Search for content in message boards

Rixner and Rousell

Rixner and Rousell

Posted: 27 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Nov 2002 10:31PM GMT
Surnames: Rixner, Rousell
My grandmother was born in Edgard in St. John the Baptist Parish. Her father was Numa Rixner b.1859 and her mother Cesaire Rousell b. 1865. He was justice of the peace for one term in the 3rd ward. I have much information to share and would love to aquire more.

Re: Rixner and Rousell

Posted: 16 Oct 2001 9:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Feb 2003 11:16PM GMT
Surnames: Roussel,clement, vidonne,Cisa,or Cira or Zarat
Hi Bruce, My name is eldora roussel montgomery johnson. My father was John Berchman Roussel. His father was Louis A. Roussell. My mother name was lucille Vidonne. They were married in Iberville Parish in September of 1930. She died at the age of 35 and we were placed for adoption. My children want to know who they were and where they all came from. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Eldora

Lois Shoupe (View posts)
Posted: 26 Apr 2003 9:27PM GMT
Surnames: Rixner
Do you have a list of children for the Numa Rixner you mention in your query?

Posted: 3 Dec 2004 3:57AM GMT
I'm researching the Rixners from Germany. Our ancestors ended up mostly in Pennsylvania. Where did your Rixners originate -- Germany? France?

I have some info from the 1880 census that has very many Rixners in Louisiana -- I did not see your ancestor Numa listed.
From the 3rd ward, St. John the Baptist, 1880 census lists Bebe, Ester, Joseph, Silver, Marie, and Victorin Rixner (apparently all one family).

Posted: 4 Dec 2004 4:58PM GMT
Edited: 7 Nov 2006 6:48PM GMT
The book GERMAN COAST FAMILIES, EUROPEAN ORIGINS AND SETTLEMENT IN COLONIAL LOUISIANA by Albert Robichaux Jr includes a brief account of the RIXNER family in Louisiana. Mr Robichaux notes that a 1728 funeral record shows that Marguerite RIXENER was a native of Grombach in the Palatinate and that her 1728 marriage record lists her parents as Jean George RIXENER and Barbe SCHONBACH. Also, the 1737 marriage contract at Fort Chartres (Illinois) of George RISSERNER Jr, son of George RISSENER Sr and Barbe PEINNER, lists George Jr as a native of "Crounbac" in the diocese of Spyre. Several children of George Jr and his wife, Genevieve FORTIN of Quebec, were baptized during the 1740s on the German Coast of Louisiana. Mr Robichaux indicated that his search of the Grombach registers (FHL film 1189147) for the RIXNER family was negative.

Bert (View posts)
Posted: 5 Dec 2004 2:03AM GMT
This is very interesting. Thanks. I'll try to find that book.

Posted: 20 Sep 2012 2:41PM GMT
Edited: 10 Oct 2012 10:01AM GMT
Surnames: rixner, rousell
my name is vernon rixner son of the late august rixner my grandfather was clarence rixner my great grandfather was numa(lemar)rixner.I just learned this info from my aunt alcinia rixner brown.never knew many of my dads family but i'm very curious.

Posted: 26 Oct 2012 2:38PM GMT
Surnames: Rixner
my grandmother was born Marguerite Rixner in 1902, Austin, Texas. Her mother was Josephina Cordova, daughter of Ernestina Cordova of New Orleans. Her father Eugene Rixner, Louisiana born and reared. Don't have any history other than above.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions