Search for content in message boards

can't edit existing worldconnect trees

can't edit existing worldconnect trees

Posted: 23 Feb 2011 7:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have two very outdated worldconnect trees that I'd like to update. They are linked to my account (I am using the same e-mail that was used to create each tree), but when I click "edit", it takes me to a page asking for the user code and password for each tree.

I created the trees years ago (through rootsweb, not ancestry) and don't remember assigning passwords to the trees individually. I used password central to request the passwords, but it wouldn't display them. It shows "password: " (blank)

I am certain that the e-mail address, user names, etc. are all correct. Is there any way I can access the trees?

Re: can't edit existing worldconnect trees

Posted: 24 Feb 2011 5:57PM GMT
Nevermind, the helpdesk responded to my problem after a few days. If this happens to anyone else, it is because I changed my username. It has been fixed now.

Posted: 11 May 2012 4:08PM GMT
Did you fix it, or did they have to?! I am having the same issue, email shows a Blank for the password. I didnt exactly change my username, but it appears when ancestry.com took over rootsweb they changed it for me to match the ancestry.com one! Help desk has not responded to me, and I still cant get to my own trees!

Posted: 25 Jun 2012 7:37PM GMT
I am having the same problem. Did you get any help yet?

Posted: 26 Jun 2012 12:30AM GMT
I checked my e-mail archives and the helpdesk had to fix the issue -- I couldn't fix it myself. Changing my username unlinked my trees to my username, and they had to link them to my new username.

Posted: 26 Jun 2012 4:10PM GMT
Thank you, I have called and emailed the helpdesk with absolutely no response from them. They dont seem to be interested in helping me!

Posted: 3 Jul 2012 2:10PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jul 2012 2:10PM GMT
Our contact history with your email shows an email in Sept. 2009 and then nothing until 5/11/2012 which we replied to on the 16th. I've posted the following on another of your threads but as you are not recieving our emails I will post again here in hopes that you receive your answer.

Dear Evelyn,

Thank you for contacting RootsWeb regarding your tree. Ancestry.com has owned RootsWeb since June 2000. Your tree appears to have an update date of 2009. It is associated with your username ejadame1. You appeared to have changed ejadame1 to JeannieAdame69 which disconnected you from your tree. We have reassociated your tree to you with your current username JeannieAdame69. Log into RootsWeb with JeannieAdame69, click on Family Trees in top bar of the site, click on Start Here in the right, and you will see your tree listed for viewing and updating.

If there is anything else with which we might assist you, please let us know.

Daniel
RootsWeb Support Team
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic