit.no/folketellinger_engelsk_britisk.h...
Type Ydse in the surname slot, scroll down and check the Nord Trøndelag box and hit 1900. You may find them. Let me know if you have any problems.
Olaf

YDSE, circa 1913, Lillesan, Waerdalen, Norway

Posted: 22 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 8:04PM GMT
Surnames: Ydse, Ellingan
I would like to hear anyone researching the YDSE family from Lillesan, Waerdalen, Norway. Family is related to the ELLINGAN family from Webster, Sask., Canada.

Re: YDSE, circa 1913, Lillesan, Waerdalen, Norway

Posted: 30 Sep 2002 7:23PM GMT
Edited: 26 Feb 2003 8:16PM GMT
Carol,

I have some Ellingsen's and Ellingsdatter's in my family ancestry, some of them left the Verdal area for America, who knows they may not have made it that far. Although, I don't connect with any Ydse families as of yet. These are the ones I have.

Name/Birthdate/Birthplace/when they left Verdal

Ellingsdatter, Agnis Unknown ?
Ellingsdatter, Berith Maria February 23, 1871 Qvelstadvald, Verdal, Nord-Trøndelag, Norway
Ellingsdatter, Kerstie Unknown ?
Ellingsdatter, Kirstina September 15, 1841 Ulvild, Verdal, Nord-Trøndelag, Norway Att. Amerika April 21 1870
Ellingsdatter, Maria December 14, 1846 Ulvild, Verdal, Nord-Trøndelag, Norway
Ellingsdatter, Mette January 12, 1858 Qvelstadvald, Verdal, Nord-Trøndelag, Norway Att. Amerika April 28 1883
Ellingsdatter, Ragnil Anna December 12, 1849 Grundvald Ulvild, Verdal, Nord-Trøndelag, Norway Att. Amerika April 20 1871
Ellingsdatter, Seriana December 05, 1852 Ulvild, Verdal, Nord-Trøndelag, Norway
Ellingsen, Albert Marius April 24, 1888 Bjørstad, Verdal, Nord-Trøndelag, Norway
Ellingsen, Ellef January 10, 1833 Ulvild, Verdal, Nord-Trøndelag, Norway
Ellingsen, Emilie August 05, 1884 Bjørstad, Verdal, Nord-Trøndelag, Norway
Ellingsen, Johannes March 16, 1853 Lundskind, Verdal, Nord-Trøndelag, Norway
Ellingsen, Lars December 18, 1838 Grundvald Ulvild, Verdal, Nord-Trøndelag, Norway
Ellingsen, Martinus September 14, 1860 Qvelstadvald, Verdal, Nord-Trøndelag, Norway Att. Sverige April 8 1881
Ellingsen, Martinus March 09, 1835 Grundvald Ulvild, Verdal, Nord-Trøndelag, Norway Att. Amerika July 4 1882
Ellingsen, Ole March 17, 1844 Grundvald Ulvild, Verdal, Nord-Trøndelag, Norway Att. Amerika April 4 1870
Ellingsen, Ole November 03, 1866 Qvelstadvald, Verdal, Nord-Trøndelag, Norway Att. Sverige February 6 1888
Ellingsen, Peder December 20, 1854 Lundskind, Verdal, Nord-Trøndelag, Norway Att. Sverige September 16 1876
Ellingsen, Sefanias January 27, 1859 Skjørholmsvald, Verdal, Nord-Trøndelag, Norway
Ellingsen, Sefenias September 24, 1875 Verdal, Nord-Trøndelag, Norway
Ellingsen, Severin July 05, 1892 Bjørstad, Verdal, Nord-Trøndelag, Norway

Let me know if you can make any connection or if you need more info on any of them.

Michael Atchison

Posted: 15 Jun 2004 1:42PM GMT
My great grandmother was an Ellingsen from Saskatchewan. Her name was Oline. She married Elias Lund from Evansville, Minnesota. I would be interested in any additional information you have on the Ellingsens in Canada and before.

Posted: 15 Jun 2004 1:48PM GMT
In your list of Ellingsen ancestors you mentioned Sefanias Ellingsen, born 1875. Do you know if his father was Elling Pedersen and mother Gunnil Sivertsdatter? Sefanias would be my GG grandfather. His daughter, Oline, married my G grandfather Elias Lund from Evansville, Minnesota.

Posted: 15 Jun 2004 4:55PM GMT
Edited: 29 Dec 2005 4:33PM GMT
Surnames: Ydse Ellingan Ellingsan
Hi, Gregory

I'm not related to YDSEs or ELLINGAN/ELLINGSANs but I found a wonderful letter a few years ago at an antique sale. I bought it because it contained a lot of genealogical info and I thought it would have a better chance of me finding a family member who wanted it, than it would sitting in a box of photos at a travelling antique shop.

Here is the info contained in the letter. It is written by Anna YDSE of Lillesan, Verdalen on Jan 26, 1913. I won't type out the whole thing, but here are the main points, translated. It is written in Norwegian and addressed to Mrs. Mary ELLINGAN of Webster, Sask.

Anna is the daughter of Oluf YDSE, who is Mary's uncle. Anna came to Verdalen in 1906. They bought Lillesan (I'm assuming it is a farm) which is close to a place called Rinbret. Anna and her family lived in "Jarlen" prior to Lillesan, and Mary's father visited them there.

Anna has a sister named Martine, who at the time of the letter was married and living in Salberg. Her brother Johan worked on the railroad at Davre / Dovre.

Anna has a son, three years old whose father is in Canada. Anna hopes to live there soon, like Mary. Apparently Mary visited Norway but did not get to meet Anna or her family because the Ydses were in Sweden.

I get the impression that Anna is using her maiden name, YDSE. This idea may be further supported by the existence of a family in the 1900, Stjoerdal, Nord-Trondelag census that fits the bill:

Oluf Ydse b. 1849 in Verdalen & wife, Mali
Children:
Martine Ydse b. 1880 in Hegre
Anna Ydse b. 1883 in Meraker
Johan Ydse b. 1887 in Sweden

Since it seems Anna's father was Mary's father's brother, then Mary's maiden name would have been YDSE as well.
Ellingan or Ellingsan would have been Mary's married name.
At the time this letter was written Mary had small children.

Carol

Posted: 24 Jan 2012 9:05PM GMT
Hello.

I found this letter on google. This letters are from my family. Johan Ydse is my fathers grandfather. We would be very glad if we get this letters.

Posted: 25 Jan 2012 12:34AM GMT

Posted: 26 Jan 2012 7:23AM GMT
Edited: 26 Jan 2012 7:24AM GMT
Surnames: Ydse
Hi Anne Berit,
I sent an message to you through Ancestry yesterday. I would be happy to send you the letter.

Thanks!

Posted: 9 Jan 2013 6:15PM GMT
Michael
Ellef Ellingson was my great grandfather. I know no relatives past him. He came to Foxhome MInnesta around
1881 or 1882, with his wife Maria (b.1842)
Can you tell me how the Ellingson's on the list are related.
What is Ulvild?
We are goin to be near Verdalen in June 1213, and would like to see where Ellef live.
Any information you can give me on his family would be
great.
Do you live in the Us or Norway?
Ellef and the other immigrants named their church in the Vukku
after the Vukku church in Verdalen.
Barbara Oase
4345 Tarnowski Rd.
Duluth, Mn.
barboase@yahoo.com

per page

Find a board about a specific topic