Search for content in message boards

Frazier indians

Frazier indians

mary birge (View posts)
Posted: 27 Aug 2001 12:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Ken,
My Fraziers were Cherokee I have been told and haven't run into any with those names but will be on alert when I am searching. My Fraziers came from Tennessee to Missouri, around Stone and Christian Counties and settled there. Mary

Re: Frazier indians

Posted: 20 Aug 2002 7:05PM GMT
I'am a Cherokee Indian. My last name is Frazier I live in Oklahoma

Posted: 16 Sep 2002 5:52AM GMT
Hell, I am trying to conect my Frazier's with the Cherokee's, They are from the Carolinas, and then Tenn., Virginia and WV . Any info would be appreciated .
Thank You ,
Ken Frazier

Posted: 27 Oct 2002 11:17PM GMT
My great greatngrandfathers name was Benoni Morlan from what i have heard he married a cherokee indian name Siner berry or Signor Walker .They had 5 children one of their children was Hannah Catherine she married a William H Wood they had 6 children one of their daughters was Elizabeth Ann she married George Edward Frazier in Parke County Indiana in 1866. I have a picture of Elizabeth Ann and George Edward Frazier picture If you know anything else please let me know. Brenda Frazier Milliron

Donna Frazier Bruner (View posts)
Posted: 10 Dec 2002 9:15AM GMT
My Fraziers are Cherokee indians. Haven't had much luck. New at this. Grandfather was Walter Fletcher Frazier, he married Nora Overstreet. Walter's mother was Cherokee and his father German. Have no names. Nora's mother was Cherokee. Walter and Nora had 4 children - Morris, Robert, Lewis and Mary. My father was Morris. Have gotten stuck here. Have you heard of any of these names?

k.frazier (View posts)
Posted: 11 Dec 2002 1:37AM GMT
No. Im srry i couldnt connect any of the names i have with those

Posted: 6 Jun 2003 2:23PM GMT
Surnames: frazier manning fagg guinn
I am trying to trace the line of Charles Frazier and Mary Jane Guinn. She was from Maude, Oklahoma (I think).

Mary Jane's Mother was Elizabeth Husbands and may have been from Bibb Co., AL.

Her mother was Jane James or Jones who is supposed to Cherokee but I am having trouble finding much on her. She was married to Elijah Husbands but I don't have any dates. It would have to be before 1823.

I would love to be able to prove this lineage.

Marken Frazier Gerhardt (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jun 2003 12:03AM GMT
Surnames: Frazier, Husbands, Guinn
Our Frazier family lore says Jane James, married to Elijah Husbands (b. 1800 Anson/Richmond Co. NC), was a Cherokee Indian. She may have been, but they married in Marengo Co., Al, which was Choctaw land. The marriage was 17 Oct. 1822. They had two known children, Elizabeth Husbands, b. 1828, Bibb Co., Al and James B. Husbands b. 1831, Al. Records have been hard to find. I have seen an 1820 Marengo Co. tax record listing both Elijah Husbands and Jane James. The 1830 census record (very faint) shows two older women living with the couple and their daughter.
Elizabeth Husbands married Charles Guinn ( b. 1821, Al).By 1860 they were in Angelina Co., Tx.
Their daughter, Mary Jane Guinn, b. 1842, Choctaw Co., Al married Charles Frazier, b. 1835, Franklin Co., Tn. Mary Jane and Charles married in Angelina Co., Tx. After the Civil War the Guinns and the young Fraziers moved to Collin Co., Tx. I do not believe they were ever in Oklahoma.

Other branches of this family grew up hearing they had a Guinn grandmother on the Trail of Tears. It's possible this was Jane James. Elijah Husbands eventually married an Ann and had more children.

Jane James

Posted: 13 Jun 2003 3:57AM GMT
Surnames: manning frazier guinn husbands
Marken:

Do we have any idea what happened to Jane James? I have seen where Elijah remarried but do we know why? Did Jane die or did she leave? And if she left, did she possible go to Oklahoma? I am just trying to make sense from some old notes my dad had. I really have no idea.

Sheri

Re: Jane James

Marken Frazier Gerhardt (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jun 2003 5:40AM GMT
Surnames: James, Husbands, Frazier, Guinn
Well, Sheri,
You raise an interesting question. No one knows what happened to Jane James, but the assumption is that she died. Whether that was from something at home, or if indeed. she was on The Trail of Tears, no one knows. All we know of her is that she and Elijah had a son in 1831.

I have tried checking for her on Indian rolls of those who reached Ok and have not ever found her name. I don't know if we will ever find out, however you might get a chance to go to Ok and research someday. Is Maude, Ok in Indian Territory?

Nice to hear from you again. Marken
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions