Search for content in message boards

Any Potters from Minnesota?

Any Potters from Minnesota?

Sally Zavoral Rackers (View posts)
Posted: 26 Mar 2001 9:56AM GMT
I am related to Potters from Fairmont, Minn.
My Grandmother was Anna Potter. Her kids were Dottie, Geneva, Kenneth (grandson, but she raised him) Floyd and Iver(?). Anyone out there related?

Minnesota Potters

Duane I. griffith (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 2001 12:09PM GMT
I am a direct decendent of Albert Potter. Albert Potter homesteaded in Meeker County near Litchfiel Minnesota. They had eleven children; George, Frank, Ray, Lee,Dolly, Matilda, Alvira, Hazel,Ada, Samuel and Newton. I would like to cantact anyone with information on this family.
I have read your message Sally Zavoral Rackers and will try to answer your message if I can figure out how.

Gladys Potter Wells (1890 - ?) Minneapolis

Posted: 4 Jun 2001 12:10PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 4:22PM GMT
Gladys Potter married Edward Joseph Wells and moved to TN about 1935??? They had a daughter named Sondra Kay Wells born about 1941. When Edward died (1941) it is believed that Gladys took her daughter and returned to Minneapolis. None of us has seen her since. Would love to locate Sondra Kay.

Gladys Potter Wells (1890-??) from Minneapolis

Posted: 4 Jun 2001 12:14PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 4:22PM GMT
Am looking for the daughter of Gladys. Her name is Sondra Kay Wells, born about 1941 in TN. Her father, Edward Wells, died when she was 6 months old and it is believed Gladys Potter may have returned to her home town of Minneapolis with Sondra. Sondra is my mother's half-sister and we are all interested in finding her - we have only seen a baby picture of her.

Re: Minnesota Potters

Posted: 7 Oct 2001 2:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2002 7:13PM GMT
Hi,

We are researching Potter family lines of Abraham Potter born 1745 Rowan County, NC per his Revolutionary War Pension application papers. Abraham and several of his children moved to eastern Kentucky around 1815. In the 1860's several of the families we are researching moved to Meeker County, MN. One family was the Andrew Ramey family. Andrew Ramey was married to Anna "Judy" Potter. Do you know if your ALbert Potter has any ties to the eastern Kentucky Potters or specifically to Anna "Judy" Potter or her sister Didema "Gal" Potter. We have been trying to locate some of their descendants.

Letha

Re: Any Potters from Minnesota?

Posted: 30 Jan 2002 10:49PM GMT
Edited: 28 Mar 2004 5:41AM GMT
Hello,'
My maiden name is Zavoral.
I was wondering if there is any connection between us?
We are unaware of any Potter's?
My Father Glen Zavoral is from Theif River Falls.
Please feel free to contact me.
Sincerely,
Jo-Lynn

Jo Lynn (View posts)
Posted: 11 Feb 2002 11:18PM GMT
Hello,
My maiden name is also Zavoral and my first name is
Jo Lynn - what are the odds of that? I do not know of any Potters but my father, James R. Zavoral is from Thief River Falls, MN as well. I have a brother named James D. Zavoral who lives in St. Paul, and the rest of us (two sisters and a brother) live in Madison, WI area. I had no idea there was another Jo-Lynn out there. Can you tell me a little more about your Zavoral-side family tree?

Posted: 28 Mar 2004 5:51AM GMT
Jo-Lynn Are you out there? I am in hopes you are.
Wow, this is really amazing!! My name is spelt Jo-Lynn, this is totally bazar. You too are Jo-Lynn, Wow!!
Jo-Lynn I really want to apologize for not replying to your letter any sooner.
During that time you had replied my Father had been very ill in and out of the hospital.
We finally lost him on Feb. 17, 2002.
I noticed your letter was dated Feb. 11, 2002.
With everything that had happened I had forgotten about "Ancestry."
Please feel free to contact me @ my e-mail: ruedas@cwnet.com
I am looking forward to hearing from you, and I hope you are still out there?
Best Regards,
Jo-Lynn Zavoral Ruedas

Re: Gladys Potter Wells (1890-??) from Minneapolis

Posted: 21 Aug 2012 3:31AM GMT
This message has been posted so long ago. Gladys was my grandmother & Sandra is my Aunt. I have been trying to find any information on Edward and Gladys' life in Tennesee. I would welcome an email exchange- I hope you still have this account!

Re: Gladys Potter Wells (1890-??) from Minneapolis

Posted: 21 Aug 2012 3:35AM GMT
It was closer to 1944 when Gladys moved back to Minnesota - my father is her son. I would very much welcome any information on Edward and any family in Tennesee.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic