Search for content in message boards

DAVIS

Posted: 27 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Jun 2003 1:58AM GMT
Surnames: DAVIS
I am a descendant of Truman DAVIS, one of the first settlers of Greene Co. I would like any information on his family. Thanks

Truman Davis

Ruth Thompson (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Davis
I found the following in the 1856 Iowa State Census, Greene County:

Name,Age,born,occupation,years in Iowa
Truman Davis,46,N.Y.,farmer,7
Mary,43,Ohio
L.P.(male),20,Ohio
Wm.M.,16,Ind.
J.H.(male),14,Mo.
C.J.(fem),12,Mo.
J.K.P.(male),9,Mo.
M.A.(fem),6,Iowa
N.L.(fem),4,Iowa
H.E.(fem),0,Iowa

Truman Davis Family

Posted: 20 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 12:37AM GMT
Surnames: DAVIS
I am related to George C. MILLER who married Mary Ann, the ninth child of Truman DAVIS on 26 Dec 1869, in Greene Co, IA. I would appreciate the opportunity to exchange information on this family. Thank you. Bill

Re: DAVIS/FULKS

Henry Scherr (View posts)
Posted: 24 Apr 2004 7:48PM GMT
His wife was Mary A. Fulks, born 3 August 1813 in Columbiana County, OH, died 24 August 1888 in Grand Junction, Greene Co, IA. Her father was Charles Fulks, a veteran of the War of 1812, who died 23 March 1835 in Congress Twp, Wayne County, OH, and is buried in Congress Cemetery. His Wayne Co land was actually closer to the town of West Salem and is now occupied by the Town and Country Campground at the end of Shilling Road. Sometime in the 1820's, they moved from Columbiana to Wayne County. We have not confirmed the identity of her mother, Charles Fulks' first wife, but she may have been a Jane Farmer of Frederick Co, VA. Earlier ancestry has not yet been confirmed, but this Fulks family may be descended from German immigrant Andreas Volck, who emigrated from near Worms/Mannheim in 1708.

I would appreciate any confirmation of the ancestry of Mary Fulks Davis, perhaps from her obituary or death record.

Re: DAVIS/FULKS

Posted: 23 Aug 2012 7:16PM GMT
Surnames: davis/faulks
my grandmother is betty jane davis ....

Re: Truman Davis Family

Posted: 22 Aug 2013 8:20PM GMT
i believe my grandmother betty jane davis was one of his great grand children ...

i believe my grandmother betty jane davis was one of his great grand children ...

per page

Find a board about a specific topic