Search for content in message boards

WIRT HOWE

WIRT HOWE

Posted: 17 Feb 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Aug 2001 4:50PM GMT

I am looking for information concerning the ancestors of JOEL HOWE and JOHN BAPTIST WIRT. JOEL was born in Monroe county in about 1830 and had a sister named Mariette. He had moved to Allegheny county by 1855 and married Caroline Hicks. John was born in Canada around 1820 to Layfaette Wirt and came to Monroe county as a young man. There he married Angeline Pauquette in the Catholic Cchurch. I believe Johns mother was an indian and he was from the Quebec area.ebec area.

Howe in NY

Howe, Laurie (View posts)
Posted: 7 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: William Howe
I am trying to track a branch of the Howe family that lived in the Rome/Rochester area. Mr. Howe's fathers name is Daniel and his Mothers name is Emma. They lived somewhere in this area up to 1858-maybe longer. Their children were named: William H, Sarah L. George and John S. If anyone could help me with information concerning this Family I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks-LaurieP.S. I guess this means Genesee County since that is where Rochester is-or Monroe...lmh

Howe search

Posted: 8 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 Aug 2001 4:50PM GMT
Surnames: Howe
All I know of the Howes in Monroe County is that Joel and his sister Mariette were in the NY1855 census for Catteragus County lised as born in Monroe County.

STeve Kleisath

Howe, Laurie (View posts)
Posted: 9 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Howe
No PRoblem - However- I am trying sooo hard to get beyound1792- I know that Daniel Rose Howe went from Mass. to NY and initially settled long enough to have some children in Herkimer CTy-Russia and then went to Western(ville) Oneida Cty NY and connected up some how with
Rochester-in Monroe Cty- I have a newspaper with an Anniversary announcement in it from there---among other things. The only thing I have located thusly is a small Howe family listed as going toHoly Sep. Roman Catholic Church- they are buried in a Catholic Cemetary- Elizabeth, Maria, Mary,Mancy Maria, Richard and Thomas F.Being that your Howe is canadian- these could be likely matches.( French Canadians tend to be Catholic.)IF it is-The Archdiocese of that area would have records-baptisms etal at the Archbishops Cathedral. Sometimes those kind of records can be found at the Church itself-but the age of these may put it into an archival state-I hope this helps Steve-Let me know-Yours, Laurie

Re: Howe in NY

Posted: 21 Jun 2008 9:42PM GMT
Surnames: Howes
I have a William W. that could easily be a William H. Transcription error? He was born in New York in Mar. 1855. He later moved to Michigan where he married Liza A. b. 1862. They had two sons both born in Michigan. Frank L. Howes b. 1882 and Gordon H. b.1899. Does this sound like your William? His parents were also from New York. If this sounds familiar, please contact me.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic