Search for content in message boards

Looking for information on MacIntyre

Looking for information on MacIntyre

Posted: 6 Apr 2012 2:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: MacIntyre, MacLellan, MacDonald
Looking for information on Duncan A. MacIntyre, born at Kempt Road 14 Nov 1869, married Sarah Ann Maclellan on 25 Sep 1900 at Arichat. I think that Duncan's father was Laughlin MacIntyre, and mother was Kathleen MacDonald. Information on any of them would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Looking for information on MacIntyre

Posted: 12 Aug 2012 3:02AM GMT
Hi, took a quick look and yes, Duncan MacIntyre's parents were Lauchlin and Katie MacIntyre. I was not able to verify that Katie's last name was MacDonald. The 1971 census shows Lauchlin as being widowed with the following children: Annie, Catherine, Isabella, Flora, Catherine Mary and Duncan A. It looks like he may have remarried in 1871 to a Mary MacColl -- parents listed as Duncan and Ann MacIntyre. You can explore this info further at www.novascotiagenealogy.com.

Hope this helps a bit!!

Re: Looking for information on MacIntyre

Posted: 13 Aug 2012 12:48AM GMT
Thanks for the info. I got Katie's last name (MacDonald) from Duncan's death certificate, which I have a copy of. His father's name was spelled Laughlin on that document, and Lauchlin on his marriage record. The 2nd marriage was new information. I need to look at more census records again.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic